OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I never thought Will Smith would have a Kanye moment.

No excuse for physical violence and Smith owes Rock a public apology.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Whoops.

Tom's always been a savage. Glad I already had tickets to his show at the garden on Thursday, could get interesting.

Screenshot_20220329-194322_Chrome~2.jpg

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I wasn't planning on watching CODA unless it won Best Picture because Apple TV+ may as well not exist. Guess I gotta get it "somehow."

That service has to be the epitome of "stuff to have on while you're doing something else." If it weren't for the stuff that inexplicably wins awards and the stuff Roku shows off in ads, I wouldn't know a damn thing they have. You know all those movies that came out last year with Bruce Willis? ATV+ is that but for Tom Hanks.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I wasn't planning on watching CODA unless it won Best Picture because Apple TV+ may as well not exist. Guess I gotta get it "somehow."

That service has to be the epitome of "stuff to have on while you're doing something else." If it weren't for the stuff that inexplicably wins awards and the stuff Roku shows off in ads, I wouldn't know a damn thing they have. You know all those movies that came out last year with Bruce Willis? ATV+ is that but for Tom Hanks.

They actually have some really good shows on there that are way better than a lot of other shows on other services. I've really enjoyed for all mankind, servant and see.

Reactions: Devils731

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
They actually have some really good shows on there that are way better than a lot of other shows on other services. I've really enjoyed for all mankind, servant and see.
I haven't heard of any of those. There's some show... Something Quest, that I heard is good. But other than that it's the stuff that wins awards.

Anyone watch Abbott Elementary? I read an interview with the creator and she seems like a real human being. So many shows are written about and for Twitter and she's not about that at all. Whenever my wife sees a clip of it on TikTok, it's always about how it's funny and not about how it's "important." I'm very interested.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Apple TV, for my taste, actually has a really high success rate for the shows they’re putting out.

Foundation, For All Mankind, Ted Lasso, and See are all shows we’ve watched and enjoyed. We don’t do a lot of TV with having kids now so these shows clear either my or my wife’s bar.

I also want to watch Severance; I think we may enjoy that. We just haven’t found the time.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Apple TV, for my taste, actually has a really high success rate for the shows they’re putting out.

Foundation, For All Mankind, Ted Lasso, and See are all shows we’ve watched and enjoyed. We don’t do a lot of TV with having kids now so these shows clear either my or my wife’s bar.

I also want to watch Severance; I think we may enjoy that. We just haven’t found the time.
+1 on Ted Lasso, and Severance is amazing.

Apple TV is surprisingly better than I thought it'd be

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
My brother-in-law suggested this anime on Netflix called Kakegurui, so my wife and I have started watching. It's a little too stupid and way too horny for me, thankfully we're charging through a few episodes a day and it's only two seasons.

I'm also brushing up on Mexican heritage and watching Dragon Ball Z (seriously, it's big down there). I'm on the Freeza saga and I get the jokes about it being very, very long for just one fight to happen. Good thing it's goofy and has very endearing characters.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Funny how everyone (especially stand ups) was so up in arms about the slap but then Louis CK can win a Grammy the next week and people don't bat an eye.

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
Funny how everyone (especially stand ups) was so up in arms about the slap but then Louis CK can win a Grammy the next week and people don't bat an eye.
You have a better chance of being blackballed in entertainment by calling out sexual misconduct than by perpetrating it. That's the sad truth. Harvey Weinstein was so beyond the pale that he actually paid the price, but he's just one guy. Jared Leto is still getting A-list work and it's all but confirmed he's up to some sick shit.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I had a Batman album growing up. I know the main theme was on it and I guess the other notable pieces of music as well? Vague memory but man am I old.
Haha, yeah, that's pretty damn old.

When people say Batman, this is what I think of first so I'm getting up there as well. Not as old as you but still:

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
My brother-in-law suggested this anime on Netflix called Kakegurui, so my wife and I have started watching. It's a little too stupid and way too horny for me, thankfully we're charging through a few episodes a day and it's only two seasons.

I'm also brushing up on Mexican heritage and watching Dragon Ball Z (seriously, it's big down there). I'm on the Freeza saga and I get the jokes about it being very, very long for just one fight to happen. Good thing it's goofy and has very endearing characters.
Not a big anime person but I asked a friend of mine what his favorite one was and he named Overlord. I watched a few episodes and “horny” would be an understatement. I would swear a group of 13 year olds created it :laugh:

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Not a big anime person but I asked a friend of mine what his favorite one was and he named Overlord. I watched a few episodes and “horny” would be an understatement. I would swear a group of 13 year olds created it :laugh:
Having watched some of both, Kakegurui was probably worse for creepy horniness. Probably much worse. :lol:

Sometimes anime horniness is funny but it’s definitely a culture shift in how comfortable anime is leaning into the horniness.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
Started Kirby and the Forgotten World. It's a Kirby game, but in 3D. You know what you're going to get. But I love Kirby so I'm not complaining.
I didn’t go through more than an episode or 2 of season 2 but season 1 was fun.
Season 2 is definitely not on the level of the first because the story is a bit more complicated than "new student faces the student council."

I want our next show to be the rest of Deadwood. We keep getting sidetracked with other shows and recommendations.

Reactions: Devils731

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Wait , there is a continuation of Deadwood ?!
I loved that show . One of my top 5 favourite series of all time . Probably would be #1 if the series ended better

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Wait , there is a continuation of Deadwood ?!
I loved that show . One of my top 5 favourite series of all time . Probably would be #1 if the series ended better
There was a Deadwood movie that came out in 2019 that kind of wrapped the series up. I thought it was okay, but just wasn't as good as the show was, although I think it's hard to revisit something after like 12-13 years and actually have it be as good as the series.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
The first two seasons are excellent. Some of the funniest TV I’ve seen.

The third season starts well, and it ends well, but the middle is pretty weak and has one of the most obvious “jump the shark” moments in TV history. You’ll know it when you see it. It’s also the scene that most people refer to when talking about Broad City, which is a shame. It really does start brilliantly but that overshadowed everything.

I watched halfway through the fourth season and didn’t bother watching the rest.

I'm months late on this, but we finally got to Season 3 of Broad City (we never have time to watch anything anymore with a kid), and you were quite right, I knew it when I saw it. :laugh:

Reactions: RangerDoggo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad