Rumor: Coyotes among many teams interested in Jacob Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
No they don't. Arizona does. Period.

No they don't

Strome can't match Mathews

Neither Dovorak nor Crouse can match Marner

Keller can't match Nylander

Domi and duclair have full seasons under their belts so they aren't prospects anymore

They do have an advantage on the blue line but up front the Leafs have them beat at every position

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
No they don't

Domi and duclair have full seasons under their belts so they aren't prospects anymore

They do have an advantage on the blue line but up front the Leafs have them beat at every position

Lol your argument is entirely based on excluding two of the best young players the Coyotes. That's very, very weak.

On a list of all Coyotes/Leafs prospects/young players Domi would be #2....

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I would not deal Dougie for Trouba, I wouldn't even think twice about it.

honest question. why did they pick trouba over Hamilton for world cup. is Hamilton injured. or did they just feel he wasn't as good as trouba. they are both rd.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
We don't need an insider to figure out if Trouba is available. With the Peg RHD depth, the salary cap era, expansion coming, Trouba being unsigned, and the need around the NHL for top 4 RHD's, that would lead most objective observers to believe Trouba is available and might be traded for some solid assets. If anyone thinks that trading Trouba is not a viable option for Chevy, they are not thinking realistically. It doesn't matter who called who first because any GM in Chevy's position would know that moving Trouba is an option.

Chevy isn't stupid and is a solid GM, I agree with that. But what if Trouba says he wants a 6 year deal at 6 mill+, won't play on his off hand, and wants top pairing minutes? If Trouba thinks he is going to be a 1RHD, the peg is not the place for him. He could ask for a 1 year deal too.

I might be wrong, but standing pat, Trouba signing a multi year deal at a reasonable price, and playing his off hand, is not likely. I think there will be a move made before the season starts. It might be other D men so Chevy can place a big long term bet on trouba or he is likely traded.

Well Trouba can ask for a 1 year deal all he wants. He would never get it. The Jets either sign him long term or bridge him for 2 years and retain RFA control of him after that. Both sides have said they are working on a long term deal. The Jets have signed free agents in late August and September before. This isn't some unknown never before seen event. Overhardt is likely (at this point) hoping to turn a good WC performance into more $$$. Chevy likes to play things slow and tight. Here's hoping that he is signed before training camp.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
honest question. why did they pick trouba over Hamilton for world cup. is Hamilton injured. or did they just feel he wasn't as good as trouba. they are both rd.

I honestly have no idea. I think it's a joke he was left off the team.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Dougie is still so young. Anyone who thought he wouldn't struggle coming in, playing key minutes, in a very difficult system, with new linemates wasn't being realistic. From game 30 onwards, he was terrific and I thought he looked better than Giordano.

Dougie to me, what was I wanted Jbo to be. Size, excellent skating, big shot, more physical. He was such a beast. He does need work on his defensive game but he isn't a bad and he will get even better.

Trouba is a better defensive player, slightly less explosive skater, equal shot, lesser offensive game. I love Trouba but Dougie brings a dynamic game IMO.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
As a Coyotes fan a Stone+Perlini+MacInnis or pick is about as high as I would go for a deal for Trouba.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
Honestly, I dont understand why people are calling this guy overrated? He skates like the wind, can hit, and can shoot. Have not watched enough of him at the NHL level to rate his defensive game, but he is young and has loads of potential. Contract dispute is a red flag, but wouldnt you be kind of annoyed with Byfuglien and Myers ahead of you on the depth chart?

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Honestly, I dont understand why people are calling this guy overrated? He skates like the wind, can hit, and can shoot. Have not watched enough of him at the NHL level to rate his defensive game, but he is young and has loads of potential. Contract dispute is a red flag, but wouldnt you be kind of annoyed with Byfuglien and Myers ahead of you on the depth chart?

The answer to that question is a resounding YES. I believe that the core issue is Trouba's role going forward. He likely feels that he should be the key RD, either #1 0r #2. Being strapped to Stuart has cost him hugely both in $$$ and in reputation. If I was him I would be reluctant to sign and play third fiddle as well. I just hope the Jets are willing to make the necessary changes. Stu needs a permanent spot in the PB.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
No they don't

PROVEN NHL TALENT >>>>> what the leafs have.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

buff is 1 of the best dmen in league of coarse he is behind buff on depth chart. but he is not behind myers . just go look at time toi. the problem is simple myers contract is to good for a small market team like Winnipeg to pass on. basically 3.5 mill for the next 3 years. to good a player for that money to move him . they will figure out how to use him buff and myers in top 4 and keep everyone happy.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
As a Coyotes fan a Stone+Perlini+MacInnis or pick is about as high as I would go for a deal for Trouba.

Don´t want Stone, we already have 1 RHD coming back from surgery, don´t want another 1 that we not sure he will be 100% fit, and he is UFA aswell...

Strome or Murphy is the base for a deal if Coyotes really wanna have a go.....

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Hard to know.

It's hard to know that he's young and has huge potential? No, that's pretty easy to see. One can question whether he'll hit that potential, but no one (other than apparently you) denies that he still has potential.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
buff is 1 of the best dmen in league of coarse he is behind buff on depth chart. but he is not behind myers . just go look at time toi. the problem is simple myers contract is to good for a small market team like Winnipeg to pass on. basically 3.5 mill for the next 3 years. to good a player for that money to move him . they will figure out how to use him buff and myers in top 4 and keep everyone happy.

If Trouba has to play the left side, it could hurt the value of his next contract. If I were him, I wouldn't agree to that. On the right side, he will always be behind Buf and sometimes behind Meyers. The team is also unlikely to make the playoffs next year, so even less exposure, for his next contract. As an RFA, it is tough for Trouba to force a trade but going elsewhere is in his best interests.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Don´t want Stone, we already have 1 RHD coming back from surgery, don´t want another 1 that we not sure he will be 100% fit, and he is UFA aswell...

Strome or Murphy is the base for a deal if Coyotes really wanna have a go.....

Strome is a potential 1C, you won't get that level of a player. Murphy is signed for 6 years at under 4 mill. You won't get a cost controlled player like that for an unsigned Trouba.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad