OT: COVID-19- March 17 2020 - No politics! Read post #1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Great link. I especially like The Wave...

file-20200318-37387-w3xyms.jpg
this explains Italy. You have to kiss everyone :p

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
On the bright side, after this is done there may be a fork in the road. If the economy does tank completely and the people demand major changes we could possibly take over all the banks again. The transition period is where the masses could actually do something about the backwards policies of the bankers and the flawed policies of the politicians that were spun by the many special interest groups over the years.

I doubt that kind of change will happen though, Your Gates and Buffets will likely exit this whole debacle even more wealthy, sad truth, but they would be vulnerable during transition period, think Yellow Vests in France at the right time over multiple nations aware.

Why the hell do you want to own the banks? I wouldn't want my national government anywhere near that, I have less faith in politicians than bankers and I hate bankers

Why the hell do I care about Buffet or Gates? If someone supplies me with much needed goods to my front door and makes my life better and they get rich I'm cool with it, they are making my life better after all

It does make some sense when you think about it

When they come out of this they will have developed immunity throughout the population while still having a functioning economy

Reactions: saltming

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I think we will flatten the curve with the current quarantine measures but that can't last forever, once people start moving again I think we will get another spike

I'm starting to think we'd have been better off quarantining the "at risk" and everybody else going about there lives as is and developing some herd immunity, at least we'd still have a functioning economy afterwards

I can only say this. I am thankful as hell I am not in charge trying to make these seemingly impossible decisions.

For every action taken, there are consequences that are horrible. You would be second guessed at every turn and it seems lkke there are no right answers.

Only when it ends will we be able to look back to study what the greatest measure was.

I can promise that for the vast majority of leaders, the last thing they want to do is tank the economy.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Or the local politician tells people to go out and hug your local Asian to fight racism, what a legendary call that was :laugh:
I forgot about that! Eeesh.

When you're so woke you think a virus cares about skin color.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
My 8 year old's school started interactive virtual lessons last week with his teachers that are working from home. He is getting assignments and home work.

We've also set up virtual play dates with his closest friends on Skype to try and maintain a semblance of normalcy.

Thank goodness for technology.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Getting threatened by the Liberals through the Health Minister. Classy Justin.
don't get me wrong, I'm the furthest thing from a Trudeau supporter, but if society can't police themselves...................

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Why the hell do you want to own the banks? I wouldn't want my national government anywhere near that, I have less faith in politicians than bankers and I hate bankers

Why the hell do I care about Buffet or Gates? If someone supplies me with much needed goods to my front door and makes my life better and they get rich I'm cool with it, they are making my life better after all

It does make some sense when you think about it

When they come out of this they will have developed immunity throughout the population while still having a functioning economy
They also have only 266 cases and zero deaths.

Reactions: Kiwi

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
don't get me wrong, I'm the furthest thing from a Trudeau supporter, but if society can't police themselves...................
Then Justin should make that threat. Not do it passive-aggressively through the health minister.

Pathetic.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
Yep, agreed. If people want to act like children and ignore the advice, then they must be treated like children.

Reactions: rumman

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
On the bright side, after this is done there may be a fork in the road. If the economy does tank completely and the people demand major changes we could possibly take over all the banks again. The transition period is where the masses could actually do something about the backwards policies of the bankers and the flawed policies of the politicians that were spun by the many special interest groups over the years.

I doubt that kind of change will happen though, Your Gates and Buffets will likely exit this whole debacle even more wealthy, sad truth, but they would be vulnerable during transition period, think Yellow Vests in France at the right time over multiple nations aware.
Can you explain this? Who should own the banks and what policies should change?

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Yep, agreed. If people want to act like children and ignore the advice, then they must be treated like children.
double-edged sword. I'm trying to do my part. But I will not stand for having my civil liberties threatened. You really want the people to pop off...that's a good start.

Reactions: kb

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I can only say this. I am thankful as hell I am not in charge trying to make these seemingly impossible decisions.

For every action taken, there are consequences that are horrible. You would be second guessed at every turn and it seems lkke there are no right answers.

Only when it ends will we be able to look back to study what the greatest measure was.

I can promise that for the vast majority of leaders, the last thing they want to do is tank the economy.

I think a lot of national governments had measures forced on them before they could do a sensible cost benefit analysis because of the amount of panic that hit the general population

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Can you explain this? Who should own the banks and what policies should change?

The people, just like the people should own the energy resources of any given country. The people are obviously represented by the Government. Ideally a Government not influenced by special interest groups. Just look to the US, that's the prime example of how not to run a country. Privately owned Fed, Millionaires or Billionaires run operations, Lobbied by Corporations daily, Legalized insider trading for Congress. Capitalism works, when it's applied fairly and not riddled with loopholes lobbied for by the special interest groups.

“If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.” -Thomas Jefferson

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
double-edged sword. I'm trying to do my part. But I will not stand for having my civil liberties threatened. You really want the people to pop off...that's a good start.
if this thing explodes civil liberties won't matter......as far as I am aware dead people have little to no rights...........

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
if this thing explodes civil liberties won't matter......as far as I am aware dead people have little to no rights...........

They matter to the living though and the last thing I want when we come out of this (humanity always does) is to become a slave to the state afterwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad