OT: COVID-19- March 17 2020 - No politics! Read post #1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
All news these days is pretty much COVID-19. That's understandable of course. Having said that, I find myself turning off the TV (and whatever other news sources) more & more just to take a break from it. Too much of a bad thing is a really bad thing. Better times are ahead of us no doubt. The only question is when.
I've done the same.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
ummm how about the people filing for EI in the states actually go and find some job at the farms temporarily; earn a decent wage and also help out Americans

at age 58 I lost my job in IT so worked for a couple months in labour before going back to school for a few months.

I don't think any work is beneath an unemployed person.

Last edited:

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
at age 58 I lost my job in IT so worked for a couple months in labour before going back to school for a few months.

I don't think any work is beneath an unemployed person.
physical labor is a foreign concept to many these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rumman

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Not going to challenge the numbers China or any other countries are showing bc not everyone is being tested.
One thing For sure, North Korea is the first country to close it boarders with China and they are still close. Russia another country who closed it boarders with China remains close.
In my opinion, when Russia and North Korea reopen their boarder with China, that’s the clear indication the virus is a completely under control.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I thought peak was closer to middle of april to end of april; assuming most of "urgent" cases are already tested and quarantined.

If you feel like doing some homework.

Google Lancet. It is a very pestigeous medical journal.

Then google their article on the real mortality rate of this virus. It helps make sense of why we are going to such extreme measures.

I won't post it for those who don't want to see the numbers.

WHO,S numbers are based on deaths from all active cases. The real number comes from cases that have been resolved.

Reactions: PromisedLand and kb

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
Let's just say I have a healthy amount of skepticism about most media sources, I find most view things through their own ideological lenses

I don't want the lense, I just want the information then I'll make up my own mind on the particulars of the story
Well said.
Agree completely.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
imagine the government continued to pay EI while you worked on a farm receiving labour wages?

be like getting paid to go on a fitness farm.

win win.

Depends on what your doing ULF, you can put on plenty of weight driving around on a tractor all day

Picking fruit, vegetables or picking up rocks will make you strong though :laugh:

ShooterMikgaven

Sep 1, 2009
Sarnia, ON
Not going to challenge the numbers China or any other countries are showing bc not everyone is being tested.
One thing For sure, North Korea is the first country to close it boarders with China and they are still close. Russia another country who closed it boarders with China remains close.
In my opinion, when Russia and North Korea reopen their boarder with China, that’s the clear indication the virus is a completely under control.
Or once china reopens its own schools

Reactions: Gabriel426

ShooterMikgaven

Sep 1, 2009
Sarnia, ON
The history books will now reference pre and post virus after this. It will almost certainly trigger another great depression as the unsustainable monetary system has been falsely propped for a long time now and the corona pin is making this giant bubble of debt go pop.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Was watching on youtube RT how Parisians are fleeing on mass to rural areas and villages to get out of the upcoming lockdown. But the villagers arent happy. Political divide and also fear of the coronavirus coming in to their communities. Plus how they see stores running low in cities and how the stores in their area might run low as well. I could see some animosity in the USA if this would happen. People have a different mindset in the city vs the rural populace.

Last edited:
Reactions: PromisedLand

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
This is the kind of shit that worries me. Take a look at the article below. How many people have been infected... or are passing that along without even knowing?

No matter what this is obviously going to spread, but some people are being selfish.

I get some people want to go out, or don't think it's a big deal... but you infect others... which infects others... and on and on... obviously its the whole point of isolation... which still isnt being followed by some.

The article is a classic example of that... Recovering COVID-19 patient describes what it was like to have the virus

Think about how itll overwhelm the healthcare system, as well as the sick or elderly who can't fight this virus as well as some others. I think that's especially what being responsible, and keeping your distance is about.

Again keep a sense of humor, be kind... but don't be an asshole, and not give a shit. I think it's a reasonable request.

I get its important about the economy too... but without health you have nothing... and you certainly can't make more money if you're sick... or.... worse... so anyway just my two cents.... stay safe everyone. This will pass....... eventually.
Like.
Great attitude.

Reactions: Burnie97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad