Confirmed Trade: [COL/BUF] Casey Mittelstadt for Bowen Byram

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Smart of Buffalo to sell high on Mittelstadt and buy low on Byram.

Wonder what this means for Samuelsson who just got that fat contract extension. Trade bait for a veteran forward?
Nah.

Probably looking at

Byram-Dahlin
Power-Samuelsson

Jokiharju is the one most likely to be traded.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
60 point center sounds a lot more like a 2C. What 3C in the league is putting up that kind of production?
He is clearly not better than Thompson, and Cozens has much higher upside. 3C on the Sabres (He has not been playing as 3C most of the season due to various reasons).

Reactions: Perry Tegula

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
My neutral fan perspective is that this is disastrous for Buffalo.

If you looked at the Sabres and thought "this team needs another fledgling LD who is learning how to think the defensive side of the game" then I could see how you'd disagree. But it looks to me like they just traded their top forward for a redundant part.

I like it for Colorado. They needed a 2C and they got a very good 2C. I'm not sure how good of a playoff piece he'll be.
They need to load up on defensive RD to partner them with otherwise this deal makes no sense.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Great trade for the Avs, love Bo and I hope he thrives from the change of scenery. Injury history is just a little too worrisome to value him the same as he was during the cup run.

Reactions: missionAvs

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Good trade for both teams. I think Casey is a little better right now but Byram has a little more to show.

It's just really tough to gauge how good Byram can be. Honestly he's not THAT skilled at least by today's standards for skilled defencemen and his reads are often off in his own end. Fantastic skater though and plays with a chip on his shoulder. He needs some good coaching.

If there’s one thing Buffalo doesn’t have to offer, it’s that. I also think you’re underestimating how good Mitts is right now and how little the Sabres needed another LHD. We swapped our best forward this season for a kid who’s going to be stuck on our 3rd pairing with no PP time.

Reactions: Tralfamadore

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Are the Sabres moving on from Power or Dahlin? Byram is another LSD who needs PP time.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
He is clearly not better than Thompson, and Cozens has much higher upside. 3C on the Sabres (He has not been playing as 3C most of the season due to various reasons).
Sorry, I thought you meant he was a 2C on COL

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Drouin-MacKinnon-Nichushkin

Lehkonen-Mittelstadt-Rantanen

Wood-Colton-LOC

Cogliano-Olofsson-Parise

Toews-Makar
Girard-Manson
JJ/Malinski-Walker

Georgiev

Something like this?

If Landeskog also comes back then you’re talking a roster with overall depth that would rival what they had when they won the Cup a couple years ago.

Reactions: MoreLikeTurdCrapley

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Buffalo need another top 10 pick in the draft that they can toss away...this team is a joke!

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Such a bad trade for Buffalo, their value is pretty similar but Mittelstadt is one of the few players on the team who is actually able to play effective hockey. What a terrible day.

Mittelstadt is going to be a star for Colorado.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I know point watching Mitts is on top, but he is clearly their third center long term. All around solid 60 point player who wants 7m as 3C is a tough ask.
$7m? nah. He wouldn't have gone to COL then. Unless they are just going to see what happens in arbitration.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Damn Avs going for it if they win the Cup every team will want to trade with Buffalo...Eichel Vegas a cup now this one...Think Sabres could have done better over summer wasn't he an rfa?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Your knowledge of both players obviously stuck at 5 years ago
I just see Byram as a D-man with too high a ceiling to risk dealing for Mittlestadt

Byram has had absurd amount of injuries and has been held behind Makar + Toews but is still top 4D man and hes only 23 or so

I think Sabres will get the best out of Byram and he will be with them at a good deal if they offer him an extension before he can really break out

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
You can tell this is a bad trade for the Sabres because the avs fans' response is "well he has potential, it sucks to lose him but we need the 2c" and sabres fans' response is to call for Adams' head.
Sabres fans rage at damn nearly any trade, it is not an indication of anything. They melted down at acquiring greenway

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
The TSN Deadline Show on Friday is gonna be boring again. Everything happening earlier.

Reactions: Eegs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad