Speculation: Claude Giroux and the Colorado Avalanche

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'm really hoping Giroux goes to Colorado because I like that org and team, and it's gonna be for more than what people here think he's worth because all these dumbasses are out to lunch with their genius opinions lol

Kaut or Helleson isnt a main piece for Giroux, he's better than that lol

:laugh:

Alright smart guy, what's Guroux going to return.

Let's see the Newhook + 1st proposal. We're all looking forward to a good laugh again.

Dod93Cityt

Do You Believe In Ghosts?
Aug 29, 2012
Canada
:laugh:

Alright smart guy, what's Guroux going to return.

Let's see the Newhook + 1st proposal. We're all looking forward to a good laugh again.

If a proposal is either a 3rd tier prospect or Newhook + a 1st in your head, then quit talking lol. How many people never seen Giroux more than once or twice? People trying to act like they know what they're taking about. Tell me a little some about Claude Giroux "smart guy"?

Show me some advanced stats instead of what you seen or know lol

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If a proposal is either a 3rd tier prospect or Newhook + a 1st in your head, then quit talking lol. How many people never seen Giroux more than once or twice? People trying to act like they know what they're taking about. Tell me a little some about Claude Giroux "smart guy"?

Show me some advanced stats instead of what you seen or know lol

:laugh: Yeah you're right. None of us each hockey. I've never heard of this Claude guy in my life.

I can guarantee you I've seen more of Claude Giroux then you have seen Drew Helleson.

Dod93Cityt

Aug 29, 2012
Canada
:laugh: Yeah you're right. None of us each hockey. I've never heard of this Claude guy in my life.

I can guarantee you I've seen more of Claude Giroux then you have seen Drew Helleson.

Then that means Drew Helleson is on the same level!! lol ok. I know where you're coming from now :laugh::laugh:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It’s not gonna be Newhook. It’s also not gonna be Kaut as anything more than a tertiary piece.

I think most reasonable fans of each team would expect that *if* a deal got done it would be along the lines of Barron or Olausson plus a future 1st that may be conditional plus some salary filler (that isn’t completely useless). For even a high profile rental that’s a pretty good haul.

Maybe Fletcher and co think they can get more elsewhere. Maybe Sakic and co think that’s too high a price for a rental especially given his very conservative nature when it comes to asset evaluation. But there’s definitely a fit here and there definitely a package that involves a lot more than Martin freaking Kaut and a lot less than a young core NHL player like Alex Newhook.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I'm really hoping Giroux goes to Colorado because I like that org and team, and it's gonna be for more than what people here think he's worth because all these dumbasses are out to lunch with their genius opinions lol

Kaut or Helleson isnt a main piece for Giroux, he's better than that lol
Yeah it will be but I don't think he'll get market value either.

Giroux on the Avs just makes too much sense. Then again so does Pavs. I could also see Giroux sticking around for a year or two more if he likes it and thinks they got more runs at the cup.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Dod93Cityt

Aug 29, 2012
Canada
Yeah it will be but I don't think he'll get market value either.

Giroux on the Avs just makes too much sense. Then again so does Pavs. I could also see Giroux sticking around for a year or two more if he likes it and thinks they got more runs at the cup.

Oh he'll like it lol

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I don't think I am. Who is likely to be offered up for a rental that's significantly better?

Off the top of my head, Minnesota easily offer Lambos, Addison, or O'Rourke all of which are quite a lot better then Kaut at this point. NYR moving Lundkvist, Kravtsov, or even Zac Jones. Tampa Bay could use any of Raddysh/Katchouk/Foote.

Literally pick any contending team and they all have a number of prospects better then Kaut.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Off the top of my head, Minnesota easily offer Lambos, Addison, or O'Rourke all of which are quite a lot better then Kaut at this point. NYR moving Lundkvist, Kravtsov, or even Zac Jones. Tampa Bay could use any of Raddysh/Katchouk/Foote.

Literally pick any contending team and they all have a number of prospects better then Kaut.

If those teams aren’t on girouxs list, it doesn’t matter.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008

Then where do you fit kaut in flyers wing depth? I don't think he stands out enough in a crowded field there. Center and rhd are areas of need so that's where I've focused my interest and so has much of this discussion

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Then where do you fit kaut in flyers wing depth? I don't think he stands out enough in a crowded field there. Center and rhd are areas of need so that's where I've focused my interest and so has much of this discussion

Well the names that are being tossed around are Barron, Ranta. and Jost.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Not sure who the Flyers would want from the Eagles. Not much going on down there right now outside of Barron.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Depends how much the Flyers value guys like Barron, or Oloussen. Obviously the Avs won’t move Byram, or Newhook for a pending UFA.

I think there are teams out there that can offer a better package.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The Flyers are heavily scouting the Avs now. I haven't seen a guy solely connected to the Avs this much in a really long time. Maybe ever.

My guess at this point is: 2023 first, one of Barron/Helleson/Ranta/Olausson, and one of Compher/Jost.

If Jost is the guy over Compher the Avs will need to spend another asset to send Giroux through a third team to retain another 50% and make the cap work. If Compher goes I believe everything nets out with Giroux's retention from Philly.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
The Flyers are heavily scouting the Avs now. I haven't seen a guy solely connected to the Avs this much in a really long time. Maybe ever.

My guess at this point is: 2023 first, one of Barron/Helleson/Ranta/Olausson, and one of Compher/Jost.

If Jost is the guy over Compher the Avs will need to spend another asset to send Giroux through a third team to retain another 50% and make the cap work. If Compher goes I believe everything nets out with Giroux's retention from Philly.

I still think the Flyers get less than this. The discussion is not about how good Giroux is, but the fact he is a rental and Chuck Fletcher is the GM. If I am generous to Chuck, the pay will be a first rounder and mediocre prospect or cap dump. Flyers will get a Ryan Hartman(circa 2018)/Matt Ellison type player, a player who if playing on Connor McDavid's line would get 20 goals, but otherwise will get 5. There will be no quality prospect going to the Flyers.

I still doubt the Flyers get a first rounder. Again, it is not about how good Giroux is, but how bad Chuck Fletcher is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad