Confirmed Trade: [COL/ARI] Darcy Kuemper ($1M ret.) for Connor Timmins, '22 1st, and '24 cond. 3rd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I’m fine with the trade if Sakic uses the cap space. He’s getting Kuemper at 3M vs Grubauer at 6M. Now he has about 6-7M to add another player.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
You better pray that Kuemper is as good as Grubauer was for you guys and that you re-sign him.

Otherwise you've thrown away a 1 st and a good, young D-man for a rental goalie.

Can any Avs fan explain why they let Grubauer go? His deal was fair... wtf?

Grubs wasn't anything special, he's going to be exposed in Seattle. He's a decent starting goalie, but he relies way too much on position and has zero glove. I have no qualms with letting Gru walk for that price.

However, Sakic misplayed his hand. There was plenty of other options he could've went with that would've costed a lot less than a 1st + Timmins.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Holy crap did Sakic screw up this offseason...

What a horrible, utterly awful trade.
Ignores context, there’s goalie demand and few worthwhile goalies left before you get deep into ‘iffy’ territory. Leverage is a thing in trades. If Colorado waits maybe Oilers or someone trade, then the Avs risk being left with no legit started,THEN he’d have screwed up

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
If the Avs relinquished Timmins to the Yotes then I wish him well. I truly believe Timmins is a legit 2nd pairing D-man. He strikes me as having a cerebral element to his game and he makes timely, simple plays and has some offensive skill. Anyway, Yotes got a really good one.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Ignores context, there’s goalie demand and few worthwhile goalies left before you get deep into ‘iffy’ territory. Leverage is a thing in trades

I mean the context is Sakic waited way too long for Grubauer and then was left without a backup plan and made a completely awful panic trade..

Thats on Sakic messing up.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
People attacking Sakic for this..what's the alternative after Grubauer moved on? Go into a cup window with Francouz and Jonas Johansson? Maybe go after a CBJ goalie?

A starting goalie is much more important than a late 1st and Timmons to their future.

Reactions: avsfan9

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

wait, what the hell were the Oilers offering? Because I assume they would be dumping Koskinen too. That would be a crazy package considering what he went for in the end

Reactions: Stubu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad