Confirmed Trade: [COL/BUF] Casey Mittelstadt for Bowen Byram

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
1709755784074.png

Last edited:

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I just see Byram as a D-man with too high a ceiling to risk dealing for Mittlestadt

Byram has had absurd amount of injuries and has been held behind Makar + Toews but is still top 4D man and hes only 23 or so

I think Sabres will get the best out of Byram and he will be with them at a good deal if they offer him an extension before he can really break out
23 is usually the age where players are what they are, Byram is a 3rd pair D with offensive talents

• Haha
Reactions: The Kingslayer

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Must say I didn’t see that coming. Makes sense for Buffalo to move a centre with Thompson and Cozens signed long-term. Byram is great but has those concussion problems so hopefully he stays healthy. If Buffalo solve their goaltending (e.g. Saros), then they might a team to watch in the East.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
The Avs got Buffalos leading scorer to play as their 2nd line center.

They gave up an offensive defensmen who has a career high 24 points last season and has played 146 games in 4 years. Forget about how much he has to work on his defensive game.

Yah it's a bad trade....for Buffalo.
Bo is fine defensively. He takes penalties but the skill set and size to play well defensively is there.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Colorado knows more about Byram than anyone else. They work closely with him everyday and have their doctors monitoring his concussion issues and know it is time to move on from him. This will be a massive steal for the avalanche.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
LMAO, this makes NO sense for Buffalo. Wtf are they doing???

Buffalo is stacked at the forward position.

They have Ostlund, Kulich, Savoie, Wahlberg who can step in next year and potentially play 3 C.

They are taking a flyer on a good young defenseman.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
So I guess Mittelstadt is really just the 19pt player he was at 23. This actually makes me feel better about the trade.
Yeah, I think Bowen is fantastic. Also a fan favorite. His antics after we won the cup were so much fun. Kid is a good time and a good player and will be a good player for the Sabres too. Both players are in spots where they can grow and get better and I think this is beneficial trade for both teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad