OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Maybe idk. I think Jango would be the better one to focus on but Boba's always been the one everyone obsessed over. I'd much rather have explored pre PT era stuff than post OT. Exploring Jango's life and what made him so impressive that he was the one chosen as the template for the clones would've been cool.

That's a good idea.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Had some time off this week so I've been vegging out. Lot of work to start the year. I caught up to Boba Fett. It's not very good, the gang stuff is awkward but whatever. I have low expectations. I agree that soccer coach Boba Fett is not exactly a great character arc. I know a few of you mentioned not liking "dark and gritty" but I think most of these franchise movies have swung way too much the other way these days.

When Fett was heading towards the mod-shop, I was thinking, "Wow, that bassline sounds like a really good Thundercat / Flying Lotus ripoff." And sure enough as soon as I saw those yellow dreads, I knew who it was as the surgeon, haha. Kind of a bizarre cameo but made me chuckle. Love that dude.

Caught up to Attack on Titan. Enjoying it but I don't see how it's going to end in a satisfying way. Also watched another anime Blue Period, which I appreciated a lot. I mean, it's very corny, I'm guessing the manga is better, but the messaging re: art and sticking with things is really valid and pretty inspiring. There's a lot of truth in it, to me.

I've accepted most stuff is not going to hit, even if the premise is great. Was surprised to see Squid Game connect worldwide - I really liked it and hope there's more stuff like that coming.

Any of you ever read Three Body Problem by Cixin Liu? Finished the last two off this week - this is a sci-fi classic on par with all the greats. Really f***ing good.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Valheim is an addictive game. Fighting and exploring is bad enough but then you start building and it's like crackpipe level addictive. Just 2 more hours to finish my lodge... lol.

I gotta get back it into it, had a lot of fun in it before. I remember I was playing it when it was announced Nico was the next captain lol.

Plus I think I'm finally done with New World for now. Just isn't that fun right now.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
It was fabulous. And the week before I watched Requiem for a Dream, also directed by Aronofsky. Very harrowing watch but also very good. Also, I'm a sucker for movies that take place in a particular NYC neighborhood at a certain point in time.
If you've ever hooked up with a dancer after a rave, dj'd in front of a few people on ketamine in a dirty ass Brooklyn apartment in the 90's, or run from Giuliani's innumerable task squads, these films might resonate with you just a bit more.

Not saying you're that guy, not saying I am, just saying.

The wealth, power, and mental health dynamics in each film are portrayed so brilliantly.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Yeah major return to form in that last Fett episode. (And the location...those writers definitely read The Three Body Problem series.)

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Yeah major return to form in that last Fett episode. (And the location...those writers definitely read The Three Body Problem series.)

I don’t know what the Three Body Problem series is but I was thinking Halo the whole time.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
The half season of Ozark that was just released is absolutely phenomenal. Cannot wait for the rest of their final season. Just superb in every way.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The half season of Ozark that was just released is absolutely phenomenal. Cannot wait for the rest of their final season. Just superb in every way.

1 episode in and man I missed this show (I’m gonna miss it more when it’s gone but I think they are leaving at a good time).

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

We've liked Ozark so far, and I'm looking forward to eventually getting to watch this season. It's still hard for us to watch anything longer than 30 minutes though.

I've always really liked the dynamic of "Michael Bluth if he worked for a drug cartel" that Jason Bateman brings to the role.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
What is this lol, I like the Boba Fett show a lot more without him.

Honestly, I've loved the last two episodes so much I don't really care anymore if the show was titled "Wizard! The Adventures of Kitster." Plus it does take care of some of the setup for the next season of The Mandalorian so we can go right into that without as much setup (I know people love to complain about "slow" or "filler" episodes these days). After the sequels I will take every enjoyable moment of Star Wars on the big or small screen i can.

Reactions: Darkauron and JK3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad