OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I am re-watching Game of Thrones and go to Season 3 episode 9 (Red Wedding) and that season finale. This show is a masterpiece. I don't care what people think of the final season. It doesn't change the fact that for many years this was the best thing possibly ever on television.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I am re-watching Game of Thrones and go to Season 3 episode 9 (Red Wedding) and that season finale. This show is a masterpiece. I don't care what people think of the final season. It doesn't change the fact that for many years this was the best thing possibly ever on television.
The Red Wedding is quite possibly the greatest single episode in television history. It practically could've been a stand-alone film.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
It doesnt matter how much I liked a show/mvoie during its run, seeing a horrible pay off and a horrible ending sours the overall show for me and I cant even enjoy watching it again

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Which one is that?
8th episode, 5th season.

Jon and Tormund go to Hardhome. Jon offers to let the wildlings settle south of the Wall if they help the Night's Watch against the White Walkers. As they prepare to set sail the town comes under attack from wights. After a huge battle Jon and his remaining allies are forced to flee. As they escape, Jon turns back in horror and awe as the Night King revives the dead as wights.

FascinationStreet

Dec 6, 2021
The Red Wedding is quite possibly the greatest single episode in television history. It practically could've been a stand-alone film.

Frank Constanza has something to say about this.

It doesnt matter how much I liked a show/mvoie during its run, seeing a horrible pay off and a horrible ending sours the overall show for me and I cant even enjoy watching it again

Even after watching house of dragon I still have a sour taste in my mouth. They may have made a great episode of television while being spoon fed what was essentially good writing (I guess?) Their absolutely epic failure to produce even a passable storyline after they ran out of material was maybe the most public and disappointing display of writing incompetence in the history of television. The way the final seasons played out could have been written better by literally anyone.
P.S. F them for leaving out stoneheart.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
8th episode, 5th season.

Jon and Tormund go to Hardhome. Jon offers to let the wildlings settle south of the Wall if they help the Night's Watch against the White Walkers. As they prepare to set sail the town comes under attack from wights. After a huge battle Jon and his remaining allies are forced to flee. As they escape, Jon turns back in horror and awe as the Night King revives the dead as wights.
tenor (2).gif

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Hardhome is a top 5 episode.

I get people's frustrations with how it ended... but it for me doesn't take away how brilliant it was up until the last season... and re-watching is going to take me several weeks and I'm enjoying the hell out of that too. It provides more than enough entertainment even if the end sucks.

Same as How I Met Your Mother. Last season was balls and the ending was an insult but it's still one of my favorite shows. The only show that ended perfectly was Scrubs... but then you still have to try to forget the "Med School" season existed.

Reactions: Rhodes 81

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
As a Star Wars fan I have plenty of experience in blocking out disappointing parts of a franchise I love, so the ending to GOT doesn't take away from the brilliance that was the first 4-5 seasons for me.

The last few seasons were just a bad look for both Martin and D&D. Martin for not getting his damn books written and D&D for not bringing in help or handing it over to somebody that wasn't as burned out as they seemed to be.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Finally have all the tickets in order and within the next ~4 weeks I have Idles at Kings Theater, Willie in Central Park, and NOFX at the Pony.

Just about the only good thing to come from the pandemic is every artist chomping at the bit to get on the road.

Anyone else have something lined up I should consider?

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Finally have all the tickets in order and within the next ~4 weeks I have Idles at Kings Theater, Willie in Central Park, and NOFX at the Pony.

Just about the only good thing to come from the pandemic is every artist chomping at the bit to get on the road.

Anyone else have something lined up I should consider?
My wife is anticipating a Muse tour with their new album out, so I'm going to get a couple of tickets for wherever they're playing in or around NYC.

Edit: They're playing at the Beacon Theater in mid-October and not a chance in hell I'm paying that much to see them there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Be Quick

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Lord of the Rings was racist? I didn't see any minority groups represented at all so in that sense, I'd agree. But I don't see any stereotypes since there were no groups to stereotype that were part of the cast unless you consider short people a minority group?
Lord of the Rings is racist to the same types of people who are upset that Gustavo Fring might be cast as the new professor X.

One coin, two sides.

None of them get it unfortunately.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
My wife is anticipating a Muse tour with their new album out, so I'm going to get a couple of tickets for wherever they're playing in or around NYC.

Edit: They're playing at the Beacon Theater in mid-October and not a chance in hell I'm paying that much to see them there.
Woof. Beacon's never cheap but given that's their only NYC show those prices will probably cost you a vacation.

I can't imagine they won't add more shows. Don't they all do that now?

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey

I get people's frustrations with how it ended... but it for me doesn't take away how brilliant it was up until the last season... and re-watching is going to take me several weeks and I'm enjoying the hell out of that too. It provides more than enough entertainment even if the end sucks.

Same as How I Met Your Mother. Last season was balls and the ending was an insult but it's still one of my favorite shows. The only show that ended perfectly was Scrubs... but then you still have to try to forget the "Med School" season existed.
I know it's getting old, but one of the best end of series episode for me was Newhart.

In November 2005, the series finale was named by TV Guide and TV Land as the most unexpected moment in TV history

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

Mad Men is the goat ending.

This is not my opinion, just a statement of fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad