OT: COVID-19- March 17 2020 - No politics! Read post #1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Saudi Arabia and Russia are just harming themselves with forgone profits by trying to sell oil cheaply. Freakin morons
Canada too, everyone hates high gas prices, but were a oil producing country, low gas prices hurt the country as a whole.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I did allot of stupid things when I was young (like most of us), but I don't think I'd ever be this careless, of course when I was young we respected older people and their opinions (whether we agreed with their views or not), today not so much...............

screen-shot-2020-03-19-at-8.14.07-am.png;w=960

Maybe these sorts of things are why young people are looking to elders for guidance less often.

Or they just like, listen to experts and people who know what they are talking about, instead.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I did allot of stupid things when I was young (like most of us), but I don't think I'd ever be this careless, of course when I was young we respected older people and their opinions (whether we agreed with their views or not), today not so much...............

I have wrestled with that very same thought. Would I be able to say honestly I wouldn't be so ignorant when I was a youth/ young adult

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton

Maybe these sorts of things are why young people are looking to elders for guidance less often.

Or they just like, listen to experts and people who know what they are talking about, instead.
Albera's average age is also very young at around 36-37, so this will be sort of representative of the age demographic. Not saying that people in that age bracket are being cautious enough, just that this graph is a little more extreme than the Canadian aggregate one would be because of the demographics there.

Reactions: Ignatius Reilly

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Please tell me you're trolling. Just stop. Quit parroting subject matter you're incapable of comprehending. You obviously don't understand even rudimentary High School chemistry.

Right, got you. No Chlorine atoms in Chloroquine, it's certainly not involved and you can't extract a single chlorine atom out of Chloroquine and all documents of it's action relating to Malaria are incorrect. Now I know, lets move on you're being very aggressive and kinda OCDish so please refrain.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

Can you clarify your point? Every expert I have heard has said while the risk of severe illness or death is extremely low to youth, they still contract and pass it on to those in a higher risk group

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013

what sort of things? How a virus affects different age groups and sexes? lirl. Solid logic.

so listen to old women more then if we use your genius logic?

Reactions: rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

Or they just like, listen to experts and people who know what they are talking about
, instead.
what is your point? The elderly are more susceptible ergo higher infection rate.

I doubt any of the kids doing stupid things like exposing themselves to the potential of being infected and therefore infecting others are listening to experts or we wouldn't be having this conversation..............

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Sold off about 80% of my equities this morning, kept the rest. Down 15% before selling. Not the worst thing that's ever happened to me and I'm still in a good financial position and most importantly, if my business goes south (which may well happen - building departments already shut down and I'm hearing now construction trades will stop working soon), I can just pull the rip chord. This could turn into a forced early retirement or semi-retirement. I wouldn't cry over it to be honest.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around a home purchase. Was on the cusp of an offer before this broke. There's a bunch of construction to be done (I can do it myself) but I am trying to wrap my mind around whether I will even be allowed to (if they get serious with lock down) and what costs may come on materials? Weird times. Ideally I would have started whole hog May 1st.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Can you clarify your point? Every expert I have heard has said while the risk of severe illness or death is extremely low to youth, they still contract and pass it on to those in a higher risk group
I'd like to know what so called "experts" are not elders to these reckless kids????????

Reactions: Jojalu

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Guys wouldnt it make sense to spend a few hundred dollars on grocery per trip though? Im watching whats going on around the world and they are limiting grocery stores to 50 people at once. That means massive line ups outside. I would rather go for groceries once a month over once a week than deal with the lines and price hikes. You are maximizing the amount of time saved as well.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Aren't influencers, sorry experts, around the same age as the kids?
I have no idea, in fact this sounds like a Leons commercial, I hope the irony was intended?

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-20_14-52-16.png
    upload_2020-3-20_14-52-16.png
    831.8 KB · Views: 3

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Guys wouldnt it make sense to spend a few hundred dollars on grocery per trip though? Im watching whats going on around the world and they are limiting grocery stores to 50 people at once. That means massive line ups outside. I would rather go for groceries once a month over once a week than deal with the lines and price hikes. You are maximizing the amount of time saved as well.

Just at the grocery, much busier than normal, and two transports there one unloading and another waiting to unload.

Everyone eating at home has really changed things for some.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

I really try hard to believe that every generation has bad apples and they ruin it for the many.

Maybe its because I'm part of the one ( just barely) that typically people seem to hate most... you can probably guess.

Anyway I agree with you. I did many stupid things... and were not even talking 20 years ago yet... but I owned up to them.

I also agree that the respect from some adults(that you could swear act like kids still) now is non existent. Even people my own age piss me off how they treat people(sometimes)... not just older but younger too. I don't mean to group a whole generation in... that's not fair... but I think if people admitted more often their own failures of their generations... at least their would be a healthier conversation.

It seems simple... if you want respect give it... and generally unless the person is asking for it, and you don't have a choice... be at least civil... regardless of your differences or opinions are.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Please tell me you're trolling. Just stop. Quit parroting subject matter you're incapable of comprehending. You obviously don't understand even rudimentary High School chemistry.

nice one. This guy sees something and believes it instantly and then posts here about it, I’m not smart enough on the topic of these chemicals but instantly thought there is just no way any of this is true when I first read those posts.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
You can download from every console. What the hell do you need the hard copy for?

yeah it’s a technicality but when you buy the hard copy you own but when you buy digital you are leasing it from the company. BUT a live service game it really doesn’t matter because the servers can be turned off anytime.

if it’s a game you don’t need an internet connection for them 100% hard copy over digital all day long you will be play as long as you still
Have that console

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
yeah it’s a technicality but when you buy the hard copy you own but when you buy digital you are leasing it from the company. BUT a live service game it really doesn’t matter because the servers can be turned off anytime.

if it’s a game you don’t need an internet connection for them 100% hard copy over digital all day long you will be play as long as you still
Have that console

Thanks. I only have a PS4 for the kids and just know they now buy everything through the PS store.

This now makes sense

Reactions: Its not your fault

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Have that console

Not to go too off topic, but has the argument been made that you are buying the media, but leasing the information/software/intellectual material on it?

That argument when it comes to vinyl would be interesting.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I really try hard to believe that every generation has bad apples and they ruin it for the many.

Maybe its because I'm part of the one ( just barely) that typically people seem to hate most... you can probably guess.

Anyway I agree with you. I did many stupid things... and were not even talking 20 years ago yet... but I owned up to them.

I also agree that the respect from some adults(that you could swear act like kids still) now is non existent. Even people my own age piss me off how they treat people(sometimes)... not just older but younger too. I don't mean to group a whole generation in... that's not fair... but I think if people admitted more often their own failures of their generations... at least their would be a healthier conversation.

It seems simple... if you want respect give it... and generally unless the person is asking for it, and you don't have a choice... be at least civil... regardless of your differences or opinions are.
I saw a bumper sticker years ago that sums up my view perfectly:

upload_2020-3-20_15-22-19.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad