Which 5 wrestlers do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
6 1/2 minutes......

The people of Montreal literally... PHYSICALLY sustained 6 and and a half minutes.... about 400 seconds of deafening screaming for Hulk Hogan. Tell me Canada is the beating heart of wrestling without telling me Canada is the beating heart of wrestling.

Those little Hulksters you see in the 80's videos? Yup. That's them cheering their hero. This must have been cathartic for them

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Just finished Angle vs Edge on Judgment Day 2002 and am taking a break to say the following: more matches need to end like this one did. Kurt's got the ankle lock on Edge. Edge flips from his belly to his back. Edge kicks Kurt into the ropes to break the hold. Kurt bounces off the ropes into Edge who then rolls Kurt into an inside cradle. It's 1, 2, 3 completely unexpected, completely out of nowhere. It even surprised me and you have no idea how happy I was because I knew full and well Kurt got his head shaved. The crowd reaction from Nashville was akin to the Predators winning a game 7 in overtime. I know you have to protect guys out there so I might be in the minority on this. But I swear to God man if that was more common matches it would be so much more suspenseful. It's a tad annoying when you've got Michael Cole yelling "DID HE GET IT? DID HE GET IT?" when you know full and well that match with the Rock ain't ending til Rock hits one of his finishers.

On the subject of Rock and Angle. If my definition of a 5 star match is their triple threat with Taker at Vengeance 2002, this match gets about 4.5 This feud is one of the very best WWE has done in my 1997-2002 watch through

God bless McMahon and Angle for agreeing to put Edge over like this. Dude is the Attitude Era/Ruthless Aggression Era GOAT midcarder. Rob Van Dam is ***probably*** better because he is so entertaining as hell with his acrobatic style and his death defying leaps of glory; but Edge gets the edge (shitty cliche right boys?) because you know more what to expect with Van Dam whereas Edge's matches might be the most unpredictable in WWE.

And oh yeah, shout out to Austin for going full 1998 miraculously beating the hell out of Flair and Big Show with interference from X-Pac too. I told you man, he once diffused a bomb, saved a school bus full of children, invaded Omaha beach to stun Hitler, landed on the moon and drank a case of SteveWeisers all before landing on the ground as he once went parachuting. Yes... my man went parachuting and managed to travel back in time to 1944, go backwards into space and land on the moon before coming back down. He's Stone Cold Steve Austin damn it. Now sit down and shut up while he gets the crowd to say "WHAT?!" 36 times in a promo where he talks about going to the local Hooters eating wings, shrimp, fries and beer

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Sad part is that segment is poetry in motion compared to the match Hogan puts on in their Judgement Day '02 meeting. Quite literally the worst chokeslam ever taken/sold.

I LOL'd. That was the most flaccid chokeslam I have ever seen. Brock and Big Show messed up one with him going through the announce table pretty bad (I think Lesnar went too high up or show's hand slipped) but Show salvaged it remarkably well with how hard he drove Brock down

Lol at Hogan. It's almost stupid how over he was here

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I swear every time Austin and NWO come on I feel Raw goes into a time warp I'm back to 1998

TL;DR version here

Can the NWO just go away forever? Please? I know now why WWF won the war. It's not because these guys aren't good. NWO is the single greatest angle in history. But it's because WCW had no other ideas for 2 1/2 years. At least not until someone had the most selfish possible idea with the fingerpoke of doom to just reunite the warring factions and piss everyone off. They had NO damn intentions of stopping. I'm like 99% sure Shawn Michaels is coming out of retirement for some Kliq action and not even he can save this gimmick. I think I saw him in an NWO shirt once so I'm speculating here. My God I I don't care. Who thinks grown ass men 7 feet tall bickering like children is entertaining?

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The past 2 days I have binged Piper promos. His in-ring Piper's Pits at MSG, Boston Garden and Spectrum are electric. Not safe for 2023. All Our of Bubblegum on YouTube is an essential channel for the Piper fan. It has been a dream for years that this kat is going find decent quality NWA Hollywood material.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Lauren Boebert confirms former WWE star is not her father after two DNA tests​

A former WWE wrestler who had a fling with Lauren Boebert’s mother in the 1980s has taken a second DNA test to conclusively prove he is not the congresswoman’s biological father.

Stan Lane, 69, was accused by the Colorado Republican’s mother Shawn Roberts Bentz decades ago of fathering the child while he was working for Championship Wrestling in Florida.

He submitted to a court-ordered DNA paternity test in the 1980s to settle a child support dispute, which found that he and the 36-year-old lawmaker were not related.

However, doubts persisted after a lab technician who took Mr Lane’s DNA was later convicted of taking a bribe to switch samples in a separate case.

In May, Mr Lane and Ms Boebert agreed to submit their DNA for testing which proved they were not father and daughter, she told the Daily Beast.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Dude how much does Vince hate Tommy Dreamer for him to have the gimmick of eating gross shit or sipping Taker's tobacco juice?

Brock has a somewhat forgettable but okay match with Bubba. Paul must have irrevocably convinced Vince he was gonna make millions on Brock. There's no evidence whatsoever of this guy being what he was right now. These are squash matches

Just turn Booker T already

RVD vs Guerrero in a ladder match may be the best concept idea I have seen in a minute. Gonna watch later. Please don't suck.....

I just can't get invested in NWO. I'm about ready to just skip this match Big Shown has with Bradshaw

Bradshaw is criminally underrated. I hated the JBL gimmick but my God he is charismatic on the mic

Reactions: CDJ

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This cage match with Angle and Edge is off the map. Oh my God I can't put it into words how great this was. Smackdown is a level 10 boss in a game with only 9 levels. It's not that Raw isn't good either. This is just that good

The Benoit heel turn attacking Austin was fantastic

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I almost completely forgot about "JAMIENOBLEBOY!!! DONTCHU FERGIDIT BOY!!!!" and Nidia. God that lasted a while. At least until she went blind lmao. I gotta give him credit he pulled the role off well. I must have started watching Smackdown with some sort of regularity by this time because I'm remembering some of this now. I'm pretty sure John Cena is going to debut in about a month.

And now if Austin is about to leave I wonder if that was when Vince decided to push Brock to the moon or not

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
No one. Not ever. Not even once in human history

WWF/WWE: calling it "title shot" for an entire era of it's history

Vince now: "OMFG it's ChAmPiOnShIp OpPoRtUnItY!!!! I'LL FIRE YOU GODDAMN IT!!"

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm on the June 10th 2002 episode of Raw. Not gonna finish it tonight but the show opened with them just trashing the hell out of Austin for no showing the event. I'm also pretty sure that was the same week he got himself into a lot of trouble for a physical altercation with his wife. Talk about dark days for the man. I'm glad life got better for him. This was probably a blessing in disguise. It sounds like he really needed to step away

All my best Austin.

Other thoughts

I guess this is the week Dr. Frankenstein's monster goes from mindlessly defending Paul Heyman's antics of unwanted sexual advances towards women (save for Taker's wife Sara later on) and just starts murdering everyone in sight clean as a whistle. My body is ready.

I was wondering when and how Vince got control of WWE again. This must be the night because they needed a way to distract everyone from Austin.

It's going to be interesting to see all the Raw and Smackdown guys start migrating. I didn't notice it that carefully when I was young but I'll get to now

Lol Rock is legit gonna show up, win the title and leave like in the next month or so. Christ maybe Brock was just supposed to get a look and Rock's departure made the title win happen organically. Idk man. I just can't figure out how the biggest and most sudden push in history came about and when. Brock hasn't said a word and basically just drools unless he's killing someone. Don't get me wrong he's good but nothing has shown me "you're gonna be champ in 2 months" good.

You know... A Spike Dudley heel turn would be absolutely retched if D-Von came back to Raw and Spike just called all the shots and was the same kind of crazed pervert Paul Heyman is and his brothers just beat the shit out of everyone at the little guy's command.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

As someone who has struggled with depression for over 20 years this is clearly a man walking 100 miles in my shoes.

He's had the belt God knows how long in the invasion angle
#1 dude in the company
Kurt turns around and kisses his ass anyway after a blood feud for the ages
Turns into the biggest babyface in the company as soon as the invasion is over
Feuds with Vince
Feuds with Flair
"This isn't good enough"

Yeah he's in a dark place here boys. You literally cannot do more than that already. It's also what happens when you turn a guy into Superman for everything he does. You can't capture that lightning in a bottle. It breaks my heart he almost immediately got into legal trouble and his marriage ended. WWE wasn't going to salvage his career no matter how they tried. When you get into that kind of place it's hard for even your greatest advocate to help you.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
After watching Unforgiven 98, I decided to keep watching WWE programming chronologically starting with the next Raw, just watched the King of the Ring featuring the infamous HIAC with Taker and Mankind and currently on the following Raw with the start of the Brawl for it All

So much stuff happening so fast

also just had an in ring promo by Ken Shamrock, and suffice it to say he should stick to pre-tapes

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
After watching Unforgiven 98, I decided to keep watching WWE programming chronologically starting with the next Raw, just watched the King of the Ring featuring the infamous HIAC with Taker and Mankind and currently on the following Raw with the start of the Brawl for it All

So much stuff happening so fast

also just had an in ring promo by Ken Shamrock, and suffice it to say he should stick to pre-tapes

Welcome to the watch through party.

Speaking of, Booker just got kicked out of the NWO. Literally. Saw it coming a mile away

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Prime Time Wrestling in '89 is must see television. Gorilla, Brain and Piper are dynamite together. Since the weekend I have watched 200+ Piper videos including a run on PTW. Brilliant stuff.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I am very much enjoying @These Are The Days rewatch posts. But I'm trying very hard to not spoil anything for him.

I know the rest of the WWE title picture fluently until about 2006. I know once Brock goes to Smackdown with the title in tow after SummerSlam, Raw is getting the big gold belt and at some point here very soon Eric Bischoff is coming back.

I'm on June 13 2002. I don't remember the precise day but I give HHH about 8 weeks until he both murders Shawn Michaels and gazes at the world title for the first time and goes full scale Smeagol/Gollum over the precious.

I know at some point to expect Goldberg and Steiner and that Scott has entire matches for the world title that are worse than Hogan's embarrassing sell of that choke slam

Smackdown will fill in the blanks as it goes on for me. Raw I have no idea. Especially in the midcard. They're making shows work on paperclips and duct tape from a talent perspective. Trish coming out and King squealing OMGPUPPIES, Brock killing people in 4 minutes and RVD is a full night. Otherwise it's Taker talking a bit too much

Raw needs Jericho, Storm and Christian to migrate over in the worst imaginable way right now. Hurricane should have stayed on Smackdown (this is all in future tense here) but it's not my call

Last edited:
Reactions: Megahab

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I haven't finished the June 13 episode of Smackdown just yet but a few thoughts

I vaguely remember Lance Storm, Christian and another guy (I think it was Jericho?) heading a trio of Un-Americans. I'm bringing it up because Lance just lost a match with his shoulder up before a 3 count and Brian Hebner counted him for the loss and remarked about Canadians getting screwed

This Angle wig business is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. I remember being in suspense over it when I was young and now I'm just dying of laughter. Kurt you magnificent SOB

I can't remember the precise day Hogan and Edge team up and win the tag titles but that's gonna be awesome

Test must've been hitting the juice big time. Dude is always severely broken out all over his body with acne. RIP big man.

So we seriously had Trips take up a half hour segment. I've died and gone back to 2000

I don't understand why that when WWE recently brought back cruiserweights they only fought each other. It got so stale in a hurry. These guys just team up with whoever doing whatever. It's so exciting

Seems like this is the month anyone who needed new music got it. Lesnar (for like the 5th time), Kidman, Taker, D-Von. Even Hardcore Holly's theme has "How do you like me now?" added

When I see John Cena I'm gonna freak out. The Dr of Thuganomics is one of the all time great gimmicks

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Alright there is no way on God's green earth Hogan's not coming out to dubbed music here on Peacock. Voodoo child went blasting a few weeks back when Hogan was going to "retire" and I thought it was like a courtesy or something. Now I hear it again instead of that weird ass guitar solo he's been coming out to that I've never heard in my life. It also comes with the loudest crowd I've ever heard EVERY time.

For God's sake Vince... I doubt that song is expensive to use these days. I don't know if that's worse or not using Demolitions old theme

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Alright there is no way on God's green earth Hogan's not coming out to dubbed music here on Peacock. Voodoo child went blasting a few weeks back when Hogan was going to "retire" and I thought it was like a courtesy or something. Now I hear it again instead of that weird ass guitar solo he's been coming out to that I've never heard in my life. It also comes with the loudest crowd I've ever heard EVERY time.

For God's sake Vince... I doubt that song is expensive to use these days. I don't know if that's worse or not using Demolitions old theme

The worst dub over ever is from 2005 One Night Stand. The painful and horrible "generic rock song #4" dubbed over Enter Sandman for Sandman's 5 minute long entrance is laughably bad.

and Test was the 3rd member of the Un-Americans

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

I thought they just dubbed the regular NWO theme over Hollywood's Voodoo Child version? Bischoff said he paid 100 grand for it back in the day and it would be more now

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
@Unholy Diver @BigBadBruins7708

I know Voodoo Child got dubbed out of the WCW stuff. Starrcade 97 is particularly horrible in retrospect because the camera shots, the lighting, Buffer narrating as Hogan is coming out is flawlessly executed to Voodoo Child. The old WWF and even today's WWE can't outdo it. Now it's just the generic NWO song. I couldn't remember if he had used Voodoo Child in his WWE return. I didn't suspect a dub at first (for one I forgot because just because a video game had Voodoo Child doesn't mean he had it on TV) but it wouldn't have been a bad idea to keep Hulkamania alive and maybe have a different tune for this go-around. It didn't make sense that his applause was so sustained every time he came out. That dub has him getting heat like it's 1986.

Also Lesnar helping Vince win 100% of the company is genuinely cool. I thought it was gonna be Taker and I was genuinely surprised

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
It's so bad...they didnt even fully cover up Enter Sandman, you can hear the 2 songs fighting. And they removed the crowd yelling all the lyrics

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: