OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I haven’t watched the finale yet but I agree especially about this season. Easily my least liked season to this point and rushed is an understatement. This is the type of show where you have to allow crazy things to happen but man are the writers leaving lots of plot holes that distract me. For the last few seasons I was really enjoying the flashbacks and thought they were done so well that they could make a whole show out of them. Damn, you really learn to hate Smurf if you didn’t already.
This show fell off a cliff for me. It was really good until Smurf got clipped. These season has been awful. The finale left so much open and it almost felt like the writers had more to do but TNT was like no, wrap it up.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
This show fell off a cliff for me. It was really good until Smurf got clipped. These season has been awful. The finale left so much open and it almost felt like the writers had more to do but TNT was like no, wrap it up.
Darn, I will try to watch it later today. The actress for Smurf definitely helped carry the show and the remaining family members shouldn’t lead a show.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Darn, I will try to watch it later today. The actress for Smurf definitely helped carry the show and the remaining family members shouldn’t lead a show.
Agree with you on that, I think J might be able to but the rest almost certainly couldn't. The finale was good but just left a lot of stuff open. Let me know when you're finished, I'd like to shoot the shit about it.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Wouldn't surprise me. Among the eight billion changes Zaslav has mandated towards WarnerMedia, they've discontinued all new programming on both TNT and TBS. Maybe the writers saw the writing on the wall?

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Back to the conversation about decent punk/post/hard/grunge/whatever that's been doing fine recently as well as over the past decade:

My personal favorite:

2nd, some fine Jersey boys and one of my favorite songs written about our fine state:

Now for a bunch punk regular or post, your call:

I could go on but assume you all get it.

As far as metal is concerned I hear Mastodon is alright and would guess you could find more. That genre just isn't my thing.

However, actual hardcore is dead in so far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Back to the conversation about decent punk/post/hard/grunge/whatever that's been doing fine recently as well as over the past decade:

My personal favorite:

2nd, some fine Jersey boys and one of my favorite songs written about our fine state:

Now for a bunch punk regular or post, your call:

I could go on but assume you all get it.

As far as metal is concerned I hear Mastodon is alright and would guess you could find more. That genre just isn't my thing.

However, actual hardcore is dead in so far as I can tell.

Thanks for sharing that. Some of it struck me as quite good. I'll admit I like my punk with an air of surf music underneath.

Reactions: Jack Be Quick

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016

This is the song I listen to for gamedays on the PATH to Newark before we leave the WTC station. The Monitor is a GOAT album, one of my all-time favorites. I saw them at Bowery with my now-wife in October 2019, it was a hell of a time. Catch them live if you can.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
This is the song I listen to for gamedays on the PATH to Newark before we leave the WTC station. The Monitor is a GOAT album, one of my all-time favorites. I saw them at Bowery with my now-wife in October 2019, it was a hell of a time. Catch them live if you can.
"As I yell like hell for the glory of the Newark bears"

I was at that show, great time.

Is there any chance you have dark hair and were wearing a devil's hat? I was hanging out with a stranger for a bit who was.

Last edited:
Reactions: RangerDoggo

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Seems poignant.

I really liked it this sing except the horns in it ..
I guess I’m weird. I also loved pink but could not get into Ska . Damn horns . Not my cup of tea.

For those that know actually know music , unlike myself , is there a genre or way to categorize bands like Silverchair , Bush . They were far from talented musicians but for whatever I really liked their style of music- guitar riffs and umm they way it sounds ?? ( not even sure how to ask properly ) . Whatever it’s called , I liked that sound. Anyone have any suggestions of any bands similar to those ?
Another band that may be shitty in terms of talent was Toadies . For whatever reason I really like the style of music they played

Last edited:

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I really liked it this sing except the horns in it ..
I guess I’m weird. I also loved pink but could not get into Ska . Damn horns . Not my cup of tea.

For those that know actually know music , unlike myself , is there a genre or way to categorize bands like Silverchair , Bush . They were far from talented musicians but for whatever I really liked their style of music- guitar riffs and umm they way it sounds ?? ( not even sure how to ask properly ) . Whatever it’s called , I liked that sound. Anyone have any suggestions of any bands similar to those ?
Another band that may be shitty in terms of talent was Toadies . For whatever reason I really like the style of music they played

I'd probably refer to them as alternative.

Presidents of the United states of America, dinosaur jr, and Live are all kind of similar imo.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I was the same until an impulse buy of an Apple Watch. I like being able to keep on top of messages and calls without having to take my phone out of my pocket or something during work.
Smart watch is whole different animal. The old school automatic analog is an anachronism that appeals to folks for different reasons. You can tell time with a $10 watch just as easily and the smart watch is obviously much better at every single technical element of the performance of the watch and what it is capable of. I own a number of old school watches but no smart watch. I think a smart watch makes sense but in my old age I'm skeptical I could read the screen.

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
Apple Watch is very useful. I admit that I never saw the use for one until my wife got hers. It's especially good for her because it keeps track of health stuff like blood oxygen level. For someone like me who misplaces his phone constantly, it helps with that too. I'm going to get one at some point, not sure when.
"As I yell like hell for the glory of the Newark bears"

I was at that show, great time.

Is there any chance you have dark hair and were wearing a devil's hat? I was hanging out with a stranger for a bit who was.
No, but I was wearing a Devils jersey.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Catching up in this thread, I don't own a watch, never owned a watch let alone an expensive one and if I was ever given one I'd sell it immediately.
They're more or less just jewelery at this stage, I dig the one I own, and get compliments on it.

A nice looking watch can compliment an outfit quite well.

Many pieces can also appreciate in value significantly. The truly expensive ones are an investment as much as they are a fashion statement.

But I understand the sentiment if they're just not your thing.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Sponsor
They're more or less just jewelery at this stage, I dig the one I own, and get compliments on it.

A nice looking watch can compliment an outfit quite well.

Many pieces can also appreciate in value significantly. The truly expensive ones are an investment as much as they are a fashion statement.

But I understand the sentiment if they're just not your thing.
I’m leery of watches as investments. The dollars you have to spend on that sort of thing are nuts to me. I’m not sure Rolex keeps its current inflated value if the flippers sitting on them since Covid started eventually have to make a few dollars. Watches don’t pay a dividend and they are probably insured which means they cost money just sitting there.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I’m leery of watches as investments. The dollars you have to spend on that sort of thing are nuts to me. I’m not sure Rolex keeps its current inflated value if the flippers sitting on them since Covid started eventually have to make a few dollars. Watches don’t pay a dividend and they are probably insured which means they cost money just sitting there.
Alibaba.

The Chinese are paying stupid prices.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Alibaba.

The Chinese are paying stupid prices.
Presumably at some point that will stop. Something else will replace Rolex or at least equal it and ease the buying. I mean look at cars. Mercedes is still considered a top tier car but now you can get a BMW and show it off equally if that is your thing. I don't think anyone actually views Mercedes as some sort of tier above BMW in that world. Somehow Rolex managed to become Mercedes and Porsche combined which is silly to me but eventually the Chinese market will realize Rolex is a good but not great watch and there are much higher end watches available. Rolex is the watch for non-watch guys. For the price of an aftermarket submariner (about $15k at this point) you can get some watches that are probably better watches like an A. Lange or a Glashutte or a Patek. I'd venture to guess any chronometer certified watch is every bit as good as any Rolex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad