OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Still need to finish the last two episodes of Stranger a things but yeah it was really good so far. Waaaaaaay better than last season.

Only issue I had was Vecnas origin story, that was so lame. This little loner, nihilistic douche just develops these insane powers out of nowhere because he hates the word. They could have easily just tied that in with him discovering the first portal to the upside down in that house or something.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Yep, I kept checking the finale to see how much time was left because I didn’t want it to end. Fastest 2H22M of my life lol.
Season 5 should be it for the original cast from what Ive read.

Still need to finish the last two episodes of Stranger a things but yeah it was really good so far. Waaaaaaay better than last season.

Only issue I had was Vecnas origin story, that was so lame. This little loner, nihilistic douche just develops these insane powers out of nowhere because he hates the word. They could have easily just tied that in with him discovering the first portal to the upside down in that house or something.
You should finish the last two

Reactions: Clam Jensen and JK3

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I didn’t think that was the explanation so much as the motivation. Then again I’m old so maybe I dozed off or wet myself while that was playing out.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Season 5 should be it for the original cast from what Ive read.

You should finish the last two
Yea season 5 is it, and I’m glad they’re wrapping it up. I’m sure they’ll do a movie or something a la the last kingdom or breaking bad though.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Yea season 5 is it, and I’m glad they’re wrapping it up. I’m sure they’ll do a movie or something a la the last kingdom or breaking bad though.
Hopefully it's not as bad as El Camino was. Having said that though I absolutely love Better Call Saul. I am rewatching Breaking Bad during the break in Better Call Saul and it makes BB even better seeing where the BCS characters are from.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Hopefully it's not as bad as El Camino was. Having said that though I absolutely love Better Call Saul. I am rewatching Breaking Bad during the break in Better Call Saul and it makes BB even better seeing where the BCS characters are from.
Rewatching BB is good also just to remember how different a few of the characters were from beginning to end.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
BCS is incredible, I can’t wait for the rest of the final season😁

Reactions: Billdo

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Opening shot of the Clerks 3 trailer

130238F9-1B9F-4265-84F2-4CD405C5FEA2.jpeg

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
My list of shows to watch is increasing with the new season of What We Do In the Shadows coming up. Season 3 wasn't as good as the previous two but it was solid.
Didn’t Jemaine Clement take more of a back seat for season 3? I agree it wasn’t as good, but I still laughed my ass off.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Opening shot of the Clerks 3 trailer

View attachment 565019
Kevin Smith seems like such a genuinely great guy. I try to support his work whenever I can. About once a year or so he comes down to the main local all talk radio station near me and co hosts. Dude is a workaholic and actually asks them if he can come in and do the full 6am shift instead of just calling in to plug whatever he has going on.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Finding it real hard to get through Season 4 of Stranger Things. On episode two, feels like a real slog. Show's been downhill since the first season for me.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I didn’t think that was the explanation so much as the motivation. Then again I’m old so maybe I dozed off or wet myself while that was playing out.

I'm with you. He was born that way or experimented on when he was young.

It is also a great reminder of how horrible Skyler is. Like all time bad.

The way Skyler gets shit on by people and Walt gets excused is crazy.

Reactions: My3Sons

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'm with you. He was born that way or experimented on when he was young.

The way Skyler gets shit on by people and Walt gets excused is crazy.
I think for me it wasn't about the role it was the performance; I think she just sucks as an actress. Walt is a scumbag though for sure.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Hank's transformation was one of the incredible parts of that show for me.

I initially thought he was going to be an annoying bullshit cliche but the way he gradually wins the audience over and grows into this character of depth and nuance is maybe even more impressive than Walter's arc.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Honestly I was more satisfied with the ending of Stranger Things Vol 1 than I was with Vol 2.

The whole 'let's kill Max, except he only half kills her, but then she dies anyway so the portals open, but then El decides to un-kill her, which she can apparently do now with no explanation, but the portals are still open?' thing really bothers me. I hate the decision to target her again after the way Episode 4 ended, that was about as close to perfect as I've seen an episode of television and I felt like they undid a lot of that by having Max go back again. But even so - kill her or don't kill her, and somehow they decided to keep us in this weird limbo where she's kinda dead but kinda not without explaining anything? They wanted the gates to open but didn't have the balls to actually kill her, so they did ANOTHER fake out with this character and to me that's really lazy.

Apparently the Duffers said they structured this season after The Empire Strikes Back, so I guess she's meant to be the Han Solo of this story frozen in carbonite until she's brought back in the next installment? She better get some sort of powers or something in Season 5 because otherwise it's a huge disservice to Sadie Sink who carried this season IMO.

Also I can't believe Eddie died and no one seems to care about it except Dustin. You're going to tell me that Steve and Lucas don't have any thoughts about their friend making this big heroic sacrifice? We need to cut away to Jonathan and Nancy's stupid relationship bullshit and some random California stoner eating mushrooms in the woods for comedy? Sorry but Eddie was an amazing character and I can't believe they killed him off so quickly and unceremoniously.

Reactions: Clam Jensen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad