Post-Game Talk: Cole's Minus/Minus Thread: The Pens duck a win to continue their impressive streak!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I don't post much but have always enjoyed the Penguins chats because there are a lot of level-headed, knowledgeable posters here. But I have noticed more over-reaction to individual games than I used to, along with more knee-jerk negativity. No biggie, carry on.
you mean afterthe first five game losing streak in over 9 years, wonder why

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
NO BUT Sheary sucking is

I don’t think Sheary has sucked, but it is frustrating how often he falls. I’ve never seen a player fall so often, to the point it’s comical.

Last game he had a chance for an easy 2-1 when the game was only 1-0 and he of course fell down and the Kings player was able to get the puck.

He’s making nice plays with Crosby and Zucker.... but if I recall from his last stint, he did a lot of that as well to, but nothing usually ever came of it.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Oh Boy sure am looking forward to an 8 game losing streak after doing the job to San Jose tonight then lying down against Buffalo again, and then Washington after that.

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
To be fair, I'm pretty confident Kahun wouldn't have fit with Crosby either. He's a line driver that wants to carry the puck, and that just doesn't work on a line with Crosby or Malkin. I don't see a problem in that they traded Kahun, the part to criticize is what they targeted as the return for Kahun. In Pittsburgh, Kahun was never going to be more than a 3rd line and he was going to want a lot of money this off-season.
OK Cool Trade him But don't get Sheary

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You mean without right :)

To be fair, Tanev does only have 1 in the 6.5 games since ZAR got hurt, so maybe you're on to something :laugh:

Tanev had 8 points in the previous 26.5 games before ZAR got hurt, which is pretty much a 25 point pace per 82 games. That's alright for a 3rd liner, but you want to see him closer to 30 or 35 points per 82 games with the usage he has gotten. His analytics haven't been good in the last 2.5 months and ZAR's analytics away from Tanev are actually substantially better than both Tanev's analytics away from ZAR and their analytics as a duo.

I think Tanev has limited offensive tools beyond his speed, so if he's not playing with guys who can generate some offense, I think he's going to seriously struggle to produce.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
you mean afterthe first five game losing streak in over 9 years, wonder why

Then again this place is all doom and gloom even after a one game losing "streak". Actually, most of the time half the posts are complaints even after a win. :)

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I like Crosby and Sullivan but the problem is:

This is the year you can’t cater to Crosby above everyone else. You deny it has happened in the past I don’t care, bottom line Crosby gets the top minutes, the preferred linemates, the special teams positional preference, the critical faceoffs, the last minutes of the game. That can’t happen this year. This year was about Geno taking hold of this team in Sid’s absence after a terrible year. He was among the top 3 players in the league when Sid was out and he has been chomping at the bit to maintain it since Sid returned. But he’s being played like he’s #2 even though Sid is not the same player right now. Sullivan has to stop playing by old rules. This year is different. Stack Malkin’s line and let him go. Unfortunately he won’t because he has a massive ego that is getting worse and Malkin just isn’t a good old North American boy. Take that how you want to.

Sullivan’s downfall is his ego. He’s great and has a ton of attributes that we need and that have contributed incredibly to our success, but pride is a poison that has the potential to erase everything else. His weird bias for certain players is bizarre and hurts the team every game. Trotman is not an NHL player. ZAR is not an NHL player. Sheary and Simon do not belong anywhere near Crosby. Rust on his off wing to make room for Hornqvist is insane after the year Rust has had. Rust isn’t the same player. Tanev is wasted on the third line in a bizarre display of Sullivan’s attachment to plugger lines. JJ doesn’t belong anywhere near Letang. The bias to Murray and refusal to go with the best guy has resulted in Jarry losing confidence and looking average, I can’t blame him, our goalie situation is all about Sullivan hoping Murray will take back the spot instead of playing the best player. Stop catering to Crosby. Stop talking about playing your best players and do it.

Sullivan always blames the players and almost never himself. The greats don’t do that. As a player there has to be a direct line between your play and whether you get to play. When there isn’t, it breaks the confidence you have in leadership. At that point it isn’t about the best player it’s about who the coach likes. You can’t win like that. Since 2017 it’s gotten worse. Since Crosby got back it’s snowballed.
what?????Sully blames players always...is this somekind quantum multiple worlds reality

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I bet if he got his wubby (Simon) back he would magically perk up. Sid is all about comfort and not having things around him change. That's why you are automatically going to see Jake play with him once he is fully healthy and ready to go. I would be willing to bet a lot of real or fake money that Sid would instantly look better if the lines were

Simon Sid Sheary
Zucker Malkin Rust
Marleau McCann Hornqvist
ERod Bleuger Tanev

And no this isn't me taking a shot at Zucker because I really loved that deal and think he is a great fit here, I just think Sid is way too picky and if something doesn't click immediately he isn't comfortable and it throws him off
I'd play Lafferty instead of ERod other than that thats perfect lineup

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Getting to red alert at this point...as I said previously, if the Isles win at home this pm against the B’s, who are so far ahead they have nothing to play for, and we lose to the Sharks, we’ll be dropping into a WC spot tonight...from first in the Metro to a WC in two weeks,..yikes

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Getting to red alert at this point...as I said previously, if the Isles win at home this pm against the B’s, who are so far ahead they have nothing to play for, and we lose to the Sharks, we’ll be dropping into a WC spot tonight...from first in the Metro to a WC in two weeks,..yikes

Andy don’t lie, you’ve been at red alert since Christmas. :laugh:

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
We lost five games in a row literally last season.

per the Trib

65B6D638-212B-4998-8565-1B3A1C5EBAC8.jpeg

Reactions: pensfansince88

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I say OCD

OCD or picky whichever way you want to frame it it's a pretty big issue because he never lets anything develop chemistry. If it doesn't click right away he just isn't comfortable and then it gets tossed aside. Like Emp said you might as well just put Zucker Malkin Rust together now and let that line try and click because Zucker has a 0% of playing with Sid past this season, if it even lasts that long. No one should be surprised if we see Simon Sid Sheary in the near future because I would almost guarantee it happens

Reactions: OswaldBates

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
To be fair, Tanev does only have 1 in the 6.5 games since ZAR got hurt, so maybe you're on to something :laugh:

Tanev had 8 points in the previous 26.5 games before ZAR got hurt, which is pretty much a 25 point pace per 82 games. That's alright for a 3rd liner, but you want to see him closer to 30 or 35 points per 82 games with the usage he has gotten. His analytics haven't been good in the last 2.5 months and ZAR's analytics away from Tanev are actually substantially better than both Tanev's analytics away from ZAR and their analytics as a duo.

I think Tanev has limited offensive tools beyond his speed, so if he's not playing with guys who can generate some offense, I think he's going to seriously struggle to produce.
he is who he is, but ability to change momentum and hustle game in game out covers for everything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad