OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I’ve been rewatching Seinfeld a lot lately. Just realized that for many many years now, when picking up pizza (or Calzones) I wait until the cashier is looking at me to put my tip in the tip jar :laugh:. I totally forgot where I picked that up from until watching an episode today.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I’ve been rewatching Seinfeld a lot lately. Just realized that for many many years now, when picking up pizza (or Calzones) I wait until the cashier is looking at me to put my tip in the tip jar :laugh:. I totally forgot where I picked that up from until watching an episode today.

so you want to be my latex salesman?

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Wait wait wait... Is that actually in an episode?

I did it twice today. Intentionally. I figure you want people in the neighborhood looking out for you, so it makes sense. If I'm anywhere else in the boroughs or New Jersey I don't care and will drop it whenever.

I also randomly went down a Seinfeld YouTube rabbit hole recently and a lot of it holds up surprisingly well.

My3Sons

Sponsor

I did it twice today. Intentionally. I figure you want people in the neighborhood looking out for you, so it makes sense. If I'm anywhere else in the boroughs or New Jersey I don't care and will drop it whenever.

I also randomly went down a Seinfeld YouTube rabbit hole recently and a lot of it holds up surprisingly well.

It’s more like a full body dry heave

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

:laugh: Oh yes it is. It’s in the episode titled The Calzone (season 7 episode 19). Basically George is getting Steinbrenner Calzones every day for lunch and he thinks the pizza guy is treating him differently because he missed George putting money in the tip jar. The guy misses it again the next time so when he walks away George puts his hand in the jar to get the money back and the guy catches him of course and George can no longer get his boss his favorite lunch when he’s banned. I find this show holds up very well for me… the first season or 2 look a little dated visually but other than that the humor is great.

My3Sons

Sponsor
:laugh: Oh yes it is. It’s in the episode titled The Calzone (season 7 episode 19). Basically George is getting Steinbrenner Calzones every day for lunch and he thinks the pizza guy is treating him differently because he missed George putting money in the tip jar. The guy misses it again the next time so when he walks away George puts his hand in the jar to get the money back and the guy catches him of course and George can no longer get his boss his favorite lunch when he’s banned. I find this show holds up very well for me… the first season or 2 look a little dated visually but other than that the humor is great.

Believe it or not George isn't at home where oh where can he be.....

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
back in '97 i built a 'sitar' (which i still have on my instrument rack) out of a counter top and a 2x4 ….the strings were got from some professor at western university in london ontario. i reached this person by landline telephone and asked if they knew where to get roughly .13 gauge piano wire, 'about 25 feet' …i was at the college across the city i'll add, not the university

so he says, no problem…..i have it…. ill give you a whole roll …..told i could pick it up in a certain building on campus (3rd floor?) … it will be a sheet size yellow envelope tacked to the hallway bulletin board with your name.

i went after dark off hours and sure enough it was there….wrapped in some kind of wax paper with a real label on it …..it's a lifetime supply of this shit i thought!

…i still have the miles long roll….

so this sitar... half the fretboard is scalloped (other half gives the insane long neck some stabillity)….of which to tune the thing in normal playing position my left arm is fully reaching for the machine heads

6 strings. 4 are drones not fretted by fingers usually but can be done …..2 strings are over scallops and the spacing between all the strings is not consistent. tunings?….many different ways

bridge is nice hardwood though ….and it doesnt look like a counter top …only from the back

first instrument i 'built' …not that bullshit shoe box and rubber band thing we made as kids

pictures and sound would be better (another time)

Holy crap that's awesome, when are you making a Red Special? You got the skills for it.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Pretty much this LMAO

Meh. You can mock anything if you want. These guys come off like more animated versions of that comic book shop guy in the Simpsons to me. I enjoy the throwback stuff in Star Wars for the most part. The last few minutes of Mandalorian were worth the price of admission for me. To each their own.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Meh. You can mock anything if you want. These guys come off like more animated versions of that comic book shop guy in the Simpsons to me. I enjoy the throwback stuff in Star Wars for the most part. The last few minutes of Mandalorian were worth the price of admission for me. To each their own.

That video is a satire video from Redlettermedia anyway.

Reactions: JK3 and My3Sons

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

Like you said, or course to each their own. I liked some of the Mandalorian, mostly the first season but for the most part it was very meh for me. The stories were pretty shallow and bland and it relies too much on nostalgia. They milked the shit out of baby yoda, it got a bit repetitive and predicable after a while.

Seeing you know who again was pretty cool (in that moment I really enjoyed that) but what can they do now to top it or keep people interested? That being said the Star Wars universe has tons of fans and a built in audience that will see and like it no matter what they throw at you.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Yeah they are very fair with their reviews. They also just like to make fun of the super star wars fanboys that think Disney can do no wrong.

After the whole George Lucas stole my childhood rage are there any fans who aren't critical of various aspects of the Star Wars movies/games/shows/toys/apparel/apps/accessories/ lunch meat/haggis/books?

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
We finished What We Do in the Shadows. Really funny show and I can't wait for them to release more.

Now we're continuing with the Mandalorian, and starting Only Murders in the Building and Hacks. I've heard both are good.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
We finished What We Do in the Shadows. Really funny show and I can't wait for them to release more.

Now we're continuing with the Mandalorian, and starting Only Murders in the Building and Hacks. I've heard both are good.

I enjoyed Only Murders. I like Steve Martin and Martin Short and they’re good getting to be slightly ridiculous people rather than wildly over the top caricatures.

The mystery drives the plot but the fun is from the characters. I didn’t care about solving the mystery and just enjoyed the adventure. If you do like to solve mysteries though, the show does give you breadcrumbs ideas you want to play along.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I enjoyed Only Murders. I like Steve Martin and Martin Short and they’re good getting to be slightly ridiculous people rather than wildly over the top caricatures.

The mystery drives the plot but the fun is from the characters. I didn’t care about solving the mystery and just enjoyed the adventure. If you do like to solve mysteries though, the show does give you breadcrumbs ideas you want to play along.

We've liked it so far. Martin and Short are always funny no matter what. I have been pleasantly surprised by Selena Gomez too. I thought it was a weird choice to cast her at first, but her acting presence kind of works for the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad