Confirmed with Link: Coach Pete DeBoer Is Fired

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
I can't understand why there isn't more people on HF Boards right now. Lou is about to make a momentous decision that will affect this organization long term. I have also noticed that the number of people posting on GDT has decreased significantly.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
45 mins till lock down lou will let people see the new coach. I don't think any other gm in sports can keep secrets better then lou

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
I can't understand why there isn't more people on HF Boards right now. Lou is about to make a momentous decision that will affect this organization long term. I have also noticed that the number of people posting on GDT has decreased significantly.

Because Twitter is a thing now.

GhostofKenKlee

I doubt Lou would pull a coach because of a rant of a paper writer. He was never an option IMHO.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Perhaps Oates as HC and Stevens runs the D again with either Barr or Foligno shown the front door.

Or Stevens as coach with Oates as his 'experienced' assistant?

But probably more likely it's the way you said, with Albelin getting moved elsewhere given the D's issues.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
I can't believe that Chere and TG have not figured out who the next coach is going to be yet. They should be snooping around the Rock to figure out who is being introduced later this morning.

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
I hope they go the interim route and try to land a top two pick. It seems odd that the Devils organization would bring a long term coach into this mess now. I'm sure Lou had a running list of candidates updated .. all Presidents and GM's do, so if they go with one or the big names avaialabe it's because they felt they were too good to pass on.

As for MacLean, I think his being similar to PDB is probably a positive. I think that PDB worked pretty well as head coach, but lost the locker room this season. Nearly every player regressed from last season, and that forced Lou to make the change. MacLean would more than likely provide a spark that was missing.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It probably was going to be Paul Maclean, but after Chere blasted Lou yesterday in that article Lou probably turned the tables on him out of spite.

That would require you believing Chere was actually right lol. It was nonsense speculation. He basically was shooting the breeze with players in the lunch hall (who don't know anything themselves in all likelihood given this happened over the holiday break) and came up with a rumor out of it.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
I can't believe that Chere and TG have not figured out who the next coach is going to be yet. They should be snooping around the Rock to figure out who is being introduced later this morning.

Lou prob has a ban on media at the rock until practice begins at 1030.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Should know within 30-40 minutes, maybe sooner. I bet Lou has a presser shortly after 10. Like a few minutes after 10.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US

Its early still, i'm in bed lurking the forum from my phone :laugh:

As for the GDTs, i can't blame people for skipping watching this team play with regularity :P

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
I wonder if the Devils would have needed permission to get Oates from Washington? I am sure that when Oates signed with the Caps it was for at least a 3 year deal or more. So if the Devs needed permission from the Sens to talk to Maclean they probably needed similar permission from the Caps.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Or Stevens as coach with Oates as his 'experienced' assistant?

But probably more likely it's the way you said, with Albelin getting moved elsewhere given the D's issues.

Tommy isn't going anywhere. If they bring in two guys Foligno is gone, he was Pete's hire.

And if Stevens is coming back in some capacity they are going in a 180 direction than Deboer.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And not for nothing but if Stevens does come back as an assistant then the whole family spiel was all bs and he definitely left cause of differences with Petey.

NJDpassantino

Jan 16, 2012
Why not RICK KOWALSKY? The man has coached a Albany team that is pretty good and has coached the likes of Larsson, Gelinas, Merrill, and Kinky. Seems that the younger players in Albany respond to him. We gave Johnny Mac 1 year in Albany before making him coach. I saw Rick should get a chance. But, my #1 pick is Dan Bylsma. This team needs a whole new system.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
And not for nothing but if Stevens does come back as an assistant then the whole family spiel was all bs and he definitely left cause of differences with Petey.

Lou gave a cryptic quote at the time.

"I'm sure it's not something that will be long term. I'm sure he will be back in coaching, hopefully here some day. It's just a personal thing. Personal or professional. Any way you want to look at it."
http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/...stant_coach_tommy_albelin_to_replace_him.html

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah well I didn't think some day would be four months from that point :laugh:

This is basically a palace coup if Oates/Stevens are coming back to replace Pete/one of his hires since they were both assistants on his staff lol

GhostofKenKlee

What if Lou feed some players the Paul Maclean story to see who talks?

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
I hope they go the interim route and try to land a top two pick. It seems odd that the Devils organization would bring a long term coach into this mess now. I'm sure Lou had a running list of candidates updated .. all Presidents and GM's do, so if they go with one or the big names avaialabe it's because they felt they were too good to pass on.

As for MacLean, I think his being similar to PDB is probably a positive. I think that PDB worked pretty well as head coach, but lost the locker room this season. Nearly every player regressed from last season, and that forced Lou to make the change. MacLean would more than likely provide a spark that was missing.

Listening to the top vets rave about him I don't think he ever lose the locker room, just last week Jagr was praising him.

GhostofKenKlee

Pete didn't lose the locker room, it's whatever he was doing and not adjusting. Lemaire use to say you coach to your talent level. I think he never learn to adjust styles and or implement styles to suit the team better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad