OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Wife and I started the new season of Great British Bake-Off yesterday. Seems like a tougher field than most seasons, no real weak links. But we’re really looking forward to Mexican Week because I’ve heard horrible things that shouldn’t be seen.
I'll tell you what I assumed someone would have told them how to pronounce pico de gallo but I guess I was giving them too much credit.
I saw a headline about there being controversy about Mexican week, but I skipped reading it because I didn't care enough. But now I'm curious. What, did the hosts dress up like Pancho Villa and have the contestants make tortillas or something?
You aren't far off. It was handled with about as much tact as you would expect a bunch of British people to talk about Mexico for.

To their credit, many of the contestants seemed to have done their homework. But the hosts kept complaining about bold flavors, making borderline jokes, and someone peeled an avocado in the worst way you could possibly peel an avocado.

DevRickus

Damon Severson Fan Club President
Apr 10, 2007
Boonton, NJ
I've never related to something more lol

Attachments

• 40cf25fd-2272-40a5-a0b2-63ed94c4cfcb.jpg
    40cf25fd-2272-40a5-a0b2-63ed94c4cfcb.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 3

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Rhaenyra, Rhaenys, Rhaena

Rhaena, Baela, Laena, Helaena

Laena, Laenor

Daemon, Aemond, Vaemond

Jaehaera, Jaehaerys, Jaehaerys

Aegon, Aegon, Aegon

Viserys, Viserys

George loves to confuse peop;e

Having confusing names is apparently important to success.

So I have a short story starring Joseph, Josef, Gohsuf, and Joesph.

—————

The worst may be the identical twins Erryck and Arryck.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Having confusing names is apparently important to success.

So I have a short story starring Joseph, Josef, Gohsuf, and Joesph.

—————

The worst may be the identical twins Erryck and Arryck.

lol I forgot about those 2. At least they'll end up being easily identifiable

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I thought the same thing about Hocus Pocus 2.

My wife makes us watch the original Hocus Pocus every year around this time, which I'm ok with because it's campy and fun.

We watched this cash grab sequel the other night and she didn't care for it. Thank God for that.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
My wife makes us watch the original Hocus Pocus every year around this time, which I'm ok with because it's campy and fun.

We watched this cash grab sequel the other night and she didn't care for it. Thank God for that.
It was ok but didn't have the cleverness of the original. I used to make my kids watch the Time Warp on halloween but even that five minute segment made them roll their eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad