Rumor: Coyotes among many teams interested in Jacob Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Most people are expecting it to look
Trouba - Byfulien
Enstrom - Myers
Chiarot/Sturat – Postma/Chiarot

Morrissey doesn’t need wavers so he probability ends up playing the #1 D role for the Moose and maybe gets an injury call up.

Even when Trouba is paired with Stuart that pairing hasn’t been used a 3rd pair. It gets called that because Stuart is a 6/7 D, but it’s used more as either a defensive pair or to shelter weak forward lines against tough competition. Trouba’s QoC and zone deployments are mostly equivalent to low end top pairing, or tough second pairing depending on what metric you look at.

Stuart with any lower end D is a complete tire fire. Trouba kept the pairing very respectable. I'm hoping that the bottom pairing includes Morrissey and either Chiarot or Postma, but I expect that Stuart will play there maybe with Morrissey or Chiarot. As long as Stuart's ice-time is reduced to around 10-11 minutes, it might work out.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Purely speculative. He could wait until after the expansion draft. There might well be several teams very keen to acquire him, with roster and cap space to spare. If the Jets don't get their return now he'll be signed and played prominently in the top four. He'll likely increase his trade value. The last thing Chevy needs to do is trade him below market value.

His market value is his market value. There is no above or below. Chevy still has to sign him and protect him at expansion in order to trade him after expansion. Trouba could want 6 mill+ for 7 years. Does Chevy do that? I doubt it. Trouba would then want a 1 year deal and want to play the right side. He could refuse the left side because it could hurt his market value. Then he could hold out if he is not signed, that hurts both sides. All speculation sure, but this could be a major problem that will only get worse for Chevy.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Its crazy how the longer this is going and looking back at different threads and comments, the more money fans are happy to give him.

A while back nobody wanted to give him more than 5...

and then Rielly signed his 5 AAV contract and people said definitely there is no way he can ask more than Rielly per year.

Then as this saga continued on, people said that they will be happy with 5.3 per just to get it over and done with, but THATS FINAL....

Then it continued and now it's up to 5.5 per that they will be happy with.....

and now im reading 6 mill per that some fans will be happy with????.. No wonder players hold out... they pray that the GM keeps raising their limit like this too I guess.

IMO Chevy would be INSANE to give him 6 or 6+. Honestly there is no way he should be signing more than the recently signed Rielly/Jones/Barrie. I honestly feel 5 mill per year is a fair deal but something tells me that isn't going to get it done.

I am extremely interested how this is going to play out. I have always said that I feel Chevy is the most underrated GM in the league and I truly don't think he will cave. Im actually hoping at this point, Chevy makes a trade and gets a big return.

I mean who knows whats even going on in talks... maybe Chevy hasn't even offered up to 5 mill per yet... and maybe Trouba is demanding 6.5 per year or something.... or maybe Trouba camp is only demanding 5.3 mill per and Chevy is offering 4.8 per and they can't close the gap and nobody is budging...We don't know.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Stuart with any lower end D is a complete tire fire. Trouba kept the pairing very respectable. I'm hoping that the bottom pairing includes Morrissey and either Chiarot or Postma, but I expect that Stuart will play there maybe with Morrissey or Chiarot. As long as Stuart's ice-time is reduced to around 10-11 minutes, it might work out.

I prefer Chiarot – Postma but realistically the club likes Stuart’s leadership and wants him in the lineup. Play him 12-15 sheltered min a game with Postma and he’d probably keep his head above water.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Its crazy how the longer this is going and looking back at different threads and comments, the more money fans are happy to give him.

and then Rielly signed his 5 AAV contract and people said definitely there is no way he can ask more than Rielly per year.

Then as this saga continued on, people said that they will be happy with 5.3 per just to get it over and done with, but THATS FINAL....

and now im reading 6 mill per that some fans will be happy with????.. No wonder players hold out... they pray that the GM keeps raising their limit like this too I guess.

IMO Chevy would be INSANE to give him 6 or 6+. Honestly there is no way he should be signing more than the recently signed Rielly/Jones/Barrie. I honestly feel 5 mill per year is a fair deal but something tells me that isn't going to get it done.

I am extremely interested how this is going to play out. I have always said that I feel Chevy is the most underrated GM in the league and I truly don't think he will cave. Im actually hoping at this point, Chevy makes a trade and gets a big return.

I mean who knows whats even going on in talks... maybe Chevy hasn't even offered up to 5 mill per yet... and maybe Trouba is demanding 6.5 per year or something.... or maybe Trouba camp is only demanding 5.3 mill per and Chevy is offering 4.8 per and they can't close the gap and nobody is budging...We don't know.

Sorry. I missed the last fan meeting where we all decided exactly what to think about the Trouba negotiations. I had a moment of weakness and posted an independent thought. My mistake.

We would also be buying more UFA years which is why going up to 6 is not ridiculous in the slightest.

Ah damn there goes that independent thinking again. Looks like I'll be stopping by the MTS Center for additional reintegration.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg

Term will also effect his salary.

Reilly signed for 6 years at 5mil per. I could see a higher AAV if Trouba signs for for 7 or 8 years. Which would make sense buying up extra UFA years.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015

Shrug my expectations haven’t changed. I think his camp is working off Hamilton’s contract of 6 year 5.75 million AAV with additional UFA years past 6 costing 7 to 7.5. For negotiating purposes they will start higher and I doubt they come down much below that if at all. I have no problem paying him 8 years at 6AAV as I think that will be a steal down the road.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Sorry. I missed the last fan meeting where we all decided exactly what to think about the Trouba negotiations. I had a moment of weakness and posted an independent thought. My mistake.

We would also be buying more UFA years which is why going up to 6 is not ridiculous in the slightest.

Ah damn there goes that independent thinking again. Looks like I'll be stopping by the MTS Center for additional reintegration.

Im a HUGE fan of what Jets have done over these past 5 years or so. I love their draft picks and what they have built. And a reason for that is Chevy not making bad trades or over paying for players. Winnipeg is a team that I am most excited to watch next season on TV and IMO has become a prime example of how drafting well and patience with players can build an impressive young roster.

I just hope Chevy stays strong and continues with how he operates. With Winnipegs impressive youth, they have potential in a few years to be signing some of these really good players to huge contract extensions and id just hate to see issues with getting players signed due to what I feel is overpaying for a player.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Im a HUGE fan of what Jets have done over these past 5 years or so. I love their draft picks and what they have built. And a reason for that is Chevy not making bad trades or over paying for players. Winnipeg is a team that I am most excited to watch next season on TV and IMO has become a prime example of how drafting well and patience with players can build an impressive young roster.

I just hope Chevy stays strong and continues with how he operates. With Winnipegs impressive youth, they have potential in a few years to be signing some of these really good players to huge contract extensions and id just hate to see issues with getting players signed due to what I feel is overpaying for a player.

I think he will. If True North are anything, they are 100% professionals about this kind of stuff. Tight lipped and such.

If it's true that this is all happening because Trouba wants us to pay a "Winnipeg" tax, well then best of luck to him playing for whichever teams pays the highest price. :yo:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I think he will. If True North are anything, they are 100% professionals about this kind of stuff. Tight lipped and such.

If it's true that this is all happening because Trouba wants us to pay a "Winnipeg" tax, well then best of luck to him playing for whichever teams pays the highest price. :yo:

is that rumored to whats going on? that he basically wants more money cause its Winnipeg?

Honestly when it comes to signing big named UFA's, then I see certain teams having to pay up more, and unfortunately I feel Winnipeg is on that list.... but there is no way a young kid with RFA status should already have that mindframe. If that's true, I wouldn't want him

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
is that rumored to whats going on? that he basically wants more money cause its Winnipeg?

Honestly when it comes to signing big named UFA's, then I see certain teams having to pay up more, and unfortunately I feel Winnipeg is on that list.... but there is no way a young kid with RFA status should already have that mindframe. If that's true, I wouldn't want him

There's absolutely nothing to back that up but that doesn't stop some people from bringing it up. :cry:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
There's absolutely nothing to back that up but that doesn't stop some people from bringing it up. :cry:

I just wish Chevy and Trouba camp would tell us all what each side is offering/demanding so we can all make our official judgements!!haha

As fas as we know, they could only be 300,000 apart per year but both sides are just being stubborn and not budging haha

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
I just wish Chevy and Trouba camp would tell us all what each side is offering/demanding so we can all make our official judgements!!haha

As fas as we know, they could only be 300,000 apart per year but both sides are just being stubborn and not budging haha

That's the thing. There's really only 2 facts to the whole story.

1) The Jets and Trouba are currently in negotiations

2) Trouba is unsigned

Everything else is pure speculation.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
That's the thing. There's really only 2 facts to the whole story.

1) The Jets and Trouba are currently in negotiations

2) Trouba is unsigned

Everything else is pure speculation.

Exactly.

And it's funny how Trouba is being thought as being the bad guy in this. Honestly I'll admit too that I just assume that its the Trouba camp that is the one making things difficult. When really maybe Cheveldayoff has only offered 4.2 per year or something.

I honestly think the reason why I always assume it's Trouba camp is cause of that report a while ago saying that he was demanding 7+ per year. Sure that rumor was shot down, but I think it's still in the back of my mind maybe?

Whileee

May 29, 2010

For what it's worth, on the Jets boards I'm on record quite some time ago suggesting...

6 x $5.25M
7 x $5.75M
8 x $6.00M

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Neither side is doing their job if they think they can still extract some value out of the other side in the negotiation.

Chevy has repeatedly said that the NHL is a "deadline driven" league. I think we'll see this get resolved one way or another when either or both sides feel the pressure of some sort of "deadline".

I doubt that Chevy will impose any sort of manufactured deadline.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Neither side is doing their job if they think they can still extract some value out of the other side in the negotiation.

Chevy has repeatedly said that the NHL is a "deadline driven" league. I think we'll see this get resolved one way or another when either or both sides feel the pressure of some sort of "deadline".

I doubt that Chevy will impose any sort of manufactured deadline.

Would be interested in knowing your thoughts on the merits of Chevy imposing a team- specific deadline - such as the one I`m lead to believe is policy imposed by the Islanders - no negotiations at all after start of training camp. If you don`t have a signed contract by that date, you don`t play for the Islanders that season.... That certainly provides a "drop dead negotiation deadline" that both management and player agents must take into account in their tactical planning.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Would be interested in knowing your thoughts on the merits of Chevy imposing a team- specific deadline - such as the one I`m lead to believe is policy imposed by the Islanders - no negotiations at all after start of training camp. If you don`t have a signed contract by that date, you don`t play for the Islanders that season.... That certainly provides a "drop dead negotiation deadline" that both management and player agents must take into account in their tactical planning.

I generally think that can be counter-productive. I don't think it's necessary, and can lead to bad decisions and outcomes. If Trouba isn't signed by the start of the season then the pressure mounts on him anyway as he starts missing pay cheques. I think Chevy should wait until just before the season and then give his best offer, and make it clear he's not budging.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I wounder why people are so intressted in Trouba, at the same time calles him overrated etc etc....

Just because a rival fan doesn't believe he is not worth the "HF asking price" doesn't mean said fan thinks he has no value.

Believing that the HF fan value is too high, and believing the kid (any kid) has good value are not mutually exclusive

It probably bugs me more than it should but its brutal logic and is posted way to frequently.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I generally think that can be counter-productive. I don't think it's necessary, and can lead to bad decisions and outcomes. If Trouba isn't signed by the start of the season then the pressure mounts on him anyway as he starts missing pay cheques. I think Chevy should wait until just before the season and then give his best offer, and make it clear he's not budging.

doesn't pressure mount both ways? Winnipeg could start losing games, and the Central division doesn't exactly offer much room to get your act together, and the Jets are a non-playoff team hoping to steal a spot, not just maintain a spot. Is Myers even fully recovered yet?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
doesn't pressure mount both ways? Winnipeg could start losing games, and the Central division doesn't exactly offer much room to get your act together, and the Jets are a non-playoff team hoping to steal a spot, not just maintain a spot. Is Myers even fully recovered yet?

Myers should be ready to go. There will be some pressure, but the Jets will have as many as 4 rookies in the line-up, so they might not be pushing hard for a playoff spot this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad