Rumor: Coyotes among many teams interested in Jacob Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Strome is a potential 1C, you won't get that level of a player. Murphy is signed for 6 years at under 4 mill. You won't get a cost controlled player like that for an unsigned Trouba.

Then, there is no point in discussing a trade, simple. Jets are not intressted in picks and prospects....

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
If Trouba has to play the left side, it could hurt the value of his next contract. If I were him, I wouldn't agree to that. On the right side, he will always be behind Buf and sometimes behind Meyers. The team is also unlikely to make the playoffs next year, so even less exposure, for his next contract. As an RFA, it is tough for Trouba to force a trade but going elsewhere is in his best interests.
Playing on the left side beside Buff would likely help his next contract, I like all the huge assumptions that you just accepted as facts in this post....

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
The Trouba issues have been addressed numerous times. Trouba is not a fan of how he's being used and that he's wanted a top 4 spot. He also has issues with Paul Maurice that have been documented on numerous occasions.

I honestly don't see Trouba moving and if he is moved, it won't be for what some people think he's going to be moved for. I can see a first round pick, another draft pick and a prospect. To see some people think he's going to going to land them a blue chip center/blue chip defender or multiple blue chip defenders is ludicrous. We see it every year - players get moved for much less than what they're worth and the same will happen if Trouba gets moved.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
The Trouba issues have been addressed numerous times. Trouba is not a fan of how he's being used and that he's wanted a top 4 spot. He also has issues with Paul Maurice that have been documented on numerous occasions.

I honestly don't see Trouba moving and if he is moved, it won't be for what some people think he's going to be moved for. I can see a first round pick, another draft pick and a prospect. To see some people think he's going to going to land them a blue chip center/blue chip defender or multiple blue chip defenders is ludicrous. We see it every year - players get moved for much less than what they're worth and the same will happen if Trouba gets moved.

Please provide your source for this statement. Shouldn't be hard if it's happened 'numerous occasions'

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg

Nice plot:sarcasm:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Then, there is no point in discussing a trade, simple. Jets are not intressted in picks and prospects....

If the Jets want to watch Trouba hold out, refuse to play the left side, and be unhappy, sure, go ahead and try to keep him. Any picks or prospects are assets the Jets can use in another deal. You won't get as much as you think for an unsigned Trouba.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Playing on the left side beside Buff would likely help his next contract, I like all the huge assumptions that you just accepted as facts in this post....

Only if he is as effective and as comfortable on the left side, which I doubt is the case.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Only if he is as effective and as comfortable on the left side, which I doubt is the case.

Trouba played several games on the left side last year. He was already 3rd most TIO last season and playing top pair with Buff his year will only increase that. His fancy stats went up when playing with Buff.

Why would he sit out? Chance are the difference in contracts comes down to only hundreds of thousands of dollars. Sitting out a year would cost him millions. How is that in his interest?

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Jets fans don't want to trade Trouba, and if they do, they don't want picks or prospects unless they are of significant value. I don't understand what is so hard to comprehend. We have no need to trade him, we have all of the leverage in the world. There are multiple unsigned RFA (Gaudreau, Ristolainen, Lindholm) and yet everyone talks about how Trouba is definitely being shopped but nobody talks about any of those players. It's ridiculous and it is annoying, of course we're going to want a lot back for a player who is a borderline top pairing d-man at 22.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Jets fans don't want to trade Trouba, and if they do, they don't want picks or prospects unless they are of significant value. I don't understand what is so hard to comprehend. We have no need to trade him, we have all of the leverage in the world. There are multiple unsigned RFA (Gaudreau, Ristolainen, Lindholm) and yet everyone talks about how Trouba is definitely being shopped but nobody talks about any of those players. It's ridiculous and it is annoying, of course we're going to want a lot back for a player who is a borderline top pairing d-man at 22.

What I think you guys have to realize if he is being traded it is because you're not able to resign him. Obviously the team wants him back, but if a trade happens it is because that wasn't possible. And if that happens you're going to get a player who is a downgrade + something.

Eventually if he isn't resigned the Jets are going to have to decide if they want someone who can play on their team, or to just have someone's rights.

There are threads about trades for those guys, but Trouba has been rumored to be available for a long time. The Jets have a bunch of money in other dmen, I remember during the season a lot of people thought the Jets had to choose between Buff or Trouba.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I've never wanted a player traded so badly.

That may be due that the team you follow is currently building a collection of injured players just so they may meet the salary-floor; you are probably just filled with anticipation to see what a real hockey trade looks like.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
That may be due that the team you cheer for is currently building a collection of injured players just so they may meet the salary-floor; you are probably just filled with anticipation to see what a real hockey trade looks like.

LOL, says the fan of a team that has only made one significant trade, but only when the GM was forced to do so

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Trouba played several games on the left side last year. He was already 3rd most TIO last season and playing top pair with Buff his year will only increase that. His fancy stats went up when playing with Buff.

Why would he sit out? Chance are the difference in contracts comes down to only hundreds of thousands of dollars. Sitting out a year would cost him millions. How is that in his interest?

Just because he played a few games on the right side last year, doesn't mean he wants to do it full time. He could sit out because that can force a trade. He won't have to sit out a year, just camp and maybe the start of the season. That should be enough for Chevy to know he doesn't want to be there. We don't know what the difference is in contracts offered versus his demands. Murphy just got 6 years of term from the Coyotes as an example. Trouba might want the same term, 6 mill+ and a commitment to play him on the right side.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
What I think you guys have to realize if he is being traded it is because you're not able to resign him. Obviously the team wants him back, but if a trade happens it is because that wasn't possible. And if that happens you're going to get a player who is a downgrade + something.

Eventually if he isn't resigned the Jets are going to have to decide if they want someone who can play on their team, or to just have someone's rights.

There are threads about trades for those guys, but Trouba has been rumored to be available for a long time. The Jets have a bunch of money in other dmen, I remember during the season a lot of people thought the Jets had to choose between Buff or Trouba.

Remember what Jordan staal got? Did RyJos value get hurt? Just that Boston cant get full value means other teams can.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
LOL, says the fan of a team that has only made one significant trade, but only when the GM was forced to do so

Or, perhaps you simply don't understand that the Winnipeg management has been playing the long-game since day-one. They have essentially been moving out expiring contracts and simply drafting and developing players over the interim - due that the lousy franchise they purchased was bereft of any depth at both the NHL and minor league level. Hard to make any trades that effect real change when you don't have much to offer in trade.

The Thrashers didn't even own an AHL team, and farmed out their few prospects for others to develop. They had a scouting dept that was equal in size to most CHL teams.

You appear to be confusing organization-building with inaction.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
That may be due that the team you follow is currently building a collection of injured players just so they may meet the salary-floor; you are probably just filled with anticipation to see what a real hockey trade looks like.

Or, perhaps you simply don't understand that the Winnipeg management has been playing the long-game since day-one. They have essentially been moving out expiring contracts and simply drafting and developing players over the interim - due that the lousy franchise they purchased was bereft of any depth at both the NHL and minor league level. Hard to make any trades that effect real change when you don't have much to offer in trade.

The Thrashers didn't even own an AHL team, and farmed out their few prospects for others to develop. They had a scouting dept that was equal in size to most CHL teams.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: So according to you the only correct way to build a team is the Jets way?

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

I would not deal Dougie for Trouba, I wouldn't even think twice about it.

if I were a flames fan I'd take that deal as fast as humanly possible

to me Hamilton looks like a strong #3 option with a vet defensive D partner, could be top pairing with a Chara. Trouba's effect on expected goals is trending towards elite, I'd pay an arm and a leg to get him in Edmonton

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
So according to you the only correct way to build a team is the Jets way?

Not sure where I said that. What I said was that from their first day in business the Jets stated they would be a draft and develop franchise - and that there was a sound reasoning behind that strategy. Logically, they weren't going to sell-off the few players they held and scorch the earth when they had a sold-out building that needed to see a team that was at least somewhat competitive.

To summarize, I didn't once claim that it was the only or correct way to build a team, but rather that it was the way they chose to deal with buying a near-empty shell of a franchise. Hope that helps.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta

They have depth and the organization is very deep. The team is in much better shape now than it was in Atlanta. So don't act like they have nothing to trade. They have one of the deeper farm systems in the league. The Coyotes have made more player trade this year than the Jets since leaving Atlanta. Chyka has guts, and I love it. Chevy isn't playing the "long game". He's too timid and scared to make a wrong move.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Not sure where I said that. What I said was that from their first day in business the Jets stated they would be a draft and develop franchise - and that there was a sound reasoning behind that strategy. Logically, they weren't going to sell-off the few players they held and scorch the earth when they had a sold-out building that needed to see a team that was at least somewhat competitive.

To summarize, I didn't once claim that it was the only or correct way to build a team, but rather that it was the way they chose to deal with buying a near-empty shell of a franchise. Hope that helps.

While trying to make fun of trades that bring in prospects.....

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

if I'm WPG I'd probably look at an option like maybe McDonagh or maybe a prospect/young LHD like Provorov/Hanifin

WPG doesn't seem to have a ton of needs outside of a top 4 young LD, honestly. Trouba would push EDM into playoff contention in my mind, just don't see how they can offer anything other than a package around Nurse or maybe Reinhart+2017 1st

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad