Post-Game Talk: Commanders 20 Patriots 17: Maybe They’ll Just Stay in Germany?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Bill got Mac his OC, and he still has underperformed. He's capable of playing well (showed it last game), but he's a primadonna. The Patriots aren't smart players and aren't good enough to overcome self-inflicted mistakes.

I would rather watch a team that directly snaps to a RB every play, but the offensive line is horrible.

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I don't blame Jones for the pick. That is on Juju for not being able to separate
. However, I have gone from a moderate Jones supporter to a serious detractor. He cant throw outside the numbers often. He turns down open receivers for reasons known only to him, and he constantly pouts about it.
He can’t throw and he makes poor decisions. Bad attributes for a QB.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Guy is a complete shithead and should be released tonight. He ain't worth the trouble. But we're in the ball-less stage of the Bill Belichick era where he can't possibly have any faith in his job security. And what if Kraft is at the point where he's not letting Bill make any big decisions?
Belicheck can't bench the whole team. That's on him though for choosing these players.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Bill got Mac his OC, and he still has underperformed. He's capable of playing well (showed it last game), but he's a primadonna. The Patriots aren't smart players and aren't good enough to overcome self-inflicted mistakes.

I would rather watch a team that directly snaps to a RB every play, but the offensive line is horrible.
You literally say the offensive line is horrible, so how do you expect any quarterback to be successful with a shit o line? Second year in a row to boot…

Reactions: DKH

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Considering this team is nowhere near being a contender I am fine with bringing Mac back next year with a new head coach. But I also think they should draft another QB. Start Mac and let the other guy sit for a while. See if a new coach can get anything out of Mac.
Boom - exactly and if they suck enough to be able to grab one of big 3 you have to think about selecting him

Jones or Belichick?
Bill

Reactions: rfournier103

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Belichick is the guy who can afford prime cut beef but buys select because he doesn’t want to spend extra money and thinks he can ‘cook it up’

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Can Kraft offer Caserio some Godfather type offer and promotion to come back here. Guy found his QB and the Texans are gonna take off.
Stroud got me 41.8 points in FF today - he looks like he has it. I like Caserio drafts especially 2022.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Where do you think they finish?

I’ll say 5-12.

I don’t see the Giants winning another game all season.

I don’t see New England ranking. They’ll probably win at least one more game that they shouldn’t and watch them finish outside the bottom 5 in terms of draft positioning.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
That’s called arrogance and is clearly erroneous of him to think he can coach a goddam thing up given his record minus Brady.
And people drank the Kool Aid.

Felger went on and on about how Belichick was good enough to go 10-6 and make the playoffs with Brian Hoyer under center.

The body of work shows beyond a reasonable doubt that no, that’s not the case.

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
You literally say the offensive line is horrible, so how do you expect any quarterback to be successful with a shit o line? Second year in a row to boot…
Because that's assuming under the perfect scenario, Mac Jones is part of the solution. In my opinion, Belicheck and Mac Jones aren't.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Felger went on and on about how Belichick was good enough to go 10-6 and make the playoffs with Brian Hoyer under center.

Bill, minus the greats quarterback of all time covering up his drafting and coaching mistakes, is a loser. He’s got a losing record in Cleveland and in New England without Brady. And the irony is that the same issues he had in Cleveland are going on here. He hasn’t learned a thing or grown at all. He’s the same small, petty, arrogant, loser he was all those years ago.

Because that's assuming under the perfect scenario, Mac Jones is part of the solution. In my opinion, Belicheck and Mac Jones aren't.
I don’t think anyone thinks Mac is part of any solution here at this point. Now I’d say the only question is whether he is this bad or did Bill f*** him up with his nonsense and ineptitude last year and this year?

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY

2008 went okay in the regular season with Cassel.

Reactions: Walkenthewalk

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I don’t think anyone thinks Mac is part of any solution here at this point. Now I’d say the only question is whether he is this bad or did Bill f*** him up with his nonsense and ineptitude last year and this year?
Mac Jones isn't this bad, but I don't think he's good enough at his best to get the Patriots to a Superbowl. In my opinion, the locker room is split between old guard and new guard. Only solution I see is to start fresh with a coach coming from outside of the organization.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Mac Jones isn't this bad, but I don't think he's good enough at his best to get the Patriots to a Superbowl. In my opinion, the locker room is split between old guard and new guard. Only solution I see is to start fresh with a coach coming from outside of the organization.
Mac Jones is this bad though. Since the Buffalo game his rookie year he averages 208 yards per game while having 32 touchdowns, 27 interceptions and 4 fumbles. He had a nice run in the middle of his rookie year but has been a bad qb the rest of his time in the league. If they have even just an average qb like Derek Carr, they win today, beat the Raiders and might even have beat the Dolphins in the home game. They are 4-5 or 5-4 with better qb play.

Every pass catcher besides Kendrick Bourne the Patriots have given Mac Jones gets worse when they have him throwing them the ball to them. Jonnu Smith is just the latest guy to be solid elsewhere, come here and suck then leave and get better. 8 games into his Falcons career and he's already got more catches and yards than he did with Mac a his qb. If you want to move on from the coach fine, but the qb is the bigger problem. One of the worst starters in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad