OT: COVID-19- March 17 2020 - No politics! Read post #1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Right, got you. No Chlorine atoms in Chloroquine, it's certainly not involved and you can't extract a single chlorine atom out of Chloroquine and all documents of it's action relating to Malaria are incorrect. Now I know, lets move on you're being very aggressive and kinda OCDish so please refrain.

You're being aggressively foolish regarding this subject matter and I won't lay off pointing out ignorance. Chloroquine shares the chemical structure of the ORIGINAL MALARIA DRUG QUININE. Its anti-malarial mechanism is biochemical not oxidizing or pH related. Chloroquine is not a significant oxidant like Chlorine bleach. Table salt has chloride. Is it pretty much the same thing? Your own stomach acid is HCl. Is that basically the same thing?

OCD? Your posting in this thread in this thread about various subject matter has been off the rails OCD level hysteria. That's what should be restrained. Your bro-science ignorance is dangerous as far as I'm concerned.

Wrap your head around some reality: it's highly unlikely that there is going to be an effective treatment for this virus emerge in the short term. In all likelihood the hype around this compound stems from the marketing juggernaut of the Bayer corporation behind this product.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Not to go too off topic, but has the argument been made that you are buying the media, but leasing the information/software/intellectual material on it?

That argument when it comes to vinyl would be interesting.

Vinyl is simply just an analog version of the intellectual material. Analog or digital, it's still just data. If you had some theoretical vinyl record replicator then attempted to sell vinyl copies of the original intellectual property with a blank label in a white cardboard sleeve, it would be the content not the physical vinyl record itself that breaks the intellectual property rights.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Vinyl is simply just an analog version of the intellectual material. Analog or digital, it's still just data. If you had some theoretical vinyl record replicator then attempted to sell vinyl copies of the original intellectual property with a blank label in a white cardboard sleeve, it would be the content not the physical vinyl record itself that breaks the intellectual property rights.

I realize that, but physically it is what isn't there on vinyl that is the intellectual property.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Thanks. I only have a PS4 for the kids and just know they now buy everything through the PS store.

This now makes sense

As I said more and more games are going live service so it doesn’t matter hard copy or digital when the studios that make the game can switch servers off whenever they want. I can’t think of a game that isn’t live service, maybe fifa is now I think about it maybe

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Not to go too off topic, but has the argument been made that you are buying the media, but leasing the information/software/intellectual material on it?

That argument when it comes to vinyl would be interesting.

it’s in the fine print of digital games when you buy, basically saying we own the game and can turn off the service when we feel like.

more importantly I’ve bought 2 games ever off the PlayStation store and a couple of weeks later my account was hacked and the person bought a bunch of online items for a game I didn’t own. PlayStation shut down my account and I couldn’t access the digital games I bought ever again, they just wouldn’t believe that I didn’t make the purchases. So I created a new account and now I only buy hard copies

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
So hurt the very ones who you are trying to help??
No returns is the answer
FB_IMG_1584697193812.jpg
FB_IMG_1584652398753.jpg

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
it’s in the fine print of digital games when you buy, basically saying we own the game and can turn off the service when we feel like.

more importantly I’ve bought 2 games ever off the PlayStation store and a couple of weeks later my account was hacked and the person bought a bunch of online items for a game I didn’t own. PlayStation shut down my account and I couldn’t access the digital games I bought ever again, they just wouldn’t believe that I didn’t make the purchases. So I created a new account and now I only buy hard copies

My adults still play multiplayer games but I've left that issue/pleasure behind.

I wouldn't mind a sub hunter game though. Pathetic eh?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
How those on fixed incomes who would have to now choose what not to buy because of the price hike which won't affect people like those in that picture anyway.....it will just make them try to scam at a higher price.....

Agreed with the no returns. They should be donated for the homeless.

Diapers?

I'm surprised I haven't heard anything about ...

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I really try hard to believe that every generation has bad apples and they ruin it for the many.

Maybe its because I'm part of the one ( just barely) that typically people seem to hate most... you can probably guess.

Anyway I agree with you. I did many stupid things... and were not even talking 20 years ago yet... but I owned up to them.

I also agree that the respect from some adults(that you could swear act like kids still) now is non existent. Even people my own age piss me off how they treat people(sometimes)... not just older but younger too. I don't mean to group a whole generation in... that's not fair... but I think if people admitted more often their own failures of their generations... at least their would be a healthier conversation.

It seems simple... if you want respect give it... and generally unless the person is asking for it, and you don't have a choice... be at least civil... regardless of your differences or opinions are.

Oh, I thought everyone knew we fail more than succeed to a high degree in our lives. Thats why we are tough minded. That goes double if you are a guy haaaaaaa ;) i am a guy! Pure f#(;ing happy loser lol

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I use game pass only when they give free trials. Technically you could download all the games on an xbox put it on hard drives and then take it offline. Get to keep all the games.

Edit: Nevermind, they changed that rule in 2019. You can only play for 30 fays online after a subscription ended.

ImpartialNHLfan

Oct 26, 2011
Parts Unknown
You're being aggressively foolish regarding this subject matter and I won't lay off pointing out ignorance. Chloroquine shares the chemical structure of the ORIGINAL MALARIA DRUG QUININE. Its anti-malarial mechanism is biochemical not oxidizing or pH related. Chloroquine is not a significant oxidant like Chlorine bleach. Table salt has chloride. Is it pretty much the same thing? Your own stomach acid is HCl. Is that basically the same thing?

OCD? Your posting in this thread in this thread about various subject matter has been off the rails OCD level hysteria. That's what should be restrained. Your bro-science ignorance is dangerous as far as I'm concerned.

Wrap your head around some reality: it's highly unlikely that there is going to be an effective treatment for this virus emerge in the short term. In all likelihood the hype around this compound stems from the marketing juggernaut of the Bayer corporation behind this product.
This pretty much sums it up. Bayer is an evil company and I would never use there products. And the person your talking too really does need to step away from the ledge a bit too. All he/she is doing is spreading unnecessary panic.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Heard 2 financial advisors/stock brokers (Harry Dent and Peter Sciff) say now is the time to borrow money like crazy and buy food, gold etc. The dollar is basically fiat money and they will have to rework the whole monetary infastructure. Basically said dont pay rent, mortgages, student loans etc lol

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Heard 2 financial advisors/stock brokers (Harry Dent and Peter Sciff) say now is the time to borrow money like crazy and buy food, gold etc. The dollar is basically fiat money and they will have to rework the whole monetary infastructure. Basically said dont pay rent, mortgages, student loans etc lol
Great advice let us know how that works out for you

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Are they doing that?

I know some empty warehouses they can use to store all that food.

Do you have their contact info?

;)

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
doesn't take a genius to push gold, paper money isn't worth the paper it's printed on since the US took it off the gold standard, silver's tanking right now big time, if you wanna make some real money and have the $$$$, buy some silver bullion.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Hey remember when our big worries were overpaid players, a inexperienced GM and an inconsistent goalie???

Yeah I'd like to go back to that.
perspective.........rooting for a bunch of highly talented underachievers doesn't seem like the worse thing now does it?

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
What are the chances that China is grossly under reporting their cases and deaths to quell some of the economic devastation they’re experiencing? They have everything to benefit from trying to get the market to stop tanking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad