Speculation: Claude Giroux and the Colorado Avalanche

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Move on to what...as if Giroux doesn’t have a say in this.

And if Philadelphia doesn’t trade Giroux and he walks for nothing, Flyers fans would be all over CF for not even getting a first.

Now/before, a first isn’t enough. After CG walks for nothing, a first alone seems pretty good.

Maybe. But if they want Bowers/Kaut to get the deal done then I’m not saying no.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Correct, Colorado will be fine without Giroux. Probably good enough to get knocked out by Vegas or Tampa or a team like that. Or maybe the other western conference team that may in fact pay the 1st + prospect that is required to get a player of Giroux's caliber.

AVs needs against TB or VGK is DMen size and G. Giroux is a luxury to add more firepower and FO experience. Sakic is unlikely to mortgage the future for Giroux.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
AVs needs against TB or VGK is DMen size and G. Giroux is a luxury to add more firepower and FO experience. Sakic is unlikely to mortgage the future for Giroux.
Ironically it was our biggest two Dmen last year, Graves and Nemeth, who were the biggest problem against Vegas.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Avs won't won a cup with their goaltending situation, they should look into that instead of another center.....I said the same thing the last 2-3 seasons on this board and everyone said Grubauer was enough.... Yeah....

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Avs won't won a cup with their goaltending situation, they should look into that instead of another center.....I said the same thing the last 2-3 seasons on this board and everyone said Grubauer was enough.... Yeah....

There’s been a budding bromance between COL and PHI I’m enjoying this season with all the Giroux rumors (and to a much lesser extent the Aube-Kubel claim). Let’s not turn on each other now because of a few testy trade package proposals!

you were right about Grubuaer though.

Reactions: phil162888

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Move on to what...as if Giroux doesn’t have a say in this.

And if Philadelphia doesn’t trade Giroux and he walks for nothing, Flyers fans would be all over CF for not even getting a first.

Now/before, a first isn’t enough. After CG walks for nothing, a first alone seems pretty good.
A late 1st is nothing.... who the f*** cares. If you don't pay the price we don't trade him. He stays we celebrate his 1000th game he resigns with Philly and were happy..... G would be one of the best trade deadline players ever available. Fletcher is an idiot so he may take a sh** deal of just a late 1st but if it was me I'd want value that can help turn this franchise back around or I wouldn't trade him.... A late first and a shitty prospect doesn't cut it... You want a legit shot at a SC you eventually have to go for it....BTW if I was the Avs I'd be trying to get a legit goalie instead but if your not doing that than G is by far your next best option

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

You could say the same thing about the starting goalies for 31 teams over the last two years, because in hindsight, only Vasi got the job done.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
You could say the same thing about the starting goalies for 31 teams over the last two years, because in hindsight, only Vasi got the job done.
31 teams aren't built like the Avs but okay that makes perfect sense thank you for explaining that to me :sarcasm:.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Avs would have a cup in the last 3 years if they had a better goalie imho. Another wasted year if they don't upgrade you can bump this when they win the cup if you think Darcy Keumper is enough, I'll happily eat crow.

I'll never forget those Grubauer is better than Gibson posts though.... I'll remember those forever.

Do Avs fans really think they need Giroux another center over a goalie? Why waste trade pieces.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
If your looking for players with term.... JVR would be available and you can keep your top prospects and your precious late 1st rd pick.... I would think he could be had with Flyers taking $2 million in retention for a 2nd rd pick

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Avs would have a cup in the last 3 years if they had a better goalie imho. Another wasted year if they don't upgrade you can bump this when they win the cup if you think Darcy Keumper is enough, I'll happily eat crow.

Based on the results, which goalie, other than Vasi, would have gotten the job done?

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone

I'll never forget those Grubauer is better than Gibson posts though.... I'll remember those forever.

Cool, if the roughly 15% chance or so the Avs (or any contending team) probably have to go all the way doesn’t occur, you’ll be a genius all over again with your goaler takes.

Also, this thread is about Claude mother%$@!ing Giroux. Not a limelight for you.

Reactions: SnS

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
A late 1st is nothing.... who the f*** cares. If you don't pay the price we don't trade him. He stays we celebrate his 1000th game he resigns with Philly and were happy..... G would be one of the best trade deadline players ever available. Fletcher is an idiot so he may take a sh** deal of just a late 1st but if it was me I'd want value that can help turn this franchise back around or I wouldn't trade him.... A late first and a shitty prospect doesn't cut it... You want a legit shot at a SC you eventually have to go for it....BTW if I was the Avs I'd be trying to get a legit goalie instead but if your not doing that than G is by far your next best option

If you read any of the trade threads, a majority of us would love to have him. It simply depends on the cost that comes along with the 1st.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane

Do Avs fans really think they need Giroux another center over a goalie? Why waste trade pieces.
You are saying nothing different than 99% of us have been as far as needing to shore up goaltending over the last several years.

Last edited:

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

Maybe I missed something, but as a regular here I don't recall seeing anyone claim that at all.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
If you read any of the trade threads, a majority of us would love to have him. It simply depends on the cost that comes along with the 1st.

I can tell you first hand whatever the price is he would be worth it..... G is an amazing player even at his age.....

The only player I wouldn't move is Newhook (if I were the Avs). For Byram + 1st to be included I'd want more from Philly (but that's risky for Philly because who knows what happens with Byram). Interesting as a Flyer fan and G fan I'd be happy if he went to the AVS but we need value. Fans squawking about Oluasson and Barron etc you have to pay a price if you really want the best chance to win.

Reactions: captainpaxil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad