OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Wheel of Time cost $10M per episode. It shouldn't have that low quality production feel at all.
I know side-by-side still screenshot comparisons can be misleading, but I saw one for Thor Love & Thunder (almost $200 million) and RRR ($70 million) and the latter looked better and less cluttered. More money doesn't equal look better, especially today.

Speaking of which, RRR is on Netflix and I can't recommend it enough. The ending goes incredibly hard. It's three hours but it doesn't waste any time. It's a tour-de-force from start to finish.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I know side-by-side still screenshot comparisons can be misleading, but I saw one for Thor Love & Thunder (almost $200 million) and RRR ($70 million) and the latter looked better and less cluttered. More money doesn't equal look better, especially today.

Speaking of which, RRR is on Netflix and I can't recommend it enough. The ending goes incredibly hard. It's three hours but it doesn't waste any time. It's a tour-de-force from start to finish.
RRR?

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
The Old Man on FX is amazing.

WestWorld has rebounded to being good again.

The Offer on Paramount+ was fantastic.

Strange New Worlds is the best Star Trek since Kahn.

For All Mankind is waning to a meh rating after an awesome S1.

Resident Evil series on Netflix is decent for what it is so far.

Better Call Saul last 2 episodes have been epic. I will miss this series so much. Mike never fails to deliver and Kim has become a top 3 character of the franchise imo.

Next up: Under the Banner of Heaven and Black Bird
I just rewatched the first four seasons of Better Call Saul just to catch up for the last season. First season was f***ing fantastic, just amazing. Second was good, third season I was kinda bored.

The stuff with Chuck was soooo repetitive, couldn’t wait to move on from that. Great actor, great story but was kinda tedious after a while it just bored the shit out of me, I just wanted to move on and move on he did.

Season four the same for me. I actually started to hate Jimmy, again insanely repetitive (probably on purpose). We get it, he’s a f*** up, a smart one at that. He’s impulsive and can’t help himself, he’ll always shoot himself in the foot pursuing whatever grift he’s got going on. It made me insane how many times he put Kim in a bind but she keeps coming back. I have zero clue why she even speaks to him other than their codependent relationship but then again she seems to get off on his scams.

Bob Odenkirk is so f***ing amazing I can’t believe he really made me hate Jimmy, actually Saul at this point now. I found myself less interested in Jimmy though and just waiting for anything to do with Mike, Gus, Nacho and the cartel stuff. Some really crazy stuff going on there. The actors and the casting are just top notch from the main characters down to the lowly meth heads, just spot on.

I’m two or three episodes into the fifth season so we’ll see how things go. I mean we all know how it ends but hopefully we’ll see a little more of the black and white stuff after he bails ABQ.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
WestWorld has rebounded to being good again.

Better Call Saul last 2 episodes have been epic. I will miss this series so much. Mike never fails to deliver and Kim has become a top 3 character of the franchise imo.
Woah woah woah.

Westworld is still on television? That's an odd choice to stick with.

And Kim is phenomenal but if you think she's top 3 I'm not sure you're recalling breaking bad correctly. Walt, Gus, and Jimmy alone push her out. Mike even maybe more so.

Hank, Jesse, Skyler, that's the tier she's in imo.

Regardless, what a phenomenal franchise that we're even having this conversation.

And for those who haven't seen it, episode 9 is emotional.

JK3

Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Westworld season 1 was f***ing amazing. Season 2 was pretty meh and the rest is absolute unwatchable dog shit, brutal dreck of an amazing concept.

Just watch the first season and consider that the beginning and end of the series all wrapped up neatly. No need to watch any further.

Reactions: My3Sons

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Woah woah woah.

And Kim is phenomenal but if you think she's top 3 I'm not sure you're recalling breaking bad correctly. Walt, Gus, and Jimmy alone push her out. Mike even maybe more so.

Regardless, what a phenomenal franchise that we're even having this conversation.

Skyler f***ing sucks. She's a horrible actress. I would've rather seen Betty White be Skyler. Kim is absolutely in the same tier as Gus, Mike, Walt, and Jimmy. Make it a top 5 and it's not even definitive, you can make a case for all of them to be number 1. And here's my final thought... Better Call Saul is better than BB and is one of the greatest shows in the history of television.

Reactions: Clam Jensen and JK3

JK3

Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Skyler f***ing sucks. She's a horrible actress. I would've rather seen Betty White be Skyler. Kim is absolutely in the same tier as Gus, Mike, Walt, and Jimmy. Make it a top 5 and it's not even definitive, you can make a case for all of them to be number 1. And here's my final thought... Better Call Saul is better than BB and is one of the greatest shows in the history of television.
She was indeed awful. So much so that when I watched Breaking Bad for the second and third time I fast forwarded through every single scene she was in, I couldn’t take watching her, what a f***ing drag ugh.

Reactions: Billdo

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
She was indeed awful. So much so that when I watched Breaking Bad for the second and third time I fast forwarded through every single scene she was in, I couldn’t take watching her, what a f***ing drag ugh.
I just recently rewatched it during the break of the Better Call Saul season and she is the worst actor I've ever seen in any show I've ever watched. Absolutely horrific. And it's not like I hate her bc she's so good ala Wendy Bird on Ozark, I genuinely hate her bc she sucks, Skyler that is.

Woah woah woah.

This most recent episode was surprisingly emotional. When Jimmy says "I love you" and Kim responds with "I love you too, but so what?" It really hit me. That show is just magic. It's absolutely fantastic from the very beginning.

Reactions: JK3

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Skyler sucking was the entire point.

And BCS is not and will never be BB. It's an outstanding show, but there have been entire episodes where I just zoned out and simply didn't give a shit.

And define greatest shows in the history of television please. Because if you're talking top 10 across all genres that's insane.

But hey, taste is subjective and we have more episodes to go so I suppose my opinion could sway a bit.

Last edited:

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I just recently rewatched it during the break of the Better Call Saul season and she is the worst actor I've ever seen in any show I've ever watched. Absolutely horrific. And it's not like I hate her bc she's so good ala Wendy Bird on Ozark, I genuinely hate her bc she sucks, Skyler that is.

This most recent episode was surprisingly emotional. When Jimmy says "I love you" and Kim responds with "I love you too, but so what?" It really hit me. That show is just magic. It's absolutely fantastic from the very beginning.
Holy hyperbole my man.

And yeah, it was such an emotional scene that my girl walked in the room and said something along the lines of f***, you're watching better call Saul without me aren't you? After simply looking at my face.

But Ozark? If anyone could make it through the second season of that show you have a lot more patience and tolerance for genuine trash acting and directing than I do.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Woah woah woah.

I'm talking about Better Call Saul and that show only, not Breaking Bad.

Reactions: Billdo

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Holy hyperbole my man.

And yeah, it was such an emotional scene that my girl walked in the room and said something along the lines of f***, you're watching better call Saul without me aren't you? After simply looking at my face.

But Ozark? If anyone could make it through the second season of that show you have a lot more patience and tolerance for genuine trash acting and directing than I do.
You are always a treat.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I just saw the trailer for the Sandman and I am not familiar with the source material and am very confused by the trailer. Can anyone elaborate on what this Netflix show is about?

SempreMilan

Jul 13, 2022
Nearly choked when I heard Marvel was making a midnight sons game. What a disappointing roster

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Starting Dark Pictures Anthology with my old lady and teen step daughter. Anybody play them?
I played through a few of them with some friends, they make the decisions, it's a ton of fun!
First one is good, 2nd one was the scariest and my personal favorite, 3rd one was good too but felt a little too action-y for me.

The other 2 games that company has released were even better from my experience. One came out just a few months ago

Reactions: SempreMilan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad