Confirmed Trade: [COL/BUF] Casey Mittelstadt for Bowen Byram

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
t
Considering he's an RFA I think they're going to see how he fits in first.
trading byram makes it seem like they are already committed. the sooner the better imo, i think his numbers are going to get even better.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
If Byram was the top option offensively, he'd be hitting 60 pts while being solid defensively. This is a drew doughty type.
If Byram was the top option offensively on Colorado they would be at the bottom of their division instead of legit cup contender.

Never have I ever in watching Bowen Byram play have I thought gee he plays like Drew Doughty. I would guess that most hockey fans would agree.

But I guess every teams board has to have a few of "those" fans.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Potential is nice but for a young player that is already leading his team in points it's a big win.
Casey is not that young on the Sabres… And honestly, he’s only leading the team in scoring because everyone else is having a down here that is good. He was definitely the third center and there was no way they are going to pay him when they have so many other prospects in the coppers and krebs ready to fill that role. As an FYI… Two years ago he was a total Bust

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Looks like Buffalo wasn't willing to pay CM what he wanted and see others as better top6 options at C Thompson Cozens specifically and have other coming along. Getting Byram was probably the best asset return as a 22yr old cost controlled with top2/3 capabilities is worth a lot.

Looks like an immediate win for COL as they back fill for Byram still have Girard and Mittlestadt should be a MASSIVE upgrade at 2C from RyJo who was washed.

Longer term getting Byram was big and the Sabres have plenty of suiters to fill the CM vacancy

Like it for both teams if Buffalo can get their core straightened out. They definitely needed another D

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Does Buffalo look to move Owen Power in the summer? Got to think you could swap for an impact righty. I know good players make it work but all of your top 4 being left handed can't be ideal.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
If Byram was the top option offensively on Colorado they would be at the bottom of their division instead of legit cup contender.

Never have I ever in watching Bowen Byram play have I thought gee he plays like Drew Doughty. I would guess that most hockey fans would agree.

But I guess every teams board has to have a few of "those" fans.
Exaxtly
Man people still have false hopes on him because he is a former 4OA pick and we all know how much this board loves potential and magic beans

The reality is that he’s too banged up already at age 22, if he’s on your top pair then you are likely not a very good team

AVS got hosed. My condolences to Avalanche fans.

Byram is a #1 defenseman on most teams. You dangle Byram and you can't even get Cozens?

Girard for Middlestadt should have been enough.
Example ^

Reactions: Go Wings

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Such a bad trade for Sabres, another LHD? Doesn't look nearly as effective on the right side either. Along with being a band-aid boy. But if that's the best offer that was out there....

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
AVS got hosed. My condolences to Avalanche fans.

Byram is a #1 defenseman on most teams. You dangle Byram and you can't even get Cozens?

Girard for Middlestadt should have been enough.
They didn't dude. You gotta update your information beyond 2022. It's two years later.

Byram has not been the same player since their Cup run. Not even close. He's been kinda bad this season. He's not a 1D right now, and his injury history might just prevent him from ever getting back to that level of play.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Sucks to lose Byram due to that sweet sweet potential and swagger, but he was stuck behind too many guys and never took another step forward after the Cup run. Hopefully he can regain that confidence for Buffalo.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Does Buffalo look to move Owen Power in the summer? Got to think you could swap for an impact righty. I know good players make it work but all of your top 4 being left handed can't be ideal.
I mean he's only 21, giving up on 1OA that early would be a mistake unless you got back someone similar in age and hype, which when narrowed down to RHD, is about no one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad