Post-Game Talk: Commanders 20 Patriots 17: Maybe They’ll Just Stay in Germany?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Ju Ju
Parker
Agholar

Letting Myers go

Um let’s put him in Patriots HOF and call it a day

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
So, Mac should not throw the ball to his high-paid WR and hit him in the hands because he’s a half-step behind?

By that logic it was Jones’ fault that Reagor dropped that dime earlier, because he’s not a legit NFL receiver. Laugh

Jones has been at fault for a lot this year, but what are we doing here?
Seems fitting for the Patriots that his 'high paid wr' is the 32nd highest paid WR in the NFL.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
So, Mac should not throw the ball to his high-paid WR and hit him in the hands because he’s a half-step behind?

By that logic it was Jones’ fault that Reagor dropped that dime earlier, because he’s not a legit NFL receiver. Laugh

Don’t understand this excuse either. Looked like a big time throw there.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

The player garbage they surrounded Mac with fireable

Bill actually could have pulled it off with Myers Bourne & Henry - but he’s an egocentric Dick

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The player garbage they surrounded Mac with fireable

Bill actually could have pulled it off with Myers Bourne & Henry - but he’s an egocentric Dick
I have always been a Bill guy and I think it’s nonsense to believe that Brady or Bill would have would have won 6 without the other.
That said, I think the game has passed him by a bit and he needs to realize that he doesn’t have the GOAT at QB anymore.

Everything (rules) nowadays is geared towards offense. It’s extremely difficult to win with a Top D and average O. You need a good offense and a D that can make the timely stop. He can still pick the defensive guys, but his draft record on skill position players has been atrocious. This is also why even though I love Mayo, I want an offensively-oriented HC.

I think that you could win with Mac Jones as your QB, provided you gave him a good O line and receivers. Instead, they did the opposite. The line is awful, the receivers are awful and you wasted a year of Jones (and killed his confidence) with Patricia as the OC in a crucial development year.

I could give two sh*** about how Bill treats the media or his surly nature, but he needs to be fired because he doesn’t seem to recognize the game has changed and that an organization’s team building strategy needs to change as well.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
I don’t have an issue with them not signing Hopkins because the line has been so bad, I don’t think he would have made much of a difference.
It's not about a single missing piece, it's about putting the team and players in a position to compete. They had the cap space for him and he wanted to come here, they just gave him the typical "you're lucky to play in this organization" lowball offer. Except no one is going to take those deals anymore.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This team isn't winning with Mac Jones. He needs to be gone and the sooner the better.
Don’t blame Jones for being what he is, a cerebral QB with no “escapability” that needs a solid line and good receivers. It’s no mystery what Jones was/is.

Blame the guys that constructed the team around him. Look at Tua with a good offensive HC and a couple of legit WR’s. Jones had a better line and receivers at Alabama than he does in New England

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
It's not about a single missing piece, it's about putting the team and players in a position to compete. They had the cap space for him and he wanted to come here, they just gave him the typical "you're lucky to play in this organization" lowball offer. Except no one is going to take those deals anymore.
Bingo.

And to fix this team, we're gonna need to sign and draft players. We're not that team that players are clamoring to come to.

It's gonna be a LOT of work. Bill isn't the guy for that.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It IS about a single missing piece when you are talking about an older WR like Hopkins. If the Pats had a good line and a legit WR1 and they wanted D-Hop as the “final piece” to put them over the top. On this team, he makes little to no difference.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Don’t blame Jones for being what he is, a cerebral QB with no “escapability” that needs a solid line and good receivers. It’s no mystery what Jones was/is.

Blame the guys that constructed the team around him. Look at Tua with a good offensive HC and a couple of legit WR’s. Jones had a better line and receivers at Alabama than he does in New England
He's not cerebral and not accurate enough to make up for the list of deficiencies he has. Im excited for the draft

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Bingo.

And to fix this team, we're gonna need to sign and draft players. We're not that team that players are clamoring to come to.

It's gonna be a LOT of work. Bill isn't the guy for that.
I don’t would try to deal Bill to a team like the Chargers, who have talent, but need an above average coach. They could probably get a decent pick for him.

He's not cerebral and not accurate enough to make up for the list of deficiencies he has. Im excited for the draft
This is speculation. We will never know now because they refused to put talent around him (like any sane football organization does when they draft a QB with a 1st round pick).

Reactions: Mione134
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad