Post-Game Talk: Commanders 20 Patriots 17: Maybe They’ll Just Stay in Germany?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
I don’t would try to deal Bill to a team like the Chargers, who have talent, but need an above average coach. They could probably get a decent pick for him.

This is speculation. We will never know now because they refused to put talent around him (like any sane football organization does when they draft a QB with a 1st round pick).
Its not speculation. We can actually watch him. He's not good enough. He misses open throws with no pressure. Plenty of D3 QBs can hit open receivers with no pressure.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Blaming Mac seems stupid, it should be 100 percent on JuJu. Sure it was a bad area and high risk but he made the throw perfectly and it couldn’t have been better placed. Throw the ball away? Now it’s 3rd and 8 and what confidence do you have that this incompetent team gets ten yards in the next two plays?

Anyway, good loss

Reactions: Mione134

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I don’t get all this “trade Bill” shit. Who the hell would want him? Great coach when he has the GOAT at QB, but his record is rather pedestrian otherwise.

To be fair, George Halas had Sid Lukman. Lombardi had Starr. Noll had Bradshaw. Walsh had Montana. Landry had Staubach. Brown had Graham. And Shula had Unitas, Griese, AND Marino (THREE Hall of Famers!). I don’t have the time to look at their exact records without their HOF QBs vs. with, but I know it’s a lot easier to win with a superstar QB than without.

The problem with Belichick is that wherever he goes, he will want absolute control over everything football-related. If the 2020-present Patriots are any indicator of how THAT will go, I’d say that would be a terrible idea. There’s no GOAT to save Bill’s ass anymore, and anyone who knows anything about football can see that. Maybe the Patriots can find a taker for this hooded albatross of theirs, but I will be shocked if there is anything close to a decent return coming back to Foxborough.

Is it too early to start talking about who the NEXT General Manager of the New England Patriots is going to be?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The game wasn't Mac's fault. He still sucks though. But it wasn't his fault.

They're tanking this year, it's clear. I don't even care about what Bill's doing this year, it's a tank. With a better roster built in free agency and a top-3 pick (hopefully at QB), I'm fine with him coaching the team next year. Maybe they should get a Pioli-type to help him select players, but overall I don't want him fired. Going 3-14 is the plan this year.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The game wasn't Mac's fault. He still sucks though. But it wasn't his fault.

They're tanking this year, it's clear. I don't even care about what Bill's doing this year, it's a tank. With a better roster built in free agency and a top-3 pick (hopefully at QB), I'm fine with him coaching the team next year. Maybe they should get a Pioli-type to help him select players, but overall I don't want him fired. Going 3-14 is the plan this year.
You want him back?

Do you really think he’ll surrender ANY control over personnel to anyone? I don’t want Belichick making any personnel decisions. Especially with a top-3 pick. He’d probably use it on another kicker that will be released after training camp. I’m over Bill the GM.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I don’t get all this “trade Bill” shit. Who the hell would want him? Great coach when he has the GOAT at QB, but his record is rather pedestrian otherwise.

To be fair, George Halas had Sid Lukman. Lombardi had Starr. Noll had Bradshaw. Walsh had Montana. Landry had Staubach. Brown had Graham. And Shula had Unitas, Griese, AND Marino (THREE Hall of Famers!). I don’t have the time to look at their exact records without their HOF QBs vs. with, but I know it’s a lot easier to win with a superstar QB than without.

The problem with Belichick is that wherever he goes, he will want absolute control over everything football-related. If the 2020-present Patriots are any indicator of how THAT will go, I’d say that would be a terrible idea. There’s no GOAT to save Bill’s ass anymore, and anyone who knows anything about football can see that. Maybe the Patriots can find a taker for this hooded albatross of theirs, but I will be shocked if there is anything close to a decent return coming back to Foxborough.

Is it too early to start talking about who the NEXT General Manager of the New England Patriots is going to be?
I think somebody will take him, despite evidence that he is a mediocre Gm and only a moderately successful coach without Brady.

Reactions: rfournier103

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I wouldn’t offer to pick up Mac 5th year but get rid of Belichick and draft and spend on offensive talent and play out Final year

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Its not speculation. We can actually watch him. He's not good enough. He misses open throws with no pressure. Plenty of D3 QBs can hit open receivers with no pressure.
The defense, which is supposed to be the strength of the team, couldn't get off the field on third down all game long. They got lit up by a dude that is absolute trash for over 300 yards. What quarterback is going to stop the defense from sucking?

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I don't blame Jones for the pick. That is on Juju for not being able to separate
. However, I have gone from a moderate Jones supporter to a serious detractor. He cant throw outside the numbers often. He turns down open receivers for reasons known only to him, and he constantly pouts about it.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The defense, which is supposed to be the strength of the team, couldn't get off the field on third down all game long. They got lit up by a dude that is absolute trash for over 300 yards. What quarterback is going to stop the defense from sucking?
Washington tanking against a guy scratching and clawing for wins and the Patriots couldn’t get it done

Juju gotta catch that ball - he’s not invested

Myers another TD

We all appreciate the 6 SB but he’s ruined this team and needs to own up to his you are what your record says you are

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Reading Globe report speculating he doesn’t win in Germany and look good doing it he’s going to be replaced

• Love
Reactions: LSCII

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
None. Thats not the point. The QB can only execute his job. Mac is below average in accuracy, recognition, and arm strength. Im not blaming him for the defense.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Mac a mess and likely need to go in new direction but he’s got one more year on ELC so give him last 7 games and next season with different voice

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Mac a mess and likely need to go in new direction but he’s got one more year on ELC so give him last 7 games and next season with different voice
Considering this team is nowhere near being a contender I am fine with bringing Mac back next year with a new head coach. But I also think they should draft another QB. Start Mac and let the other guy sit for a while. See if a new coach can get anything out of Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad