OT: COVID-19- March 17 2020 - No politics! Read post #1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
For the last few weeks you keep trotting out papers by "Doctors" who are so called experts. You know there is a BIG difference between a PHD in Law and one in Sciences like Biology or Immunology. Let alone if they are a Doctor of Medicine. On this board its like comparing a coach of a Pee Wee rep team to an NHL coach. Both are "coaches" but only one has the credibility to say what its like to coach NHL players.
Exactly. Boyle doesn't have a single degree in a scientific field. He is a lawyer. Of course he is going to help with legislations, that's what lawyers do.

Not to mention he has books about biowarfare. He probably sees this as a great opportunity to make some money.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I am not trolling. I just wish you would stop pushing forward your conspiracy agenda; especially when its coming from dubious sources.

People far more qualified than you are not dubious sources. People you can read up on Google Scholar are not Dubious sources. The only Dubious source would be you in comparison, I mean come on lets be realistic here. Who are you? Put your credentials, I'll listen to anyone. I am not saying anything is concrete out there, there is a lot of crap flying around.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
More and more this looks like the virus is being used as an opportunity to controlled demolish the existing economic system. I am just waiting now for the NEW DEAL to miraculously be ready ie. No cash money, digital currency. We may even get debt forgiveness to an extent, who knows.

Regardless if it is an edited virus or not, the responses seem like ridiculous overreactions unless there is information about the disease that is being withheld. We can't isolate sick and ELDERLY? We need to destroy the entire country?! Western Civilization?

Democracy works well when we all an equal vote to choose who would make decisions on behalf of the people so that people in that area benefit.

Democracy will only work well in a time like this where like a "vote" people voice their opinion in the community that we will SAVE the community, the city, the province, the country together.

If people in the community are going to behave selfishly (I am in it for my own good F everyone else); then we are kind of doomed.

Personally, once this is settled there has to be independent studies from each country on the virus and then comparison of the results; if 80 to 90 percent of the studies point finger at China; then there has to be some kind of sanctions on China. First SARS and now COVID-19; what's next? wiping out half the population on earth? Some stronger rules have to be enforced.

Reactions: thewave

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

I'm not into conspiracies but the other stuff he says about the numbers, virus effects and the policies to deal with it are pretty interesting.
It's a long watch but what else do you have to do?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Exactly. Boyle doesn't have a single degree in a scientific field. He is a lawyer. Of course he is going to help with legislations, that's what lawyers do.

Not to mention he has books about biowarfare. He probably sees this as a great opportunity to make some money.

Yet you have no comments about the video featuring Dr Ruggiero. Ah, yes his HIV and AIDS research for 4 decades is not applicable. Interesting, your motives are suspicious. Are you working for or affiliated with the Canadian Government or any foreign Government or health agency?

It appears you are attempting to steer discussion and are not addressing the video I posted. So now, demonizing the messenger or person who links to Scholars is the norm? Peculiar

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Well, I think the source of that was based on a model. This same model showed different graphs based on best case, worst case or middle (in between) case. I think they were using the middle case. I'm not trying to endorse anything - just providing a more detailed explanation to the info that was presented.

I hope for the best, but don't expect it.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

I'm not into conspiracies but the other stuff he says about the numbers, virus effects and the policies to deal with it are pretty interesting.

Isn't that the guy that said the Queen was a Lizard or something? lol.. I am going to listen to while I'm getting some other stuff done for kicks, why not. It better not say Nessy is behind it or something.

Reactions: JustAShadow

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I skimmed through these links. Where is the science? All I see is speculation in those.

Dr. Francis Boyle has a Masters of Art and PhD in Political Science... I'm sure hes an expert in microbiology.

You say they redacted it due to pressure but here it says:

Which is basically saying, other experts in the field reviewed their work and said there were a lot of issues with what they did.

Also, no where in that paper do they state that it is "man made". The closest you get to that is "unconventional evolution" which could mean literally anything. There are still a lot of things in the natural world that we do not yet understand.

For the last few weeks you keep trotting out papers by "Doctors" who are so called experts. You know there is a BIG difference between a PHD in Law and one in Sciences like Biology or Immunology. Let alone if they are a Doctor of Medicine. On this board its like comparing a coach of a Pee Wee rep team to an NHL coach. Both are "coaches" but only one has the credibility to say what its like to coach NHL players.

Unfortunately, this thread has become a debate between science versus conspiracy. And then, of course, some folks are going to insert their politics into the debate. Its coming from the same few actors, often reflecting the same politics - no interest in going any deeper than this on that subject (debate).

Best strategy seems to avoid (thread/site) this altogether ....... unfortunately.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Isn't that the guy that said the Queen was a Lizard or something? lol.. I am going to listen to while I'm getting some other stuff done for kicks, why not. It better not say Nessy is behind it or something.
Haha he might have. I don't know him, but no references to nessy hahaha

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

This guy's entire life work has been pushing the narrative that the shape shifting "lizard people" are out there to contorl the world

Reactions: ImpartialNHLfan

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Will all the Canadian who travel to foreign countries please acknowledge there is always risk when you move over the border?

If you're there doing business for Canada / Canadians I do have some sympathy.

When you're there for pleasure, or to avoid Canada's harsh climate well then the onus is on you to be safe, not Canada.

Going to another country while you're pregnant is a huge personal risk. To you and your baby, not to me.

Reactions: PromisedLand

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
This guy's entire life work has been pushing the narrative that the "lizard people" are out there to contorl the world
Like I said, his numbers and perspective on the virus are interesting.
No lizard people are mentioned and I'm not about his conspiracy thoughts, but the other stuff give a different perspective that the panic that has gripped the world.
Stuff like 90+% of people that get corona will have little to no symptoms.
Whereas there is mass hysteria from people sure they will die if they get it

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Unfortunately, this thread has become a debate between science versus conspiracy. And then, of course, some folks are going to insert their politics into the debate. Its coming from the same few actors, often reflecting the same politics - no interest in going any deeper than this on that subject (debate).

Best strategy seems to avoid (thread/site) this altogether ....... unfortunately.

That's not how this works. When one body of scientists is put against another body of scientists it simply means the science is not settled, there is no consensus. There are competing theories and that is all. The average person here is reading to get as much information as possible from any reputable source they can. They will then weigh the arguments form opinions. For instance I was the first person to post about the use of Chloroquine in test trials and it was mocked here as well but it was just a French study.

It's information sharing, use your own discernment.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
That's not how this works. When one body of scientists is put against another body of scientists it simply means the science is not settled, there is no consensus. There are competing theories and that is all. I have no seen anyone here posting links to other professionals opinions, that's what discussion and information is about. The average person here is reading to get as much information as possible from any reputable source they can. They will then weigh the arguments form opinions. For instance I was the first person to post about the use of Chloroquine in test trials and it was mocked here as well but it was just a French study.

It's information sharing, use your own discernment.
I will have no comments. Not going to get into it.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
So now that we are into the lock down for almost a week time to do some hindsight analysis.

Did we wait too long to strongly consider banning international travelers from entering Canada and not enforcing lockdowns a bit sooner with mandatory self isolation?

Given the community/contract spread has seen rise; it could have been avoided if we had acted initially with strong enforcement.

Result of being too loose with COVID-19 initially is now not only a risk of community wide spread but also significant public debt, economic impacts and social hardship (lack of jobs, stress, mental health, etc....)

I personally think the authorities DID NOT do a good job. They were NOT pro-active at all.
completely agree, tough times call for tough measures, people cannot be counted on to do what's right, I'm thinking of kids lining up for (of all things) video games, and that idiotic Quebec woman who had to be arrested for not staying in quarantine. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link...............

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Yet you have no comments about the video featuring Dr Ruggiero. Ah, yes his HIV and AIDS research for 4 decades is not applicable. Interesting, your motives are suspicious. Are you working for or affiliated with the Canadian Government or any foreign Government or health agency?

It appears you are attempting to steer discussion and are not addressing the video I posted. So now, demonizing the messenger or person who links to Scholars is the norm? Peculiar

When Dr. Frank Plummer died mysteriously in Kenya and media did not run with the story and still hasn't had the balls to talk about it - I have a feeling something fishy is on-going.

The cause of death is still not "officially" known for the guy that ran Canada's level4 lab in Manitoba to me is disturbing and scary.

And you had this story break in Oct 2019
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mani...y-lab-scientist-investigation-china-1.5307424

And apparently the first case in China "detection" is dated to be in around Dec 2019; given the 14 day period currently being the one where the symptoms manifest; one would assume the patient zero would have been impacted around middle of november to late november.

Some news articles have speculated that the first case in China was actually in November not in december; the first death was in december.

Conspiracy theory or not; there are way too many co-incidences that have happened recently; and quite frankly I am kind of DISGUSTED because we are in the middle of it (i.e. the level 4 lab in Manitoba).

Reactions: thewave

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

This website seems to attract a lot of whack jobs and very right wing (more than your regular conservatives) individuals. Kind of off putting honestly

Reactions: willmma

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Anyone have the latest count of tests done in Ontario.

Last number I read was 23k tests done in Ontario and 20k tests done in Alberta.

Does that look a little bit questionable?

I wish I had more info on that for us. Trump said this morning they have completed 193 000 tests, so we were slightly ahead of the percentage wise.

I don't even want to guess. Below 100 000 for sure

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Anyone have the latest count of tests done in Ontario.

Last number I read was 23k tests done in Ontario and 20k tests done in Alberta.

Does that look a little bit questionable?

One of the ongoing online jokes is that nobody knows anybody who has it. They know people who had a cold or whatever but it wasn't terribly bad. Then you have this very small population that is at risk apparently and for that, we can't isolate just them for some reason. We have to dismantle our whole civilization because 80+ year olds on ventilators are on risk? So is this going to be a yearly thing because it goes in waves, do we just destroy Western Civilization altogether?

I may not be the smartest guy in the world, but this seems kinda crazy! When they say 15% could die, OKAY, that's huge but now the numbers are normalizing and the response seems extreme.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
completely agree, tough times call for tough measures, people cannot be counted on to do what's right, I'm thinking of kids lining up for (of all things) video games, and that idiotic Quebec woman who had to be arrested for not staying in quarantine. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link...............

Precisely!

The choice is:

A) Arrest these a-holes and put them in house arrest; enforce the law to save Canadians

OR

B) Assume that the goodwill of the people will stop the community wide spread; i.e. policy based hoping people will behave accordingly and risk community wide spread

I know I choose A. But in a democracy I wonder how many people would choose B?

Reactions: rumman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad