OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
The candle blowing and the shift in music tone was brilliant.

I’m watching the final episodes of Ozark and Better Call Saul at the same time and I don’t think it’s healthy.
I heard that the final episode of Ozark doesn't so much drop the ball as it does drop a neutron star-weighed ball through the earth and splits it in half.

Speaking of disappointment, anyone seen Halo?

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I heard that the final episode of Ozark doesn't so much drop the ball as it does drop a neutron star-weighed ball through the earth and splits it in half.

That's disappointing. My wife and I like that show and haven't started on the new episodes yet. I was hoping it would end well.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Speaking of disappointment, anyone seen Halo?

I have just the final episode left to watch so that is disappointing to hear.

Halo was a higher quality sci-fi channel type show. You could tell when they would use up their entire budget for a few episodes because after a decent “big” fight they wouldn’t have another one for 2-3 episodes. There’s also an entire episode towards the end of the season that is dedicated for a side character and it was a complete waste of time.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Spoiler tag please.

😠
That wasn’t a spoiler. I was meaning when watching Breaking Bad from episode 1 again and seeing Walter White when he was just a teacher trying to stash some money aside for his family.

Edit: and you damn well better apologize for the grumpy face :laugh:

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
That wasn’t a spoiler. I was meaning when watching Breaking Bad from episode 1 again and seeing Walter White when he was just a teacher trying to stash some money aside for his family.

Walter White is in Breaking Bad? Still spoilers!

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

Just watched it. You're right, my bad.

Xoxo

Walter White is in Breaking Bad? Still spoilers!
Alright alright, I misread the post.

Here some emojis to show my repentance: 😶🤥😔🤒😷😟😓

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, I wished I'd never bothered watching Ozark, especially given the ending. If you've seen The Sopranos and Breaking Bad, it's a much worse version of those stories starring Michael Bluth and with even more annoying family/kids stuff.

I'm working remotely while taking care of family so I'm finally catching up on a lot of stuff. Severance and Atlanta are two favorite recent ones. Peaky Blinders is kind of a guilty pleasure so that's next on the list, along with Obi Wan.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Peaky Blinders is great, but I haven't watched the last season of it yet. Helen McCrory, who played one of the main characters, died between seasons 5 and 6 and I'm hoping they've handled that well.

Atlanta is excellent too, but again I'm a season behind on it.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I'll have to watch Atlanta. I heard this latest season veers more into social media/Twitter trending topic territory for plots than the previous two seasons, but also that it doesn't endorse the "blue check" view on those issues.

Right now my wife is on a My 600-Pound Life binge because it's inspiring her to keep up her weight loss.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
What?

Better Call Saul is a prequel to Breaking Bad, and there's already a number of public articles out there about the final season of Better Call Sall.
It ain't spoilers. Get a grip.
Someone's late to the party.

No worries, we still have cheap tequila and Chinese ketamine in the back.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
2 recent shows I’ve watched and loved were Winning Time (I’m not a current basketball fan but I was back in the day) and also The Offer. Both very good shows.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
2 recent shows I’ve watched and loved were Winning Time (I’m not a current basketball fan but I was back in the day) and also The Offer. Both very good shows.
I enjoyed Winning Time for what it is but the portrayals were very negative and I found myself explaining some of the exaggeration to my son who loves basketball but thinks the show is trying to be accurate. I’d recommend it to a basketball fan who can pick the parts they like and ignore or at least laugh at the hyperbole.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The first two episodes of Obi-Wan are out. I enjoyed both of them, although I think the first episode was better. The Inquisitors looked kind of off to me, but I'm used to their animated versions in Rebels, so maybe that's why. There is some clunky writing, but that's nothing new for Star Wars. Interested to see what they do the rest of the season (which is only 4 more episodes so they're 1/3 of the way through already).

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The first two episodes of Obi-Wan are out. I enjoyed both of them, although I think the first episode was better. The Inquisitors looked kind of off to me, but I'm used to their animated versions in Rebels, so maybe that's why. There is some clunky writing, but that's nothing new for Star Wars. Interested to see what they do the rest of the season (which is only 4 more episodes so they're 1/3 of the way through already).
It was great seeing Ewan MacGregor as Obi-Wan. Agree it’s on the clunky side. I’m not the best judge of Star Wars beyond the basics but it’s fun.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, Ewan MacGregor is great. He says so much without any words at all. I enjoyed it, feels like a step up from Boba Fett.

First Thundercat in Boba Fett and now Flea in Obi Wan? Seems like they're trying to get all the greatest living bass players of all-time to be in the canon, haha...Jimmy Smits still has it as well. It's kind of nice for these actors to get a chance to create more depth this time around.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Ozark series finale was just kinda meh. It felt rushed and as if they couldn’t decide how to end it.

FascinationStreet

Dec 6, 2021
Yeah, Ewan MacGregor is great. He says so much without any words at all. I enjoyed it, feels like a step up from Boba Fett.

First Thundercat in Boba Fett and now Flea in Obi Wan? Seems like they're trying to get all the greatest living bass players of all-time to be in the canon, haha...Jimmy Smits still has it as well. It's kind of nice for these actors to get a chance to create more depth this time around.

"Roger Waters as Darth Revan confirmed..." - Lebrun

Reactions: Oneiro

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
I'll have to watch Atlanta. I heard this latest season veers more into social media/Twitter trending topic territory for plots than the previous two seasons, but also that it doesn't endorse the "blue check" view on those issues.

Right now my wife is on a My 600-Pound Life binge because it's inspiring her to keep up her weight loss.
First 2 seasons of Atlanta were incredible. Third season (one that just finished) I couldn’t get past the first 3 episodes. It just veered too far away from the original vibe the show had established.
Stranger Things Season 4 is much, much better than Season 3. Can't wait for the 2nd half to drop
1000%. I was going to watch regardless since I’ve seen it all to this point, but the tone shift towards more horror has been really refreshing (I only watched the first 2 eps).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad