OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
My 2 cents for Stranger Things.

I believe I’m in the minority but season 4 is an indulgent mess of fan service schlock.

The effects look great but the acting and writing both have gone noticeably downhill. Nobody can tell the Duffers “No” so there is no economy of story telling and it seems like they’re making most of it up on the fly in response to the Internet.

The Duffers thought every scene in the finale was epic and shot it that way. They could take a page from the WWE and realize you need some highs and lows in your night; if everything is a high then nothing actually is.

I’ll still check out the last season as I’m interested in how they wrap things up. I think this season was a 2 hour story told over 10 or so hours and that’s mostly a waste.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Anyone on here play Ghost Recon Breakpoint?
No, but a YouTuber I used to subscribe to got piss drunk in their review of it because they hated it so much. I've never been much of a Western AAA gamer, which is good because companies like Ubisoft have fallen off a cliff in terms of the quality of their games.

Sorry, not games, I mean "live services." uggggghhhhh.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Anyone on here play Ghost Recon Breakpoint?
I did back when it first came out. I really liked Ghost Recon Wildlands before it, so I was excited for it, but was rather disappointed by Breakpoint. Both games had a lot of base clearing that got repetitive, but Wildlands was just more fun to me for some reason. It never felt like a chore, whereas with Breakpoint it felt like something I just had to get through. I don't think I ever even finished the main story in Breakpoint. Wildlands I think I've played through like 3 times.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I'm still in a retro game hole right now (another Earthbound playthrough) but I want to get that new Ninja Turtles game. Yeah, it's going for a retro style, so it's not exactly something new, but I love a good beat-'em-up. I managed to beat TMNT II for the NES back in the day.

I'm also going to get Omori. It's one of those Earthbound-style RPGs so that's right up my alley.

Last edited:

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
5099a426579ae21db4e5a0b9596366556df83da1_2_644x998.jpeg

So she's always had a thing for alopecia. We all have our quirks.

Can't wait to see Rock next weekend on his home turf!

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I'm still in a retro game hole right now (another Earthbound playthrough) but I want to get that new Ninja Turtles game. Yeah, it's going for a retro style, so it's not exactly something new, but I love a good beat-'em-up. I managed to beat TMNT II for the NES back in the day.

I'm also going to get Omori. It's one of those Earthbound-style RPGs so that's right up my alley.
It’s just like the classic 4 player arcade game I used to play as a kid. Xbox has it on live for free and my 6 year old is loving it (me too when I have time).

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
Anyone see this 3Ice Hockey on CBS Sports before? It's 3 on 3 with some rule changes and the coaches are legends like Grant Fuhr... Guy Carbonneau... Bryan Trottier.. etc... It's funny seeing old Devils players like Joe Whitney and Bobby Farnham... lol

Marty's son Jeremy is Team Carbonneau's goaltender as well..

It's fast paced and pretty entertaining as there are no faceoffs, all penalties are penalty shots, and it's basically non stop action

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ

They made a new TMNT game?! Damn, I'm about to go spend hours playing that this weekend lol

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
The Old Man on FX is amazing.

WestWorld has rebounded to being good again.

The Offer on Paramount+ was fantastic.

Strange New Worlds is the best Star Trek since Kahn.

For All Mankind is waning to a meh rating after an awesome S1.

Resident Evil series on Netflix is decent for what it is so far.

Better Call Saul last 2 episodes have been epic. I will miss this series so much. Mike never fails to deliver and Kim has become a top 3 character of the franchise imo.

Next up: Under the Banner of Heaven and Black Bird

RNCDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I plan on revisiting Westworld. Thanks for convincing me. If I may, please do check out The Bear on FX, especially if you certain musical tastes.

Reactions: Saugus

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I tried season 4 of westworld, but the first episode was so bad and just so far from the point of west world that I just couldnt do it anymore.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Just curious, is anyone else looking forward to House of the Dragon and The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power?

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
I tried season 4 of westworld, but the first episode was so bad and just so far from the point of west world that I just couldnt do it anymore.
I didn’t even bother with this season, I had to dip out.
Just curious, is anyone else looking forward to House of the Dragon and The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power?

Unfortunately no.

Reactions: Darkauron

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The Wheel series looked SyFy quality from the get go.

The only way I see the GoT series being bad is if fans expect it to be the original series and hold those expectations to to. So far it looks fantastic.

Rings I don’t think we’ve seen enough but the teaser trailer looked promising.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Only thing that gives me hope with House of the Dragon is D&D aren't involved. But having read the source material, nothing really grabbed my attention like the original books did. Although I've never really been a big Targaryen fan to begin with, so it might just not be for me.

LOTR I have zero faith in after Wheel of Time, which felt more like a CW or SyFy channel level production. Although I would imagine they're putting a lot more money and effort into LOTR than WOT, so maybe it'll be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad