Classic Wrestling Discussion: Part III & Wrestler Poll

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which 5 wrestlers do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Vince just gave one whale of a speech in regards to Stone Cold. It doesn't get any more real than that. That was literally Vince the person through and through. I gotta say I love how he never ever closes the door and if you burn the bridge he'll build it while you're gone and walk down it with open arms. I sincerely doubt he said anything else in real life other than that he's disappointed, he has a lot of apologies to make, expect the check in the mail and "We love you"

I completely understand why he is so successful. That was probably the best shoot I've ever seen

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Oh yeah I forgot. Last Smackdown the good reverend legit went on about the sin of masturbation before getting squashed in under a minute by Farooq. I'm not digging the APA and Dudley's being split. I would have been majorly disappointed as a fan without all this hindsight I have right here

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Vince just gave one whale of a speech in regards to Stone Cold. It doesn't get any more real than that. That was literally Vince the person through and through. I gotta say I love how he never ever closes the door and if you burn the bridge he'll build it while you're gone and walk down it with open arms. I sincerely doubt he said anything else in real life other than that he's disappointed, he has a lot of apologies to make, expect the check in the mail and "We love you"

I completely understand why he is so successful. That was probably the best shoot I've ever seen
I always found that interesting about Vince and honestly it has been good business for him.

Except for the Savage thing.

Babe Ruth

Looks wise.. I'm a solid 8.5
Feb 2, 2016
Forgive me, I'm late, and saw the poll was closed..
I would've written in Rick Rude & the Road Warriors, from their NWA days wrestling in the Southeast.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I always found that interesting about Vince and honestly it has been good business for him.

Except for the Savage thing.

I don't know if this is true but I heard when Stephanie was like 15 she and Macho.... Yeah you know where I'm going with that. That would be a pretty damn good reason to not do business with him.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Also I just finished the Raw before KOTR 2002 and the Rock came back, gave a thrilling speech as usual but it was about his love, dedication and wanting to be there. This might be too much irony for the morning time

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I don't know if this is true but I heard when Stephanie was like 15 she and Macho.... Yeah you know where I'm going with that. That would be a pretty damn good reason to not do business with him.
That seems to be the prevailing theory but it's one of the things in wrestling that no one knows. But even then, Savage was beginning to go into business with WWE again right before he died.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Saturn V has left for the moon. Brock got the main event match on Raw vs Booker T. You got the whole arena glowing redder than the pits of hell and the lower entrance screen playing his animations as he comes out to his brand new song and Paul Heyman told the NWO to stay out of the match or else. I got the next SmackDown and KOTR to go. Here comes the pain.

I don't know if it's shock, awe, nostalgia or curiosity of "why" in this push but I'm in disbelief

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I get the why on the push. You have Rock and Austin leaving back to back and a massive main event void.

Brock had all the pieces. Athletic freak, crazy look that people will pay to see, damn good in ring even if still green at this point.

His mic skills weren't there but that's what Heyman is for. He wasn't the first guy to use a mouth piece and wasn't the last.

Looking at the roster in 2002 if you're gonna hitch your wagon to a young guy to carry the company I can see why he was the choice

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I get the why on the push. You have Rock and Austin leaving back to back and a massive main event void.

Brock had all the pieces. Athletic freak, crazy look that people will pay to see, damn good in ring even if still green at this point.

His mic skills weren't there but that's what Heyman is for. He wasn't the first guy to use a mouth piece and wasn't the last.

Looking at the roster in 2002 if you're gonna hitch your wagon to a young guy to carry the company I can see why he was the choice

It almost feels more realistic that Vince was pushing a new talent to replace the void at the top (Brock winning KOTR makes sense) and then found out last minute Rock was leaving and said "Well Lesnar you're gonna be champ now" and everyone just made the best of it.

I think Edge could have pulled it off and main evented by Mania 19. Not unless Vince just wanted a completely clean slate. In that case you are absolutely correct. I don't think we should even count the first 3 months of Brock's career. Heyman just busts into locker rooms sniffing panties and harassing women while Lesnar just stands around sweating and drooling while doing average strong guy stuff in the ring. His KOTR quarter finals match with Booker is the first match that feels like the norm of his career. F5ing Bubba and killing one of the Hardy's is miniscule in comparison to what other things he can do. Like I almost can't see the "it" factor ya know? Like seeing a face in an illusion and THEN it makes sense

Either something happened organically like having to give the belt to Brock or enough guys said "Gaaahhhdddd Daayyuummm" to all the crazy physical stuff he could do and Vince gave his blessing either the day Austin quit or almost immediately after Judgment Day 2002 because he was slated to go over Austin after 3 matches with Bubba over (you guessed it) Heyman perving on Trish

I can't wait to see his feud with Cena. My God Cena was just unhinged at how much trash he'd talk like "I watched that footage like 400 times dawg!! There's NO WAY you have a concussion! Brock... In order to have a concussion you have to have a brain"

I'm gonna mark out when I see that again

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBadBruins7708

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Since last Saturday I have watched 277 Piper videos. I have yet to reach the halfway mark on the All Out of Bubblegum channel.

Once Game 4 wraps and a bit of reading Funk's autobio is complete I am going back at it. Piper's legacy is spectacular and I love that someone has put in the time to curate his WWF career.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Make no mistake though. Brock's run before KOTR is gonna make me soil myself. That squash match with Mark Henry is something I will NEVER forget

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
It almost feels more realistic that Vince was pushing a new talent to replace the void at the top (Brock winning KOTR makes sense) and then found out last minute Rock was leaving and said "Well Lesnar you're gonna champ now" and everyone just made the best of it.

I think Edge could have pulled it off and main evented by Mania 19. Not unless Vince just wanted a completely clean slate. In that case you are absolutely correct. I don't think we should even count the first 3 months of Brock's career. Heyman just busts into locker rooms sniffing panties and harassing women while Lesnar just stands around sweating and drooling while doing average strong guy stuff in the ring. His KOTR quarter finals match with Booker is the first match that feels like the norm of his career. F5ing Bubba and killing one of the Hardy's is miniscule in comparison to what other things he can do. Like I almost can't see the "it" factor ya know? Like seeing a face in an illusion and THEN it makes sense

Either something happened organically like having to give the belt to Brock or enough guys said "Gaaahhhdddd Daayyuummm" to all the crazy physical stuff he could do and Vince gave his blessing either the day Austin quit or almost immediately after Judgment Day 2002 because he was slated to go over Austin after 3 matches with Bubba over (you guessed it) Heyman perving on Trish

I can't wait to see his feud with Cena. My God Cena was just unhinged at how much trash he'd talk like "I watched that footage like 400 times dawg!! There's NO WAY you have a concussion! Brock... In order to have a concussion you have to have a brain"

I'm gonna mark out when I see that again

Agreed. I also think he was being built slower to take Austin's spot but Austin walking out then Rock going Hollywood accelerated it greatly. Especially that first title win.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
My gut told me HHH vs Taker was gonna turn into a train wreck because somehow the Rock was going to get involved. Knowing Taker would win I skipped to the end and was not disappointed at that horrid finish and Rock's involvement.

Oh yeah and holler at Brock doing freak stuff in the ring. This time catching RVD in mid air and making it into an F5

Holy shit Hogan tapped for Angle. That is genuinely insane. You guys have no idea how hard I marked out for that. It was legitimately the last thing I expected. I haven't been that shocked since he got Kane to do it. Austin too but lol how it shouldn't have counted.

Dude that is respect.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Chris Nowinski (No clue if I'm spelling this right) is one of the worst gimmicks I've seen to date. Harvard is your gimmick? Jesus Christ Vince. You just made a 10 minute speech about "RUTHLESS AGRESSION!!" complete with snarling and heavy breathing and you brought back the long lost member of the Mean Street Posse. Yes... the man went on to become something like a legitimate neuroscientist but that's almost insulting to such intelligence

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
lol Lensar speaks! At long last! His first words: "SHUDDUP PAWL!" Jesus Christ I forgot how thick this dude's prairie accent is. God I love it. Best accent in the USA hands down.

By the way, Golddust impersonating Steve Iwrin was absolute gold. One of the best segments I've ever seen

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Gotten a few episodes of Smackdown! and Raw down since KOTR 2002. A few thoughts

Look guys! It's John Cena! I knew to expect him soon but this was a nice little treat. You can't ask for a much better debut match.

Farooq and Orton vs D-Von and Batista. Only in 2002. These are the matches you look back on in "before they were famous"

The American discrimination against these amazing Canadian athletes is complete BS and I for one am proud of Lance Storm's courage and bravery as he goes and gets his ass kicked

No one walks into an arena to the sound of total silence with more authority than Test. God man, He just can't hold heat for long. He's like the meme of mom saying "We have Kevin Nash at home"

Brock Lesnar update: hype rocket has left earth's atmosphere. Preparing boosters now for course correction to the moon

Man... Shawn Michaels is just a little bit obnoxious isn't he? Like I don't know if this is just his get-up but damn if it's anything like real life then no wonder so many guys hated him. How did I not notice this the first time? Meh, I must've just been too busy enjoying it. Vince sure as hell looked at him the way an 11 year old boy stares at his crush from across the room every time he came out.

Golddust being Darth Vader was incredible. Holy shit man. Please tell me he's gonna do this every week for a while and Booker is just gonna cave in to the antics.

Wait... So Benoit just gets to compete willy nilly compete on Raw? Alright then... this must be where the rosters start flopping around. I swear he was a Smackdown guy at this time? Oh well. It was great to see him and Eddie have a match. Even if they did lose

Uhhhh...... did Big Evil just go tweener on us after that ladder match with Jeff Hardy? No! No damn it! That's not fair! That's not fair and you know it! I'm not ready for this. It was a heel I enjoyed damn it! *chokes back tears* I guess that means Kurt is now the best villian in the business again. *sigh* Oh well. It was good while it lasted. Aw damn it someone pass me the tissues and don't tell anyone I cried.

*suddenly remembers the Dr. of Thuganomics is imminent*

*Tears of joy*

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I forgot Hulk and Edge won the tag titles on the 4th* of July and Hulk came out to Real American. It's been so many years since I rewatched it and simply remembered the sheer euphoria of a young man winning a championship with his childhood hero. And in Boston of all places.

HE WAS MARKING OUT MAAAANNNNN!!!

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I redact my statements on Lesnar. I said Edge would have been the guy I pushed to the moon over Lesnar. Edge winning a title with Hogan under these circumstances (July 2nd in Boston) is bigger than what happened to Brock. I'm not saying any ordinary person can the main event a Mania and win his 2nd in a year. I'm saying this has way more moving parts and you can argue Kurt got more push his rookie year than Brock did whether he was WWF champ or not. Edge won a title with Babe Ruth on Independence Day. It doesn't matter if you're Canadian. That is THE blessing

I admit I haven't watched much the last 10 years but this is going to remain a top 10 moment ever in the history of Smackdown

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
OMG Nash just blew out his quad. I have finally seen the greatest meme in wrestling. Like it's not funny but it reminds me of this piece of shit I used to own (a '99 Chevy Malibu) and it didn't matter what I did, that hunk of garbage found some new way to break on me within weeks. Imagine spending so much money on it you have to tape your back windows up because the regulators on BOTH decided to fail. And you don't even use your back windows. That's Nash right now. Man, Kevin's quads died for the sins of HHH and Vince doing the exact same thing

Thank God this wasn't meant to be. I can't get hype for the NWO y'all. I can't do it. Wherever this angle is trying to go, I just don't care enough

Edit: To that car (you people DO NOT understand the blood feud I had with it 11-12 years ago) I hope you're in a scrap heap in China you worthless hunk of shit. I hope you get turned into a toilet so people can shit on you Bubba. I hope the Sheik kicks you in the balls in heaven

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
OMG Nash just blew out his quad. I have finally seen the greatest meme in wrestling. Like it's not funny but it reminds me of this piece of shit I used to own (a '99 Chevy Malibu) and it didn't matter what I did, that hunk of garbage found some new way to break on me within weeks. Imagine spending so much money on it you have to tape your back windows up because the regulators on BOTH decided to fail. And you don't even use your back windows. That's Nash right now. Man, Kevin's quads died for the sins of HHH and Vince doing the exact same thing

Thank God this wasn't meant to be. I can't get hype for the NWO y'all. I can't do it. Wherever this angle is trying to go, I just don't care enough

Edit: To that car (you people DO NOT understand the blood feud I had with it 11-12 years ago) I hope you're in a scrap heap in China you worthless hunk of shit. I hope you get turned into a toilet so people can shit on you Bubba. I hope the Sheik kicks you in the balls in heaven

That quad tear gave us one of the best post Attitude Era feuds in the 2nd half of 2002. Dont want to spoil who and what happens, but its great stuff and great matches

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
That quad tear gave us one of the best post Attitude Era feuds in the 2nd half of 2002. Dont want to spoil who and what happens, but its great stuff and great matches

By process of elimination I'm deducing it's HHH vs HBK because I know X-Pac and Nash are done for. I'm salivating like my dogs used to before I fed them. I have a very vague idea because I have spent 20 years trying to avoid spoilers and have caught tidbits there and here. I know at some point HHH and HBK will have an unsanctioned match at the Rumble that ends in a draw, something called 3 stages of hell (I have no clue what happens in it) and I think a few other tangles. I'm like 99% sure Bischoff is going to name HHH champ as soon as the big gold belt comes back

If it's something else don't tell me. It's thrilling to think about

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
By process of elimination I'm deducing it's HHH vs HBK because I know X-Pac and Nash are done for. I'm salivating like my dogs used to before I fed them. I have a very vague idea because I have spent 20 years trying to avoid spoilers and have caught tidbits there and here. I know at some point HHH and HBK will have an unsanctioned match at the Rumble that ends in a draw, something called 3 stages of hell (I have no clue what happens in it) and I think a few other tangles. I'm like 99% sure Bischoff is going to name HHH champ as soon as the big gold belt comes back

If it's something else don't tell me. It's thrilling to think about

Yeah, it's HHH and HBK

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
My goodness WWE is just hype train pushing the Rock so hard right now. I've never seen so much attention and fanfare given to a guy who is just gonna leave in a month. I am actually almost getting upset by it. Like I don't know who is betraying me here. I'm thinking long and hard about it and there's no way Vince didn't give Rock the belt for ratings. 2nd biggest show in the company, Rock's gotta have the belt. He's by far the biggest draw still left in the company at the time

Just saw Eric Bischoff's first episode on Raw. God this is amazing. Killing this NWO angle and going back to having general managers is the best thing they could have done. Almost time to see Stephanie again.

Onto Smackdown 3 days out to Vengeance 2002

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad