OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I'm hearing lots of good things about that new Nathan Fielder HBO show. Apparently he stopped doing Nathan For You because he was convinced he could never top the season 4 finale.
I only watched the first episode but I really enjoyed it. My wife went in expecting to not enjoy it and ended up pretty amazed by the concept.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Right now I'm watching the second season of Righteous Gemstones. Still great. Then The Boys, then probably the new Nathan Fielder show.

My wife is playing Earthbound for the first time and I'm a very proud husband. It's been a regular playthrough for me since I got it way, way back in 1995. Always good to share the joy.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I watched the first episode of The Rehearsal last night with my wife. It's the new Nathan Fielder show. If you thought Nathan For You was too offputting, don't watch this- it has a very unsettling aura.

If you thought it was a brilliant show, though, you'll love it. The effort Nathan puts into the gimmick is unreal.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I watched the first episode of The Rehearsal last night with my wife. It's the new Nathan Fielder show. If you thought Nathan For You was too offputting, don't watch this- it has a very unsettling aura.

If you thought it was a brilliant show, though, you'll love it. The effort Nathan puts into the gimmick is unreal.
The second episode is even weirder.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Best female character of the last decade.

2DC6BA99-B25F-4ABD-BEA1-F01C022DDC6A.jpeg

And total crush. Rhea better get her well deserved Emmy.

Reactions: Billdo

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Best female character of the last decade.

View attachment 573524

And total crush. Rhea better get her well deserved Emmy.
There are 5 women in Thrones alone who give her a run for her money and several who were more dynamic, complex characters, and some better actresses.

Arya, Daenerys, Cersei, Sansa, and probably Brienne.

Want me to get in to Mad Men? Because Joan and Peggy are savages.

Does anyone here watch Mrs. Maisel or Handmaids Tale?

Best female character in the past decade is quite the stretch for Kim Wexler and I'm going to chalk it up to recency bias.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Better Call Saul question….

Whenever they do the black and white episodes or parts, those are all supposed to take place prior to the main storyline, correct?

The Grinder

No Respect
Oct 17, 2008
Jefferson, NJ
Better Call Saul question….

Whenever they do the black and white episodes or parts, those are all supposed to take place prior to the main storyline, correct?

After the main storyline, after Saul had to use the vacuum guy to disappear. Nebraska is where he sets him up with his false identity Gene Takavic.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
After the main storyline, after Saul had to use the vacuum guy to disappear. Nebraska is where he sets him up with his false identity Gene Takavic.
Wow, I really need to go back and watch Breaking Bad. I completely forgot he did that and only began to question it after hearing a certain reference this past episode.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Earlier itt someone was talking about Better Call Saul being a top 3 series in television of all time. I asked for a qualifier in regards to genre but didn't receive one.

Now I'm not saying Seinfeld is better per se, but if you rewatch it it's impressive how well it holds up.
Jerry, it’s Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner’s here. George is dead. Call me back.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Earlier itt someone was talking about Better Call Saul being a top 3 series in television of all time. I asked for a qualifier in regards to genre but didn't receive one.

Now I'm not saying Seinfeld is better per se, but if you rewatch it it's impressive how well it holds up.
Personally I would have a very hard time having any top lists not separated by genres. My top 3 comedy series would have to include Seinfeld and the Office. Not sure of the 3rd but I’m thinking, I’m thinking…

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Personally I would have a very hard time having any top lists not separated by genres. My top 3 comedy series would have to include Seinfeld and the Office. Not sure of the 3rd but I’m thinking, I’m thinking…
IT Crowd, Review, and Party Down jump into my head as in my personal discussion for comedies.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
There are 5 women in Thrones alone who give her a run for her money and several who were more dynamic, complex characters, and some better actresses.

Arya, Daenerys, Cersei, Sansa, and probably Brienne.

Want me to get in to Mad Men? Because Joan and Peggy are savages.

Does anyone here watch Mrs. Maisel or Handmaids Tale?

Best female character in the past decade is quite the stretch for Kim Wexler and I'm going to chalk it up to recency bias.
i'd go Ruth from Ozark.

1659223409021.png

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
You can't go wrong with any of the three winning an Emmy between Ruth, Kim, and Beth. Beth to me would be the third choice but Ruth and Kim is a coin flip. I'd give it to Kim for her entire season but that scene in Ozark where Ruth yells you're going to have to kill me was absolutely flawless.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Finally caught up after binging all of Better Call Saul. Down to the last few episodes now.

I pretty much hate Kim and Jimmy after what happed with Howard, that was the last straw for me. They’re such pieces of shit.

Reactions: NjDevsRR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad