OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
lost lands is def not my type of fest especially now that i'm a geriatric - but these kiddos go hard

I had no idea what this is and have a ketamine drip in the back of my throat just thinking about it.

If I really wanted to go out with a middle aged bang I'd consider electric forest, but that's about it stateside. DEMF and Europe don't count.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

I had no idea what this is and have a ketamine drip in the back of my throat just thinking about it.

If I really wanted to go out with a middle aged bang I'd consider electric forest, but that's about it stateside. DEMF and Europe don't count.

i went to a rave once, it was outdoors (trust me, it wasnt my idea*)....i remember trying to sleep at like 4 am and just screaming over and over at the air for everyone to shut the f*** up already....it was a horrible time, the longer it went on the more annoying it was....just a blur techno crap over and over ad nauseum..... i hate anything to do with that shit to this day because of that weekend

to each their own, but that scene blew...it really ruined my acid trip

much preferred the punk/hardcore scene as you mentioned

*and no, i didnt agree to go becauce of trying to bed a chick...idiot buddies thought it up

Last edited:

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
i went to a rave once, it was outdoors (trust me, it wasnt my idea*)....i remember trying to sleep at like 4 am and just screaming over and over at the air for everyone to shut the f*** up already....it was a horrible time, the longer it went on the more annoying it was....just a blur techno crap over and over ad nauseum..... i hate anything to do with that shit to this day because of that weekend

to each their own, but that scene blew...it really ruined my acid trip

much preferred the punk/hardcore scene as you mentioned

*and no, i didnt agree to go becauce of trying to bed a chick...idiot buddies thought it up
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

A shit acid trip will do that in any scenario, but music blasting at 4am is kind of the point of that scene.

I did the punk thing for a while and it'll always have a special place in my heart, but at the end of the day I'm a techno and house baby.

There's nothing better in this world than a sunrise set or a filthy abandoned warehouse with people just losing their shit.

It takes all kinds

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

A shit acid trip will do that in any scenario, but music blasting at 4am is kind of the point of that scene.

I did the punk thing for a while and it'll always have a special place in my heart, but at the end of the day I'm a techno and house baby.

There's nothing better in this world than a sunrise set or a filthy abandoned warehouse with people just losing their shit.

It takes all kinds

oh i knew that was the point of it...and i was vehemently against the idea but thought.....i'll give it a shot....

a very bad idea .....the trip was fine until 'ok, ive had enough to this shit already'

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
oh i knew that was the point of it...and i was vehemently against the idea but thought.....i'll give it a shot....

a very bad idea .....the trip was fine until 'ok, ive had enough to this shit already'
Not trying to talk you into liking electronic music, but that's kind of how lsd works.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
36BC6DAF-64DF-4AE2-AD4F-6F60A5C64824.png

• Wow
Reactions: Clam Jensen

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space

Forest is well worth the trip no matter what age you're at, I went 3 year in a row from 2012-2015 and loved every second

unrelated:

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Forest is well worth the trip no matter what age you're at, I went 3 year in a row from 2012-2015 and loved every second

unrelated:

Sounds good.

Michigan punches well above its weight when it comes to that scene. Though I guess it should be somewhat expected since it is the birthplace of techno.

I'll probably end up at ef at some stage but since it seems like you're a head I will say that if you haven't been to DEMF (Movement) it should be on your bucket list.

Also unrelated, but apparently we're all doing this:

Last edited:

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Gonna wait until season 1 ends to watch HotD. Fire and Blood was pretty good but I still have a sour taste in my mouth after GoT. I only begrudgingly watched through season 8. Am a bit of a book snob and read the books before watching the show

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Sounds good.

Michigan punches well above its weight when it comes to that scene. Though I guess it should be somewhat expected since it is the birthplace of techno.

I'll probably end up at ef at some stage but since it seems like you're a head I will say that if you haven't been to DEMF (Movement) it should be on your bucket list.

Also unrelated, but apparently we're all doing this:

and this classic album... NOFX - White Trash, Two Heebs and a Bean Album Reviews, Songs & More | AllMusic

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
House of the Dragon

Well they certainly went hard in the paint in regards to violence, rape, and general scumbagerry. True to form so I'll accept it.

It didn't blow me away but was better than I thought it was going to be.

Cautiously optimistic is my sentiment.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
This new Woodstock doc on Netflix is pretty solid.
I had the opportunity to go and am glad I didn't. My friends who did attend left on Saturday night anyway.

I'm looking forward to watching the doc but have heard it's a bit disappointing that some of the major players (RATM, Metallica, RHCP, etc) didn't take part in it.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I had the opportunity to go and am glad I didn't. My friends who did attend left on Saturday night anyway.

I'm looking forward to watching the doc but have heard it's a bit disappointing that some of the major players (RATM, Metallica, RHCP, etc) didn't take part in it.
Most of the bands didn't really take part in it aside from Korn and then Jewel had a little screen time. It wasn't so much about the music for the part though.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Most of the bands didn't really take part in it aside from Korn and then Jewel had a little screen time. It wasn't so much about the music for the part though.
👍

Although I've heard there's not even footage from their sets or Kid Rock's and the blame is pretty much laid at Fred Durst's feet.

I'm certainly no Limp Bizkit fan, but it seems a little disingenuous to gloss over everyone else's involvement. Which has been the running narrative for quite some time.

I mean, they gave Fatboy Slim screentime and I doubt the rave hanger was anywhere near the real problem.

As an aside, what f***ing gen x intern decided that was a reasonable lineup to have without it descending into chaos? There were plenty of other massive acts back then that wouldn't have drawn the raping and pillaging crowd.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
👍

Although I've heard there's not even footage from their sets or Kid Rock's and the blame is pretty much laid at Fred Durst's feet.

I'm certainly no Limp Bizkit fan, but it seems a little disingenuous to gloss over everyone else's involvement. Which has been the running narrative for quite some time.

I mean, they gave Fatboy Slim screentime and I doubt the rave hanger was anywhere near the real problem.

As an aside, what f***ing gen x intern decided that was a reasonable lineup to have without it descending into chaos? There were plenty of other massive acts back then that wouldn't have drawn the raping and pillaging crowd.
There's definitely footage of Kid Rock, RHCP, etc albeit a very small amount. The gist I got from it was there were too many people, not enough security, price gouging, and just poor planning across all aspects of the festival. It looked like an absolute time but also very much a literal dumpster fire.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
One my favorite bands and the best live show I've ever seen was Fishbone in a small club down on LBI back in the mid 90's. These guys were and are just a super talented band that could play just about style of music, any of you younger guys who haven't listened to them should check out their catalog.

It's a shame they never got the recognition and commercial success although they did get to a ton of respect from their peers over all these years but they really deserved a lot more.

Reactions: Oneiro and My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
One my favorite bands and the best live show I've ever seen was Fishbone in a small club down on LBI back in the mid 90's. These guys were and are just a super talented band that could play just about style of music, any of you younger guys who haven't listened to them should check out their catalog.

It's a shame they never got the recognition and commercial success although they did get to a ton of respect from their peers over all these years but they really deserved a lot more.

I’m at the point where I have favorite moments from the shows I’ve seen. Some Peter Gabriel at the Beacon (Digging in the Dirt) some U2 at MSG (opening with Bullet thr Blue Sky). The Police playing Synchronicity 2 on the Synchronicity tour and Elephant Talk from Kjng Crimson with Auden Belew come to mind as does Paul McCatney playing Back in thr USSR. Honorable mention for Warren Zevon playing raspberry beret. Best overall show and it’s not even close was Bruce at the Meadowlands when he played everything you wanted and I was in the third row. I didn’t even like Bruce walking into the show. Really powerful but I’m sure being third row had something to do with it. Man am I old.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

named dropped on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad