Confirmed with Link: Clendening traded for Gustav Forsling

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Ditto. Depressed full-time Canucks fan / Hawks fan during the playoffs checking in.

Incredibly poised and patient with the puck. Knows how to skate out of trouble. Smooth as can be. Has a knack for getting shots through from the point. Will be QB of the PP in very short time. Probably will be a top 4 defenseman shortly as well.

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
Incredibly poised and patient with the puck. Knows how to skate out of trouble. Smooth as can be. Has a knack for getting shots through from the point. Will be QB of the PP in very short time. Probably will be a top 4 defenseman shortly as well.

Sounds like he just carried his play from Sweden in to the NHL and adjusting just fine.
Great for him :) Bad for us (fans of Linköping) :(

Right now we have a bunch of defence men trying to get in to the Guinness Bok of records for hitting most legs from the blue line when trying to shoot the puck on goal.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Sounds like he just carried his play from Sweden in to the NHL and adjusting just fine.
Great for him :) Bad for us (fans of Linköping) :(

Right now we have a bunch of defence men trying to get in to the Guinness Bok of records for hitting most legs from the blue line when trying to shoot the puck on goal.

:laugh:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Forsling looked nervous about getting ran over early, but seemed to settle in and his poise and calmness on the puck was always there.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Forsling looked nervous about getting ran over early, but seemed to settle in and his poise and calmness on the puck was always there.

Forsling needs to stay wary of guys taking runs at him and that was a good test last night. His fine play was the highlight of an otherwise disappointing game for me. The play of Motte and Kempny were up there as well. I'd still like to see Motte get a stint in the top 6 however.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Forsling needs to stay wary of guys taking runs at him and that was a good test last night. His fine play was the highlight of an otherwise disappointing game for me. The play of Motte and Kempny were up there as well. I'd still like to see Motte get a stint in the top 6 however.

Sounds like he is going to get it starting now.

He should be able to score with his shot and Kane being the best playmaker (one of them) in the league. He MUST continue to grind.

zac

Apr 29, 2009

Not so fast. We have a coach known for making irrational decisions in the face of some very clear situations. Nick Leddy was a natural yet Q still preferred Keith to blast shots off the glass and suck on the PP.

I think its clear Forsling should be in that role, possibly now, but I have no faith in this coaching staff to make smart decisions based on actual talent.

zac

Apr 29, 2009

Forsling was easily the highlight of a night in which we should have lost 6-1/2. I'm really not sure how it could be different for anyone, TBH.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Is this realistic to say Forsling will QB the PP soon?

He was out there with the 2nd unit in his first game, which says a lot. That's a lot of trust/belief from Q. I'm not sure what else you want for his 1st game. It's pretty clear that he's going to be one of the top 4 PP defenseman if he's playing.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'll add that while it's become popular to bag on Keiths PP work (and I'll be the first to admit that he's not the prototypical PP D man back there) that he was playing the most as a defenseman along with Seabrook on the #2 PP in the league.

Forsling has a ton of potential and I loved how he played, but I wouldn't be in a rush to make the switch, or at least not after 1 game. Seems to be a case of "look at the shiny new thing". Let it play out.

Gooner

Feb 21, 2016
Munich
I'll add that while it's become popular to bag on Keiths PP work (and I'll be the first to admit that he's not the prototypical PP D man back there) that he was playing the most as a defenseman along with Seabrook on the #2 PP in the league.

Forsling has a ton of potential and I loved how he played, but I wouldn't be in a rush to make the switch, or at least not after 1 game. Seems to be a case of "look at the shiny new thing". Let it play out.
Keith is very useful on the PP, because he is an exceptional player. But Forsling plays like an actual PP QB. On the other hand, Kane pretty much runs most of our better PPs anyways, using Forsling and Toews on the second unit might actually give us two dangerous power play units.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
With Soupy/Forsling/Seabs and Kempny in the line-up, Keith should sit out the PP for a while or at the very least Q should relegate him to the 2nd unit. What better way to bring down his ice time and see just how good Forsling is back there. Kempny is no slouch either and we all know the games of Soupy/Seabs. The only downside that I see is that it could adversly affect Keith's ego.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA

JMO, but managing Keith's PP role is more one of handling a star player and the locker room than it is actual PP effectiveness. We all have eyes, and for as great as Keith is, running the PP isn't his strong suite. But sometimes its about more than numbers and the micro-level stuff that I think guys like Zac and others who want to treat everything like a video game sometimes miss, you still have to manage the locker room and you don't just take your 2-time Norris #1 dman off the PP with no repurcussions. Its a small price to pay if it keeps Keith happy and motivated.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Keith is very useful on the PP, because he is an exceptional player. But Forsling plays like an actual PP QB. On the other hand, Kane pretty much runs most of our better PPs anyways, using Forsling and Toews on the second unit might actually give us two dangerous power play units.

No he's not. Every now and then me makes plays, and when he does it's often because of a move or his skating. But his shot sucks, and he's not particularly adept at passing and or keeping pucks in. Most of Keith's "success" has been the result of the talent he plays with (PP).

Q has refused to acknowledge for YEARS that Keith isn't power play material. Besides, he plays 50 minutes a night so why not rest him if he really isn't helping there? Leddy, Seabs, Gustaffson, the list goes on of players who are better suited for that role.

Keith is an all world defensemen, he's just not very good in the offensive zone. I'm not complaining about THAT, rather that the coaching staff is too ****ing stupid to make the obvious change. I find that infuriating.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
JMO, but managing Keith's PP role is more one of handling a star player and the locker room than it is actual PP effectiveness. We all have eyes, and for as great as Keith is, running the PP isn't his strong suite. But sometimes its about more than numbers and the micro-level stuff that I think guys like Zac and others who want to treat everything like a video game sometimes miss, you still have to manage the locker room and you don't just take your 2-time Norris #1 dman off the PP with no repurcussions. Its a small price to pay if it keeps Keith happy and motivated.

What repercussions? The evidence, as in the shot percentage and the eye test shows Keith isn't very good and I'm sure the rest of his teammates are aware of that fact. If he's too petty to realize it's for the betterment of the team that's his problem.

I don't think that's what's going on with the numerous instances of roster mismanagement. Q just doesn't get it.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Keith isn't good in the offensive zone.... LOL...LOL...LOL

What's he good at in the offensive zone? His skating can create lanes and chances but he's got no faith in his shot and for good reason. He's great at stretching defenses in transition but as soon as the zones established he's average.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Keith isn't good in the offensive zone.... LOL...LOL...LOL

Can you please tell me what is the weak link of this team? Whatever problem people bring up you seem to criticize it and say its not actually an issue. Give me a list of things that you think the team currently lacks or moves by Stan that you dont agree with or criticism of a player on his performance or salary or pretty much anything that is not perfect in your eyes.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
What's he good at in the offensive zone? His skating can create lanes and chances but he's got no faith in his shot and for good reason. He's great at stretching defenses in transition but as soon as the zones established he's average.

He is a great pincher (know how to pick his spots), great at keeping the zone, and is a good passer. His shot is his weakness.

zac

Apr 29, 2009

This man gets it. Keith has offensive value...in transition...but once the puck crosses the blue he's almost a zero. Sure, he has games when you're like "wow...I wish he would play like that more often", then the next 15 games of suckage happens.

Points, simply taken by itself, is not a good indicator of offensive prowess. When you are literally on the ice for HALF the ****ing game, as well as getting undeserved time with Panarin and Kane on the PP, it's impossible NOT to rack up a lot of points.

Keith is not a naturally gifted offensive player. WAKE THE **** up people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad