Confirmed Trade: [COL/ARI] Darcy Kuemper ($1M ret.) for Connor Timmins, '22 1st, and '24 cond. 3rd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
So if Kuemper has a good season, he's gonna demand more than 5.9 per... Sakic let's him walk?

Or signs him to a deal more than 5.9

Bizzare

I woulda preferred signing my Vezina finalist to a steal of a deal of 5.9 per and kept my 1st and Timmins

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I literally have no idea how GMs value goalies or do asset management. Fleury is free, let Grubauer walk, trade a 1st for Kuemper, Jones gets a 2M deal. What is this madness

This is a man completely misplaying a situation and getting robbed blind in a complete panic trade when he was left without a goalie on a team that is supposed to be contending.

This is just one guy really badly screwing up. Nothing more to it. Sakic has done a great job for the Avs. But he is having his worst day on the job in a long, long, long time today.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Kuemper had a save % over .920 in 3 of the last 4 seasons, so it's possible the Avs were targeting him all along?

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
bill armstrong is doing a good job getting picks for the rebuild now have some good scouts and development people
Smaller market teams should always be stocked with picks from taking dumps & trading non core players when the UFA bill comes due.

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Great return for Arizona, they did extremely well here, but why is everyone saying L for the Avs?

They are chasing the cup, their window is now, they can't afford for goaltending to be a weakness while loaded everywhere else. What's a very late 1st and an (albeit very good) prospect to them right now and for the next few years? Had to be done

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
I literally have no idea how GMs value goalies or do asset management. Fleury is free, let Grubauer walk, trade a 1st for Kuemper, Jones gets a 2M deal. What is this madness
this-isnt-madness-0f2cdc87b5.jpg

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
A 1st and Timmins? How? I can't believe the first round pick , but Timmins too who was trending in the right direction after all the health stuff?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
It’s expensive, but Kuemper is great when he’s been healthy. It’s good for both teams. Avs couldn’t go into a season in which they view themselves as Cup contenders with all of their goaltending hopes on Francouz. He’s been good in limited duty, but still a question mark.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Great return for Arizona, they did extremely well here, but why is everyone saying L for the Avs?

They are chasing the cup, their window is now, they can't afford for goaltending to be a weakness while loaded everywhere else. What's a very late 1st and an (albeit very good) prospect to them right now and for the next few years? Had to be done

More less a situation of already having a top goalie that they coulda signed long term for a good amount

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
Ya seems like a weird move tbh... i honestly wonder how much difference it woulda taken to get Gibson... and just sure up the goalie w/ their core.
Would have had to been newhook + Timmins +1st it sounds like. Unfortunately the avs can’t afford to lose newhook. They need him to help out with center depth post Kadri.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014

They basically gave up a 1st round + a good prospect in Timmins as the season went on he was better and wasn’t physically intimidated by Vegas in the playoffs. To trade for a goalie that’s signed 1 year with injury issues also considering our backup hasn’t been playing for a whole year. That’s a big gamble there.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
You better pray that Kuemper is as good as Grubauer was for you guys and that you re-sign him.

Otherwise you've thrown away a 1 st and a good, young D-man for a rental goalie.

Can any Avs fan explain why they let Grubauer go? His deal was fair... wtf?

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Yeah Sakic definitely overplayed his hand and got caught with his pants down. There's no way meeting Grubauer's demands wouldn't have been better than paying this package for another pending UFA. When the musical chairs stopped there was really only one option for a proven starter, Coyotes had all the leverage.

Coyotes fans maintained they'd get a high price for Kuemper and boy were they right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad