Confirmed with Link: Clendening traded for Gustav Forsling

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SnakePlissken

Jun 16, 2015
Exactly. Give him a lot of sheltered minutes and play him against some lesser teams in a good pairing. Play him with Soupy in lines with Keith/Hammer, Campbell/Forsling, Seabs/TVR. Plus, you can use the depth to give guys nights off and then if anyone gets injured you are set.

I understand the spirit of what you're talking about here, but any setup that includes the bolded pair should be immediately rejected.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
He signed a 3 year ELC, no matter what this year counts on it. sometimes guys overseas or signed but still playing in the CHL will have signed a contract but it doesn't count for that year if they aren't with the NHL/AHL team.

Like for Alexander Fortin, if he goes back to the Qmjhl even though he is signed by the Hawks on a 3 year contract, his contract wont count this year and it will begin next season.

So Fortin's can slide whilst Forsling's can not this season.

Thank you.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
You don't think Seabrook and TVR can play 3rd pairing minutes against softer teams?

I cannot speak for others, but the pairings suggested would not work as the left side guys are Duncs, Campbell, Kempny and Forsling and the right hand guys are Hammer, Seabs, TVR and Rosi. So... as structured, the earlier poster has a pairing of 2 left side guys and a pairing of two right side guys. That will not work. Also, Seabs is not a 3rd pairing guy. So any Seabrook/TVR pairing (especially as a 3rd pairing) is not an option.

Expect Duncs/Hammer; Campbell/Seabs; Forsling or Kempny/TVR; and then have Rosi, Gus (another left side guy) as extras (with whoever between Kempny and Forsling are not on the 3rd pairing).

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
Ahh.. That detail I did not know. So... no Rockford as an option. I would appreciate your insight as to what the non-Hawk options are there for Forsling - and the long-term implications. So thanks in advance.

The situation is a little more complicated. Rockford techically is an option.... it's just that his Swedish team have to approve it. It's part of the transfer agreement between the NHL and the rest of the world (or maybe it's just Sweden). The same thing applied to Carl Dahlstrom, but in that case Linkoping decided to let him go.

They could potentially end up doing the same thing with Forsling. We are almost a month into the regular season in Sweden now and if Forsling doesn't return soon Linkoping will have to look for a replacement on the market. They can't afford to play without a proper #1 offensive d-man for too long after all. If they find one Forsling's roster spot is most likely gone.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
The situation is a little more complicated. Rockford techically is an option.... it's just that his Swedish team have to approve it. It's part of the transfer agreement between the NHL and the rest of the world (or maybe it's just Sweden). The same thing applied to Carl Dahlstrom, but in that case Linkoping decided to let him go.

They could potentially end up doing the same thing with Forsling. We are almost a month into the regular season in Sweden now and if Forsling doesn't return soon Linkoping will have to look for a replacement on the market. They can't afford to play without a proper #1 offensive d-man for too long after all. If they find one Forsling's roster spot is most likely gone.

But didn't Chad Billins and Anton Karlsson leave?

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Seabrook TvR is the worst D pair the NHL has seen last year. They don't work well together, that's it.

A couple things.
1) We should expect a bounce back from Seabrook. He's well rested and at least looks slimmer than last year. If we are completely hiding him in the first year of this contract, just give up.
2) If we are to believe all the fluff, TVR should improve since this is the first year he has been able to train without having to recover from an injury.
3) All I was suggesting was to make them a 3rd pairing when getting Forsling time in the top 6 in order to aid in his development. Forsling looked good when paired with Campbell. I don't care if you pair Seabrook with Kempy for that matter.
4) If you are really that scared of pairing Seabrook with TVR on the 3rd line against softer opponents, then TVR needs to go and the Seabrook signing is going to be a huge mistake.

SnakePlissken

Jun 16, 2015
A couple things.
1) We should expect a bounce back from Seabrook. He's well rested and at least looks slimmer than last year. If we are completely hiding him in the first year of this contract, just give up.
2) If we are to believe all the fluff, TVR should improve since this is the first year he has been able to train without having to recover from an injury.
3) All I was suggesting was to make them a 3rd pairing when getting Forsling time in the top 6 in order to aid in his development. Forsling looked good when paired with Campbell. I don't care if you pair Seabrook with Kempy for that matter.
4) If you are really that scared of pairing Seabrook with TVR on the 3rd line against softer opponents, then TVR needs to go and the Seabrook signing is going to be a huge mistake.

Sure, they should both be better individually this season. Just don't put them with each other, that's all.

Per the twitter today it sounds like Forsling will be with Campbell and TVR/Seabs will be with others, so we're all winners. Ribbons for everyone!

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Just imagine if Forsling becomes half the player that Lidstrom was. Hawks will continue to own the Canucks franchise without even ever having to play them again.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
A couple things.

just give up? What? I like Seabrook and liked him last year. Seabrook doesn't Need a bounce back year. Seabrook just Needs to be split from TvR. Seabs was good as Long as he wasn't on the ice with TvR.

Statistically speaking and Possession time.... they were the worst Pairing in the NHL - at least from guys you'd expect they deserve a NHL spot.

My Pairings would be more simple and going back to what once worked
Keith-Seabs
Hammer-Campbell
Forsling-TvR

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
But didn't Chad Billins and Anton Karlsson leave?

Anton Karlsson is still with the team (Gabriel Carlsson signed with the Blue Jackets however, but they decided to keep him in Sweden right when he signed).

Billins I believe either had an out clause or Linkoping agreed to release him from his contract (also even without either of those any NHL team could have signed him within a limited timespan during the offseason... him leaving only gave him more time to find a new team).

In either case the rules from the transfer agreement I mentioned wouldn't have applied to Billins anyway as he was too old (the player must be under the age of 22) and he had been there before (it must be the players first attempt to make it to the NHL).

*Edit.

1st round picks are excluded as well.

Doghandler

Jul 9, 2010
Sweden
I like this because of 2 reasons.

1. I really like Forsling, and have for some time now. I hope he continues to develop like he has so far.

2. I can't stand LHC (sorry Yabob :D) and I am guessing he would have gone back there unless he didn't make the Hawks roster.

win-win for me

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm sure Q is well aware that 20 year old dman need to be sheltered. I'd like to see Forsling get a lot of offensive zone starts and as much (or more) PP time as any other dman on the squad. Good for him, good for the Hawks.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Anton Karlsson is still with the team (Gabriel Carlsson signed with the Blue Jackets however, but they decided to keep him in Sweden right when he signed).

Billins I believe either had an out clause or Linkoping agreed to release him from his contract (also even without either of those any NHL team could have signed him within a limited timespan during the offseason... him leaving only gave him more time to find a new team).

In either case the rules from the transfer agreement I mentioned wouldn't have applied to Billins anyway as he was too old (the player must be under the age of 22) and he had been there before (it must be the players first attempt to make it to the NHL).

*Edit.

1st round picks are excluded as well.

Yeah no I meant more like, if Forsling went back he would have a big roll, you said he might not have a spot

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
Yeah no I meant more like, if Forsling went back he would have a big roll, you said he might not have a spot

Oh, you were talking about that.

Right now there is a big hole on the roster were Forsling were supposed to play. That hole is currently being filled by players they already have on the team, but who aren't good enough to play in that spot over the course of a whole season (not this year anyway).

If Forsling returns to Sweden withtin the next couple of weeks the spot will still be there for him (probably).

But if he stays with Chicago for say another month or two, and they then decide to reassign him (perhaps he aren't getting enough TOI, his performance start dropping or something like that), Sweden might no longer be an option. If he stays that long Linkoping will most likely have considered him lost by that point and will have tried to sign a replacement for him.

If they have succeeded Forsling's spot might be gone, as they likely don't have the money to pay both him and the guy they brought in to replace him (unless it's Chicago who pay his salery even if he plays in Sweden of course).

In that situation they might say "It's ok. You can send him the AHL.".

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I highly doubt the team in Sweden won't want (one of) their best defender(s) back.

Yeah. This is a tricky situation but I reckon that Hawks have the depth in the back end to bring Forsling on board without exposing him (by having him play in situations that he isn't ready for). I'm excited to see him develop.

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
Could you give me a short summarize of have Forsling performed?
Have not watch the game yet, will tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad