Confirmed with Link: Coach Pete DeBoer Is Fired

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwidevil

Dmitry Chesnokov retweeted
Brad Feldman ‏@BradGFeldman 12m12 minutes ago
Per source Adam Oates name being discussed as possible Devils HC.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Haha. Wait until they announce it's Guy Boucher as the next HC!

That'd be hilarious. But really I'd be fine with anyone other than Tort or the non walrus MacLean. I still don't see Oates but that's the second leak now yeesh

BigBlueReg

Dec 5, 2014
England
Doesn't Guy Boucher have an opt-out to join the NHL in his current contract? Or at least that's what I heard mentioned when he signed it.

goawaygary*

Honestly we won't know what Lou is thinking till we know the replacement. If he's bringing in a Bylsma or Ron Wilson then hes banking on a new voice being what they need which shouldn't be the reason why Pete got fired, this team is too far gone for an in season turnaround. If it's an interim guy then it's about roster evaluation.

Thing is though there is not much to evaluate. A lot of this roster is old, slow known commodities. Merrill, Severson, and Gelinas. Those are your guys to grow and evaluate (and Severson we prob wont even see until Feb)

A full purge is needed. From Jagr to Zids to Ryder.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Aside from the cup run, highlight of his Devils tenure;

pervin_medium.gif

His system was not an issue and the lack of health, younger players, and skill on this team the past couple of years didn't help his situation and he'll probably get picked up this off-season by another team, but when re-evaluating himself going forward as a coach, some of the areas he needs to focus on changing/improving all revolve around his decision making and lack of making adjustments.

I would hope the interim coach is one brought in for more of an evaluating role just for the rest of the year as we transition into a new coach and newer set of players going into next season.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I think Lou is doing this for the new ownership as much as anything. I bet he was going to do this in the offseason anyways and just pulled the trigger early to appease ownership and help them get some butts in the seats maybe with a fresh look behind the bench.

It may have been that or risk his "retirement" this summer as well.

Harris? blitzer? Forget which but one Seems one to get involved with the pulse of the fans with his twitter antics. I think he may have been pushing Lou to do something.

Hugh Weber is the Twitter two-face... But that's another topic altogether. Ownership could have requested the wheels be put in motion now, but who really knows...

The next GM should be allowed to make that call.

Really? Really really?

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If we hire oates might as well kept PD

I hate to say this, though I kinda agree.

Oates is a stupid ****.

Go ask Caps fans. Now he's gone from there, and they're playing the best that they have since before he was hired there.

Would have rather fired Pete after last season, and hired Trots instead.

I'm no Bylsma fan, but I'd rather have him than Oates. I'd take Torts over Oates, despite how his tenure in Vancouver went.

Oates is more anal than Pete with this right-lefty crap.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Hugh Weber is the Twitter two-face... But that's another topic altogether. Ownership could have requested the wheels be put in motion now, but who really knows...

Really? Really really?

Absolutely. You exemplify how a huge chunk of the fanbase is emotionally paralyzed by the worship that's been afforded to Lou. How do you even justify keeping Lou at his age? Now is the time to make the move with a rebuild needed.

I mean come on Cowbell. The guy needs to step down. He's approaching Bill Torrey territory. If you have some legitimate arguments as to why Lou needs to be kept, by all means share, because I never hear any reasonable justification on here for it aside from the whole 3 cups nonsense and how we should allow Lou to decide when he leaves, which is the antithesis of what should be done.

If Lou was ever held to his own standards that he holds everyone else to, he would have been fired. He needs to step down this offseason.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Aside from the cup run, highlight of his Devils tenure;

pervin_medium.gif

His system was not an issue and the lack of health, younger players, and skill on this team the past couple of years didn't help his situation and he'll probably get picked up this off-season by another team, but when re-evaluating himself going forward as a coach, some of the areas he needs to focus on changing/improving all revolve around his decision making and lack of making adjustments.

I would hope the interim coach is one brought in for more of an evaluating role just for the rest of the year as we transition into a new coach and newer set of players going into next season.

I don't know man, I think Pete is done as a head coach in the NHL for a while. I'm sure he can get a job as an assistant, as guys like Dineen and Sacco have. Kirk Muller too. think it will take some time as a successful assistant before getting a head coaching gig again. I do agree about the evaluation though.

This season is cooked as of now.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

Hugh Weber is a two-face in general.

He is your prototypical used-car salesman to a T. See right through him and his overly gushy smiles that many seem to fall for.

I don't know man, I think Pete is done as a head coach in the NHL for a while. I'm sure he can get a job as an assistant, as guys like Dineen and Sacco have. Kirk Muller too. think it will take some time as a successful assistant before getting a head coaching gig again. I do agree about the evaluation though.

He will get a chance somewhere and I think there may be more to the whole Toronto rumors we heard at the beginning of last summer than we believe. Could be one possible destination.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Its unfortunate, but the team wasn't winning and something needed to change. You can't sit back and watch the titanic sink without trying to save it. I think Lou saw the writing on the wall that these guys reached their ceiling under this coach and needed a new direction. Obviously I hope this leads to a second half of 2010 run, but this roster isn't nearly as talented.

I feel for DeBoer, he was in a **** situation with a **** roster. I'll always remember the 2012 team, and his system was a huge reason why it was so great.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
I hate to say this, though I kinda agree.

Oates is a stupid ****.

Go ask Caps fans. Now he's gone from there, and they're playing the best that they have since before he was hired there.

Would have rather fired Pete after last season, and hired Trots instead.

I'm no Bylsma fan, but I'd rather have him than Oates. I'd take Torts over Oates, despite how his tenure in Vancouver went.

Oates is more anal than Pete with this right-lefty crap.

If it ends up being Oates, it's just the same old nonsense with Lou as GM and I'll be furious. There's no forward momentum with this organization anymore.

Thankfully we have new ownership who will then drop the hammer on the rest of the front office when the time comes.

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
Doesn't Guy Boucher have an opt-out to join the NHL in his current contract? Or at least that's what I heard mentioned when he signed it.

If that's true, then it wouldn't be the most shocking move. Would seem like a very Lou hire.

I'm expecting an interim coach, and then a permanent one named in the off-season. Otherwise, it would almost seem like Lou believes a new coach could come in and salvage the season. And if he honestly believed that, then I don't know why he wouldn't have made a change earlier.

And please no Bylsma or Oates.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast

One playoffs in almost 7 or 8 seasons.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
In hindsight, I wonder if Pete knew he was fired before the Carolina game...Lou made some comments last week that indicated change and Pete himself said something about a lot of things going on.
I think Pete knew for a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad