OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Oh man, Gilbert Gottfried died.

Sad year for comedy with both him and Bob Saget passing away.
He had an excellent podcast, it was a love letter to old Hollywood with lots of vulgarity. My defining image of him is one of the stories he'd always bring up to guests, a rumor about Cesar Romero. They say he liked to gather a bunch of male hookers, pull his pants down, and have them throw orange wedges at his bare ass.

Reactions: My3Sons

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Oh man, Gilbert Gottfried died.

Sad year for comedy with both him and Bob Saget passing away.
"2023 is not on Bert's (Kreischer) calendar. So see him while you can."

Said another comedian whom I enjoy.

I know Gilbert and possibly Bob don't fall into the category of what has befallen so many other great comedians at too early of an age, but they do seem to go young unfortunately.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
“Aww, is this your granpa”

“Nah, im doing him..”

“OH MY”

8413F380-C1B6-41D2-B542-135D01C12740.jpeg

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
"2023 is not on Bert's (Kreischer) calendar. So see him while you can."

Said another comedian whom I enjoy.

I know Gilbert and possibly Bob don't fall into the category of what has befallen so many other great comedians at too early of an age, but they do seem to go young unfortunately.
Bert and Tom Segura are 2 of my favorite current comedians. Can’t wait for Bert’s movie to come out.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Bert and Tom Segura are 2 of my favorite current comedians. Can’t wait for Bert’s movie to come out.
If you didn't see one of Tom's shows while he was in the area all I can say is, that joke is from one of them and you'll probably enjoy whatever special comes out of it.

The guy went absolutely ham when I saw him in the basement of the toilet and has elevated himself to be one of the goats imo.

The only drawback is that he's apparently very upset about his alopecia.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
If you didn't see one of Tom's shows while he was in the area all I can say is, that joke is from one of them and you'll probably enjoy whatever special comes out of it.

The guy went absolutely ham when I saw him in the basement of the toilet and has elevated himself to be one of the goats imo.

The only drawback is that he's apparently very upset about his alopecia.
I had heard about Seguras injury but didn’t actually see it until last week. Crazy stuff and I love how he can laugh about it… so my doctor asks how I injured myself… I said… slam dunk contest :laugh: . His delivery is just great.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I had heard about Seguras injury but didn’t actually see it until last week. Crazy stuff and I love how he can laugh about it… so my doctor asks how I injured myself… I said… slam dunk contest :laugh: . His delivery is just great.
Did you get hit by a car during this contest?

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Been a big Bert fan but just of his standup. Just recently I have started getting into podcasts and YouTube clips. I have a lot of catching up to do.
I'm the opposite. I enjoy him in a limited quantity on podcasts. His stand up isn't my thing.

And if we're being honest it sucks to watch him go down the Giraldo road. Coke, booze, benzos, dope, it's always a shame to witness it.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I think the Willy Wonka thing is the difference between the US and UK approach to children's entertainment. In the US there is rarely ever any real threat to the child. If there is it is transient, usually only an empty threat, and there are never real bad outcomes. Think Scooby Doo where the monsters are never real and nothing bad ever happens to the gang who routinely break up organized crime. In contrast, in the UK, bad things happen sometimes to the characters in child's entertainment and Willy Wonka is a good example. Another example is Thomas the Tank Engine where the engines crash and get hurt. In the US I'm skeptical a show aimed at such young kids would ever involve an actual crash. They'd show the potential for one but it would be averted at the last minute. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: Oneiro

My3Sons

Sponsor
If anyone is watching that new LA Lakers show on HBO there is a scene where Michael Chiklis plays Red Auerbach and sits down with John C. Reilly's Jerry Buss and insults him. All I could think of during that scene is how much the same makeup and dialogue could apply to Lou Lamoriello talking to an opposing owner or GM. It was really funny to me.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
If anyone is watching that new LA Lakers show on HBO there is a scene where Michael Chiklis plays Red Auerbach and sits down with John C. Reilly's Jerry Buss and insults him. All I could think of during that scene is how much the same makeup and dialogue could apply to Lou Lamoriello talking to an opposing owner or GM. It was really funny to me.
I was interested in this because I like John C. Reilly, but I heard of multiple scenes where one of the characters breaks the fourth wall to tell you exactly what is going to happen, as well as directly explaining what AIDS is. Adam McKay really has no respect for audiences.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I was interested in this because I like John C. Reilly, but I heard of multiple scenes where one of the characters breaks the fourth wall to tell you exactly what is going to happen, as well as directly explaining what AIDS is. Adam McKay really has no respect for audiences.
It's tongue in cheek and doesn't take itself seriously. My issue, aside from how it changes history at times, is that virtually every character is portrayed in a negative light. I get that we are all flawed people but the focus is about 2/3 on the negative and about 1/3 on the positive. That's too skewed.

Reactions: NJDevs26

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's tongue in cheek and doesn't take itself seriously. My issue, aside from how it changes history at times, is that virtually every character is portrayed in a negative light. I get that we are all flawed people but the focus is about 2/3 on the negative and about 1/3 on the positive. That's too skewed.
Yeah pretty much this…and taking that much license with an actual book is more tricky when you’re doing caricatures of real people, who are still living. I think Jerry West is actually threatening legal action which I can’t even blame him for, that over the top portrayal is so ridiculous. They might as well have just changed the names of all the characters if they were going to go that far into dramaville and alternative facts.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
“Aww, is this your granpa”

“Nah, im doing him..”

“OH MY”

View attachment 530916
If she's 81, doesn't look like a corpse, and is worth $100mm? You're damn straight I'm on that next flight to Dubai.

I close my eyes and think about other people when I'm with 29 y/o's. I'm supposed to give a shit about staying in a W, getting a $2500 coat purchased for me, and eating camel tartar on the roof of the highest tower in the world?

Then again I'd probably do it for a nice trip to Aspen as well. Though that cutoff is nearer to 74.

Keep your makeup on and I'll touch your parts Ms Fonda.

Live your life kids.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Sponsor

Can. Not. Wait.

who is the guy in the white paste face makeup and black outfit? Is that Hayden Christensen? Anytime I hear that Darth Vadar breathing noise I can be 10 years old again for a moment and that's why despite mediocre movie after mediocre movie I will still support the franchise. Few things in life are as joyous as connecting with your younger self and that opening title music after the Fox intro also gets me every time.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Star Wars?

I popped into this thread seeing that there were a few new posts expecting one thing.

Tomorrow is the day fellas.

If you're aware of the 'spoilers' you know what I'm talking about.

Star Wars 🤦‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad