OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Star Wars?

I popped into this thread seeing that there were a few new posts expecting one thing.

Tomorrow is the day fellas.

If you're aware of the 'spoilers' you know what I'm talking about.

Star Wars 🤦‍♂️
Are you going to be disappointed if it’s only a 20 second cameo?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
who is the guy in the white paste face makeup and black outfit? Is that Hayden Christensen? Anytime I hear that Darth Vadar breathing noise I can be 10 years old again for a moment and that's why despite mediocre movie after mediocre movie I will still support the franchise. Few things in life are as joyous as connecting with your younger self and that opening title music after the Fox intro also gets me every time.
The guy in the white face paint is the Grand Inquisitor, whose job is basically to hunt Jedi, along with the other Inquisitors. They're from Rebels, a show I would highly recommend. I am interested to see if Hayden is just in the suit or if we get to see either his scarred face, or him as Anakin in a flashback.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The guy in the white face paint is the Grand Inquisitor, whose job is basically to hunt Jedi, along with the other Inquisitors. They're from Rebels, a show I would highly recommend. I am interested to see if Hayden is just in the suit or if we get to see either his scarred face, or him as Anakin in a flashback.
I doubt they would have brought him back to never show his face.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Star Wars?

I popped into this thread seeing that there were a few new posts expecting one thing.

Tomorrow is the day fellas.

If you're aware of the 'spoilers' you know what I'm talking about.

Star Wars 🤦‍♂️
If you’re talking about Doctor Strange 2, they seem to be dangling a jail warden’s worth of keys for two hours. My friend works for one of those Content websites and is going to spend so much time finding and writing about the Easter eggs in it, she’ll have come as close to watching it without having actually watched it.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
If you’re talking about Doctor Strange 2, they seem to be dangling a jail warden’s worth of keys for two hours. My friend works for one of those Content websites and is going to spend so much time finding and writing about the Easter eggs in it, she’ll have come as close to watchi⁹ng it without having actually watched it.
There's no time left. And I highly doubt she works for everything always.

So what are you talking about?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Assuming you're talking about the professor here.

While doubtful it'll only be 20 seconds, no I won't. There's a lot more ground to be covered if you've been paying attention.

But here's to you. I'm sure Boba is hitting just the right spots.

View attachment 540932
Lol nope… well a different type of Professor. I thought you were referencing Better Call Saul :laugh:.

• Haha
Reactions: Jack Be Quick

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Assuming you're talking about the professor here.

While doubtful it'll only be 20 seconds, no I won't. There's a lot more ground to be covered if you've been paying attention.

But here's to you. I'm sure Boba is hitting just the right spots.

View attachment 540932
They are both fun to the right audience. I enjoy both for different reasons. No need to get snarky at Star Wars fans. What does Randall have to do with any of this?

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
I bought my little brother-in-law a used GameCube at the video game store near where I work. If I didn't, he was plotting to steal mine. Hopefully I can get a decently affordable copy of Smash Bros. Melee for him. If the retro game market is too out of control, I'll settle for giving him my copy. It's overrated IMO. I'll also look for a copy of Mario Kart Double Dash (he ain't getting mine).

Currently playing through the post-endgame for Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Even though it's 3D, it's still very much a Kirby game, so if you're looking for something that's genre-defining for the character you'll be disappointed. But since I love Kirby games, that's right up my alley.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Severance on Apple TV had one of the best most dramatic/intense season finales that I’ve seen in a long while. Loved the final episode of the season.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
watched the new (27 years later reboot) season of kids in the hall over the last couple of evenings

its good. i recommend ... its like they never left

i remember going to see live filming of the shows in the early 90s while in high school....free tickets ....at a tiny cbc studio on mutual st (same street the old leafs arena was 100 years ago)

just bleachers ,, there was a 2 level scaffold/platform at the top on the right side where the shadowy men would play live during set and wardrobe changes

to get in to the set area you literally walked through the costume storage area,,,, then again it was the 90s ,,,,very relaxed times

but ya watch if you can

and take note during the intro credits the recently deceased dallas good of the sadies who has been playing bass for the shadows over that last few years filling in for the long passed legend reid diamond

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
We finished Broad City, and now we are finishing the last season of Kim's Convenience. Broad City ended well.

The last season of Kim's is noticeably weaker than the previous stuff. It's too bad, it was a really funny show the first few seasons.

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
We finished Broad City, and now we are finishing the last season of Kim's Convenience. Broad City ended well.

The last season of Kim's is noticeably weaker than the previous stuff. It's too bad, it was a really funny show the first few seasons.
I completely gave up on Broad City midway through season four. Aside from the season premiere, it just didn't hit like it used to. It suffered the complete opposite problem of Silicon Valley, which I also bowed out of at the same time: it had character development in a show where that isn't really needed. At its peak, it was just two down on their luck girls getting by in a cartoonish but relatable version of NYC.

Fall-off or not, it's still a shame that when people think of Broad City today (if they think about it at all... such is the streaming landscape), it's for that one jump-the-shark moment I mentioned. It deserves better.
On episode 7 of Severance, holy shit what a show.
Even my friends who are down on Apple TV+ have had nothing but good things to say about Severance. My wife downgraded the Netflix plan to the middle tier, and the only reason we even have it is for my family who uses it for Spanish language shows (the only reason it's worth having anymore is for international stuff). Otherwise I'd ditch it for that. People joke about it being a platform nobody watches, but it's got big names.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Severance on Apple TV had one of the best most dramatic/intense season finales that I’ve seen in a long while. Loved the final episode of the season.

On episode 7 of Severance, holy shit what a show.
Not sure if you saw my post from Friday. The last episode of the season was top notch edge of your seat drama. Can’t wait for another season!

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Tonights Better Call Saul

HOLY f***ING SHIT

FDAB6DCA-AEB7-46F6-8298-A079482F0DD0.jpeg

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

Ilana and Abbi are some of the most pleasant humans I've ever met.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I decided last night I'm just going to go straight in to Breaking Bad season 1 and watch the whole series again.
Love the whole universe.
I already had it added to my Netflix cue to do the same thing. Seeing Walter early on again is probably going to mess with my head.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I need it to end. I was contemplating my life after yesterday’s episode lmao. I was shook.
The candle blowing and the shift in music tone was brilliant.

I’m watching the final episodes of Ozark and Better Call Saul at the same time and I don’t think it’s healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad