OT: COVID-19- March 17 2020 - No politics! Read post #1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I think I messed up my phone screen. Was using those alcochol wipes and even drained the cloth and my phone has now been mistyping every 20 to 30 letters unless I type slowly. Went to reddit to research this and there has been some mixed messages. A lot of people say it depends on phone model. Newer phones are better suited to be cleaned with a tiny bit of water and microfiber cloth. Most redditors admit they dont clean their phones and just wipe it with a dry substance. But that wont kill germs.
What phone do you have? I've been wiping mine (Samsung Galaxy S10+) whenever I get home and haven't had issues, but I do have the manufacturer-installed screen protector on. Do you have one or is it just the glass?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I'm not gonna pretend to understand genome science. But if it is man-made, there's naturally motivation to keep that covered up. Kinda a big deal.

It's far from impossible. Basically, if Snopes tells me somethings not true...i wanna dig further :p So much disinformation out there.

STRONG EVIDENCE does not equal PROOF.

The lab in India that did one of the initial studies on the virus found it had 4 HIV insertions. Dr Francis Boyle insists it is a modified virus. The Indian lab retracted the paper under pressure but they stand by their work to this day and you can read it for yourself.

It's not the best site in the world, but they do have a lot of links to interesting things including studies and tweets which are sure to raise eyebrows. For that it's worth it.

Chinese Biowarfare Agents At Harvard University Caught Smuggling Viruses | GreatGameIndia
CENSORED: Were Coronavirus Samples Destroyed By China?
Dr. Francis Boyle Creator Of BioWeapons Act Says Coronavirus Is Biological Warfare Weapon | GreatGameIndia

Last edited:

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013

The lab in India that did one of the initial studies on the virus found it had 4 HIV insertions. Dr Francis Boyle insists it is a modified virus. The Indian lab retracted the paper under pressure but they stand by their work to this day and you can read it for yourself.

It's not the best site in the world, but they do have a lot of links to interesting things including studies and tweets which are sure to raise eyebrows. For that it's worth it.

Chinese Biowarfare Agents At Harvard University Caught Smuggling Viruses | GreatGameIndia
https://greatgameindia.com/dr-franc...iological-warfare-weapon/ronavirus-bioweapon/
agreed.

Hence why i dug into the article. Lots of maybes and could bes. So then I ask why spit this narrative? Highly regarded research lab Scripps. And dig further.....Gates is one of its biggest donors. Hahahaha. Outside of the federal funding who of course would want to keep a lid on it being man made should it be..

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Dr. Francis Boyle Creator Of BioWeapons Act Says Coronavirus Is Biological Warfare Weapon | GreatGameIndia
I skimmed through these links. Where is the science? All I see is speculation in those.

Dr. Francis Boyle has a Masters of Art and PhD in Political Science... I'm sure hes an expert in microbiology.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
agreed.

Hence why i dug into the article. Lots of maybes and could bes. So then I ask why spit this narrative? Highly regarded research lab Scripps. And dig further.....Gates is one of its biggest donors. Hahahaha. Outside of the government which of course would want to keep a lid on such details.

It's like the fog of war. Everyone is peddling something different and the people are left confused if they do any research. Those that do not research at all just trust that the local media has got it right. Unfortunately people make mistakes and people arrange the media and so it's perfectly sensible for the reader to do their due diligence. If people condemn you for researching, or push the narrative they have settled on without giving proof in the form of facts, well... You know what that is.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Boyle has 3 degrees from Harvard. Drafted legislation for Bio Warfare and Chemical warfare in USA 1989 or so, under Bush.

Uncanny similarity of unique inserts in the 2019-nCoV spike protein to HIV-1 gp120 and Gag
You say they redacted it due to pressure but here it says:
This paper has been withdrawn by its authors. They intend to revise it in response to comments received from the research community on their technical approach and their interpretation of the results.

Which is basically saying, other experts in the field reviewed their work and said there were a lot of issues with what they did.

Also, no where in that paper do they state that it is "man made". The closest you get to that is "unconventional evolution" which could mean literally anything. There are still a lot of things in the natural world that we do not yet understand.
Taken together, our findings suggest unconventional evolution of 2019-nCoV that warrants further investigation. Our work highlights novel evolutionary aspects of the 2019-nCoV and has implications on the pathogenesis and diagnosis of this virus

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
You say they redacted it due to pressure but here it says:

Which is basically saying, other experts in the field reviewed their work and said there were a lot of issues with what they did.

It's a very diplomatic withdraw, not saying that it is in err. I have a video of another Virologist who compares this study to one out of Cornell as well. "We Found the Coronavirus Vulnerability: Learn How to Exploit It"

Watch 25mins on or the whole thing. It's interesting either way.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
What phone do you have? I've been wiping mine (Samsung Galaxy S10+) whenever I get home and haven't had issues, but I do have the manufacturer-installed screen protector on. Do you have one or is it just the glass?

Its a Samsung A50. I took the manufacturer screen protector off a few months ago. There was also a February security patch 3 days ago before the time I cleaned the phone. But I had no issues till after I cleaned it.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
So now that we are into the lock down for almost a week time to do some hindsight analysis.

Did we wait too long to strongly consider banning international travelers from entering Canada and not enforcing lockdowns a bit sooner with mandatory self isolation?

Given the community/contract spread has seen rise; it could have been avoided if we had acted initially with strong enforcement.

Result of being too loose with COVID-19 initially is now not only a risk of community wide spread but also significant public debt, economic impacts and social hardship (lack of jobs, stress, mental health, etc....)

I personally think the authorities DID NOT do a good job. They were NOT pro-active at all.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
So now that we are into the lock down for almost a week time to do some hindsight analysis.

Did we wait too long to strongly consider banning international travelers from entering Canada and not enforcing lockdowns a bit sooner with mandatory self isolation?

Given the community/contract spread has seen rise; it could have been avoided if we had acted initially with strong enforcement.

Result of being too loose with COVID-19 initially is now not only a risk of community wide spread but also significant public debt, economic impacts and social hardship (lack of jobs, stress, mental health, etc....)

I personally think the authorities DID NOT do a good job. They were NOT pro-active at all.

We're still bringing international travelers back.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013

Even if you go complete lockdown for a month, it won't matter until the US gets their crap together.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
From the actual paper:

I'm more inclined to believe the thoughts of a microbiologist than some people posting on the internet that don't even have a science degree.

If what that article is claiming is "true" about natural selection evolution in either animals or humans or both then what changes happened that has led to "evolutionary change" in humans/animals recently?

• Radiowaves? (cell phone towers?l; WIFI internet?)
  • GMO food?
  • Global Warming? Exposure to more radiation?
  • Over the counter drugs like -> Advil, Aspirin, Tylenol etc... (slowly changing genetic structure of humans?)
  • Some other factors????
The quote you posted from the paper is propounding that potential reasons could be natural selection/evolution; that claim cannot be treated as "fact"

I am not saying that this is a man-made virus; but the evolutionary changes have changed the virus or the impact in humans is still just a theory not a fact. Science doesn't work that way. It is not a "fact" unless and until proven without a shadow of a doubt and cannot be disproven by any experiment.

Example: When Eisntein propounded that Gravity bends light; it was a theory until it was tested. Many experiments were done to disprove that theory and they were not successful. Even today these experiments are done and results always come out vindicating the theory. So now that is a "fact".

Basically, both the claims that this is "man-made" or this is because of "natural selection/evolution" are guesswork; it is not a fact!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
We're still bringing international travelers back.

IMO; anybody that has been diagnosed with COVID-19 needs to be monitored by the authorities until they do not exhibit symptoms. This includes, international travelers who are coming into the country.

If the authorities do not enforce this then there is no guarantee that these people will not spread the virus in the community; especially the ones who only have mild symptoms and do not give a flying F about others.

Reactions: leburn98

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Was watching on youtube RT how Parisians are fleeing on mass to rural areas and villages to get out of the upcoming lockdown. But the villagers arent happy. Political divide and also fear of the coronavirus coming in to their communities. Plus how they see stores running low in cities and how the stores in their area might run low as well. I could see some animosity in the USA if this would happen. People have a different mindset in the city vs the rural populace.

Really amazes me how STUPID people in Paris are; I mean are you f***ing serious? If this spreads in these small towns/villages France is doomed even more.

I hope to god all the a-holes who moves from Paris to small towns/villages did not bring the virus with them :crossfing

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I don't believe that.
Well, I think the source of that was based on a model. This same model showed different graphs based on best case, worst case or middle (in between) case. I think they were using the middle case. I'm not trying to endorse anything - just providing a more detailed explanation to the info that was presented.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Boyle has 3 degrees from Harvard. Drafted legislation for Bio Warfare and Chemical warfare in USA 1989 or so, under Bush.

Uncanny similarity of unique inserts in the 2019-nCoV spike protein to HIV-1 gp120 and Gag
For the last few weeks you keep trotting out papers by "Doctors" who are so called experts. You know there is a BIG difference between a PHD in Law and one in Sciences like Biology or Immunology. Let alone if they are a Doctor of Medicine. On this board its like comparing a coach of a Pee Wee rep team to an NHL coach. Both are "coaches" but only one has the credibility to say what its like to coach NHL players.

Reactions: Peasy

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Really amazes me how STUPID people in Paris are; I mean are you f***ing serious? If this spreads in these small towns/villages France is doomed even more.

I hope to god all the a-holes who moves from Paris to small towns/villages did not bring the virus with them :crossfing

More and more this looks like the virus is being used as an opportunity to controlled demolish the existing economic system. I am just waiting now for the NEW DEAL to miraculously be ready ie. No cash money, digital currency. We may even get debt forgiveness to an extent, who knows.

Regardless if it is an edited virus or not, the responses seem like ridiculous overreactions unless there is information about the disease that is being withheld. We can't isolate sick and ELDERLY? We need to destroy the entire country?! Western Civilization?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
For the last few weeks you keep trotting out papers by "Doctors" who are so called experts. You know there is a BIG difference between a PHD in Philosophy and one in Sciences like Biology or Immunology. Let alone if they are a Doctor of Medicine. On this board its like comparing a coach of a Pee Wee rep team to an NHL coach. Both are "coaches" but only one has the credibility to say what its like to coach NHL players.

I also linked the video to the virologist that interprets the studies of the lab in India and Cornell University. You keep saying the same thing over and over again it's like you are trolling. I posted the links if you are unable to watch the video that is not my issue.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I also linked the video to the virologist that interprets the studies of the lab in India and Cornell University. You keep saying the same thing over and over again it's like you are trolling. I posted the links if you are unable to watch the video that is not my issue.
I am not trolling. I just wish you would stop pushing forward your conspiracy agenda; especially when its coming from dubious sources.

Reactions: willmma
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad