Post-Game Talk: Cole's Minus/Minus Thread: The Pens duck a win to continue their impressive streak!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Oh god everybody is ignoring everybody now.

This feels like the equivalent of a 1st grader saying "you're not invited to my birthday party anymore" :laugh:

Well you’re not invited anymore Emp. I don’t care how cool your Pokémon cards are ;)

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Oh god everybody is ignoring everybody now.

This feels like the equivalent of a 1st grader saying "you're not invited to my birthday party anymore" :laugh:

yeah ignoring should be reserved for the most obnoxious trolls... and even they serve a purpose in crafting opinions.... shutting off people because they disagree with your personal viewpoints is quite immature...

hey some guys want us to go big and beefy, others want more skill, some are optimistic and others the sky is falling... whatever... its a huge fanbase and a lot of opinions are out there... lol

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Well you’re not invited anymore Emp. I don’t care how cool your Pokémon cards are ;)

Fun fact, I got in trouble in 3rd grade for bringing Pokemon cards into school :laugh:

The principal took them and I never got them back. I think one of the cards I lost was an Articuno card.

Reactions: ownal

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
ugh so i've been unable to watch the last few games, which is probably good. but just watched the highlights of the last game. Can we please never have Trotman on the ice for the big pens again? He was flat out brutal.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Team looked trash but im not really concerned how they look when theyre down 2 top-4 D. Lets see what happens when the D gets healthy

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
yeah ignoring should be reserved for the most obnoxious trolls... and even they serve a purpose in crafting opinions.... shutting off people because they disagree with your personal viewpoints is quite immature...

hey some guys want us to go big and beefy, others want more skill, some are optimistic and others the sky is falling... whatever... its a huge fanbase and a lot of opinions are out there... lol

Shutting off people because they disagree is not why I put people on ignore. Some posters are so out there in their behavior that I choose not to listen and spend time considering it. If I have an obnoxious neighbor constantly loudly spewing complete garbage I’m gonna shut the window, not invite them to my table. Life is too short to entertain every piece of foolery.

Reactions: ncm7772

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
People are holding a lot of hope that Dumo and Marino turn this team around...they’ll help but other things need to change too, including getting to the net and shooting more...otherwise it won’t matter

LunaticFringe

May 28, 2008
Team has serious issues on defense, and Trotman doesn’t count as NHL depth, JR.

But.. by and large they are still in a slump, and unlucky.

Also, it needs to be said again, you ain’t winning shit with the recent save percentages being put up.

So, let me ask this question. Are you saying you think this game was on Matt Murray? After allowing 3 goals, 2 of which went off of his own defenseman (Trotman), and I agree with your comment about him BTW. Besides, every once in a while it would be nice if our forwards would score more than 3 goals in a game to help their goalies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Ya, no clue what’s going on there, but it’s very odd.

Playing Trotman absolutely cost them the game yesterday. It’s comical a few people don’t seem to understand that though.

He had two brutal giveaways that you are taught in squirt never to do, and seconds later the puck was in the net both times.

On the first goal he had an easy strong side outlet to Malkin and instead threw it cross ice to no one and a Duck player picked it off the boards... goal.

On the second goal Trotman blindly swatted it up the middle of the ice on his backhand in a total panic... goal.

Sullivan’s decision to play Trotman cost them the game, there is no way around the obvious.

Trotman is a defenseman who can fill in for a game or two. He's being utilized way over his skill level right now.

Reactions: KIRK

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Colorado, St Louis, Boston and Washington have all lost five games in a row this season. Tampa is on their way to doing it.

Yea, I get this post... reality check.

But a question, would you take the Pens in a 7 game series lined up against any of those teams?

Colorado is my Pick in the West
Not sure I get St. Louis..... I guess clutch goaltending and a great system
Boston looks to me the most complete team
Tampa would be my second most complete team
Washington would be my third

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Sullivan won't be fired during the season. But any hope of winning the Jack Adams is gone. And his seat is blazing hot if the Penguins don't get past the first round. If they miss the postseason all together, I could see him getting fired. This team has declined since the last cup.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yea, I get this post... reality check.

But a question, would you take the Pens in a 7 game series lined up against any of those teams?

Colorado is my Pick in the West
Not sure I get St. Louis..... I guess clutch goaltending and a great system
Boston looks to me the most complete team
Tampa would be my second most complete team
Washington would be my third

With our D healthy? Absolutely.

Tampa and Washington’s D is complete ass. Our team is built for the playoffs.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad