OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008
Just started playing Mafia III this week. Came in with super low expectations, and I gotta say, I love it.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Kenobi Part 3

Oh yes. OHHHH YES. Yes yes yes. Thank you Disney, thank you.

430E8557-C463-4547-A4E4-214A71A63EB1.jpeg

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I have even more canon questions with what they're doing, but I'm definitely enjoying it so far and I'm willing to just forget that stuff for now. Sometimes I think Star Wars fans get so wrapped up in canon and arguing over everything that they forget it's supposed to be fun. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece of writing and acting.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I have even more canon questions with what they're doing, but I'm definitely enjoying it so far and I'm willing to just forget that stuff for now. Sometimes I think Star Wars fans get so wrapped up in canon and arguing over everything that they forget it's supposed to be fun. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece of writing and acting.
Shit gets retconned all the time. Life is too short. I enjoy all the Vader and Kenobi content I can get!

Reactions: My3Sons

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I'm probably way late to the game - as I was with Cosby - but Seinfeld was f***ing a 17 y/o when he was 39?

And that guy has the balls to lambast other comedians for cursing too much.

Never, ever let your guard down around a smug preacher.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Another year, another buggy Madden. 2005 was the peak for NFL gaming.

I used to play a ton of Madden when my post-college roommate provided the communal PS2. We all moved out on our own in 2009 and I got a PS3 for myself. I bought Madden a couple times after that and just never got back into it (and the PS3 became a glorified Bluray player). Apparently I chose a good time to stop playing as I've heard it just got worse / stagnant over the years.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I do appreciate how much of a powerful and menacing Vader they've shown in Obi-Wan. I think this last episode was the best so far and kind of what I thought the whole show would be like. Hopefully they end it with another strong episode next week.

Reactions: Darkauron

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
This is another show that I'm looking forward to catching up on.

Right now we're finishing Kim's Convenience. The last season is not as good as the others, but it's still funny.
I started watching Rome and am making myself finish season 1 before I catch up on Barry.

Reactions: Darkauron

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Stranger Things finale is crushing it.

That is, until I found out they filmed half of the scenes in a former concentration camp and turned it into an airbnb. Yes, literally.

Do better.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I started watching Rome and am making myself finish season 1 before I catch up on Barry.
Rome was such a good show. It feels like it doesn't get as much love as some other HBO shows.

Just finished the last season of Peaky Fooking Blinders and can not wait for the movie that's supposed to wrap it all up, although it'll probably be a couple years from the sound of it.

Reactions: Oneiro

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Rome was such a good show. It feels like it doesn't get as much love as some other HBO shows.

Just finished the last season of Peaky Fooking Blinders and can not wait for the movie that's supposed to wrap it all up, although it'll probably be a couple years from the sound of it.
Yea its great, top notch acting. I tried to get my wife into it by saying the doctor from Grey’s Anatomy was in it, but no dice lol. New Peaky Bloinduhs is in the queue too.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

I need to catch up on the last season of Peaky Blinders. Seems like they did a good job with ending the show, from what I've heard.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Ms Marvel on Disney + is absolute hot garbage. It’s the first Disney + show or Marvel movie to truly disappoint me or be near unwatchable. Got about 1.5 episodes in and just can’t do it anymore.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Rome was so good. Too early for it's time, would've been a massive hit had it come out just five years later.

But I guess HBO learned a lot of lessons from that show that it applied to GoT and others.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Well now I have Rome and the Wire on my HBO lists of shows I probably should’ve watched a long time ago because of all of you.

Reactions: Saugus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad