Confirmed with Link: Coach Pete DeBoer Is Fired

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

goawaygary*

Does anybody know the whereabouts of this man?
lemaire-3.jpg

I'm thinking of it was Barr or Kowalsky or Foligno they'd announce it already.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
True, but most coaches have principles and a philosophy that is their bread and butter and hallmark.

Yes, but that isn't a bad thing inherently. Just because Adam Oates has a character or personality doesn't mean his teams play the same game, for example. That just means he treats players and has set ideas, not necessarily just one system.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Stop gap move to get fan support. No salvaging playoffs with this roster even with best coach ever. Whoever takes over (maybe Lou himself again), it's temporary IMO.

I vote for Paul MacLean just so we can have fun trying to compare who was worse - him or John in their half season stint. And to see if he shaves his stache! Lol

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
My money is on them just naming an interim coach and re-evaluating in the offseason when there are more options available.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Stop gap move to get fan support. No salvaging playoffs with this roster even with best coach ever. Whoever takes over (maybe Lou himself again), it's temporary IMO.

I vote for Paul MacLean just so we can have fun trying to compare who was worse - him or John in their half season stint. And to see if he shaves his stache! Lol

Fan support? No way Lou cares about fan support.

He needs to see what players will respond to a different voice to see who he can bring in next year. And some coaches are more likely to attract different talent.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Should have been gone at the end of last season after the way Larsson was treated but at least Lou finally woke up and smelled the coffee. I don't expect a ton to change standings wise but they finally get a new voice in the room. They desperately needed that.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Should have been gone at the end of last season after the way Larsson was treated but at least Lou finally woke up and smelled the coffee. I don't expect a ton to change standings wise but they finally get a new voice in the room. They desperately needed that.
Last season, the way Larsson "was treated" was all Lou, 100% Lou. (As far as being sent down is concerned)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

He needs to see what players will respond to a different voice to see who he can bring in next year. And some coaches are more likely to attract different talent.

Honestly we won't know what Lou is thinking till we know the replacement. If he's bringing in a Bylsma or Ron Wilson then hes banking on a new voice being what they need which shouldn't be the reason why Pete got fired, this team is too far gone for an in season turnaround. If it's an interim guy then it's about roster evaluation.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

I think Lou is doing this for the new ownership as much as anything. I bet he was going to do this in the offseason anyways and just pulled the trigger early to appease ownership and help them get some butts in the seats maybe with a fresh look behind the bench.

It may have been that or risk his "retirement" this summer as well.

Harris? blitzer? Forget which but one Seems one to get involved with the pulse of the fans with his twitter antics. I think he may have been pushing Lou to do something.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Lou ran this firing by Harris/Blitzer first.

Per the TG interview in August, Blitzer said that he would expect a conversation with Lou whenever he decides to make changes to coaches or personnel.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast

The next GM should be allowed to make that call.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
I think Lou is doing this for the new ownership as much as anything. I bet he was going to do this in the offseason anyways and just pulled the trigger early to appease ownership and help them get some butts in the seats maybe with a fresh look behind the bench.

It may have been that or risk his "retirement" this summer as well.

Harris? blitzer? Forget which but one Seems one to get involved with the pulse of the fans with his twitter antics. I think he may have been pushing Lou to do something.

I don't think Lou wanted to do this, but Lou probably needs to start worrying about his own security.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just found out while having lunch at long horn steakhouse.

I'm surprised I wasn't notified first by some friends, as this news seemed to break almost two hours ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
deboer can be a good coach for some other team in the future but from where the Devils stand right now he's not a good fit.

maybe Jagr will allow a trade now.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
deboer can be a good coach for some other team in the future but from where the Devils stand right now he's not a good fit.

maybe Jagr will allow a trade now.
If this was the first step to getting rid of Jagr and the rest of the geriatric ward I'm all for it...otherwise it really makes no sense.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Just found out while having lunch at long horn steakhouse.

I'm surprised I wasn't notified first by some friends, as this news seemed to break almost two hours ago.

Haha. Wait until they announce it's Guy Boucher as the next HC!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad