Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I just have a hard time believing that JC is a pos. I'll wait until camp before making that determination. To me it looks like hearsay, clickbait, opinions, and an overzealous agent.

Reactions: Jakey53 and jmelm

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I just have a hard time believing that JC is a pos. I'll wait until camp before making that determination. To me it looks like hearsay, clickbait, opinions, and an overzealous agent.
I’m certain he made it known he’d prefer not to go to Columbus. And we all know he’s made it clear he’d rather not play through a rebuild here.

I’m not bothered by either of those things. I’m not mad at Chychrun. And I don’t think he’s going to be a Kyle Turris scum bag about any of it. I don’t think holding out has ever crossed his mind. I think he’s going to work his butt off and try to up his value around the league.

Just because he’d rather not play through a rebuild doesnt mean he’s desperate to leave.
Telling Columbus he’s not thrilled about being traded there shows me that there’s at least one team below AZ on his list of preferred destinations. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were another five or six or seven teams he’d rank below AZ on his list.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I’m certain he made it known he’d prefer not to go to Columbus. And we all know he’s made it clear he’d rather not play through a rebuild here.

I’m not bothered by either of those things. I’m not mad at Chychrun. And I don’t think he’s going to be a Kyle Turris scum bag about any of it. I don’t think holding out has ever crossed his mind. I think he’s going to work his butt off and try to up his value around the league.

Just because he’d rather not play through a rebuild doesnt mean he’s desperate to leave.
Telling Columbus he’s not thrilled about being traded there shows me that there’s at least one team below AZ on his list of preferred destinations. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were another five or six or seven teams he’d rank below AZ on his list.

1 thing I doubt is they let the BJs talk to Chychrun, if anything it was GMBA who asked if he was willing to go to Columbus.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
So, BA says play well and I'll trade you. Chych can say, trade me or I'll sit out the start of the season. Chych wants out and BA wants him gone. With BA finding out market value is nowhere near what he thinks, this could backfire on BA. He is playing with fire now. Chych can sit out, play poorly, or get injured, none of which improves his trade value. Its pretty wishful thinking to say "ok Chych if you play real well, then we will trade you". That isn't going to motivate Chych. He has to be sick of being shopped for the last 8 months. This isn't a contract year for Chych, if it was then his motivation might be different and much better.
I don't think it's about motivation. I think BA has a price and it's either met or he's not trading Chychrun.

Reactions: Jakey53

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I don't think it's about motivation. I think BA has a price and it's either met or he's not trading Chychrun.
Exactly.
Chychrun brought this on. I hope everyone gets what they want and I hope it happens soon. In the meantime, Chychrun doesn't need our sympathy.

Reactions: Prarievarg

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You’re incorrect. Chychrun killed the deal. Columbus talked to Chychrun as a matter of course. With permission. And they killed the deal.
Unless you have proof, other than Morgan, you are reaching.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Exactly.
Chychrun brought this on. I hope everyone gets what they want and I hope it happens soon. In the meantime, Chychrun doesn't need our sympathy.
None of us know for sure what has happened behind closed doors, and that includes Morgan, rt, hbk, Cobra and the rest of us. It's all speculation. None of us know what Chychrun did or say except BA. It's my opinion, for what it's worth, is that Chychrun is a person of high character, a good young NHL player who wants to play elsewhere, and BA is trying to trade him and get equal or greater value back in a trade, and as a GM, that is his job. Say this Columbus story is true and Chychrun said he doesn't want play there, I'm sure he has a good reason. IF he did talk to Columbus, maybe he never got a good vibe. Again, all speculation, but to throw mud at Chychrun without knowing all the facts is insanely stupid.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA

Cut that reasonable way of looking at thing out! They're trying to have a heated debate on Chychrun holding out!

Sheesh, the audacity of some people. 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: Coyotedroppings

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I don't think anyone is throwing mud at Chychrun. I think he's widely respected across this forum.

Honestly, all this is is business. It's not personal, like Turris' situation was with Tippett. Chychrun is a dedicated professional player, and he's trying to do what's best for his career - which is to play on contending teams and contributing to a championship drive while he's in his prime. Armstrong is a dedicated professional general manager, and he's trying to do what's best for his career - which is to tear down the rickety shack that was our previous team construction and rebuild it from the foundation up into something that will persist in quality even after he's done.

I like Chychrun as a person and there are many things I love about his game. But from a business perspective, his age window makes him a luxury rather than a necessity. Based on where the team is right now, it's not critical for us to keep him, and it's not critical for him to stay. So if a trade proposal that makes sense comes across BA's and Chychrun's agent's desk, they're going to do the deal. Until then, he plays as a Coyote to his best limits.

Now, I reserve the right to change that opinion if Chychrun elects to hold out, but there have been no signs of that at all.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
I'd bet there are tons of parallels between Kessel's parting word and Chych's position.

I don't blame them, it's just not a good fit. For the good of the team, they have to move on.

Reactions: Mangosteen

cobra427

May 6, 2012
None of us know for sure what has happened behind closed doors, and that includes Morgan, rt, hbk, Cobra and the rest of us. It's all speculation. None of us know what Chychrun did or say except BA. It's my opinion, for what it's worth, is that Chychrun is a person of high character, a good young NHL player who wants to play elsewhere, and BA is trying to trade him and get equal or greater value back in a trade, and as a GM, that is his job. Say this Columbus story is true and Chychrun said he doesn't want play there, I'm sure he has a good reason. IF he did talk to Columbus, maybe he never got a good vibe. Again, all speculation, but to throw mud at Chychrun without knowing all the facts is insanely stupid.
Sure, none of us know anything, even if we hear from one side or the other, there are always 2 sides to the story. So we never really know.

We all have opinions, here is mine. I think BA went to Chych and told him he is part of the core, he is building by keeping our good young players, and building through the draft. Chych is on board at this point, wants to stay.

Then BA gets rid of Garland and DVO, then Bunting leaves. Chych has a rough start and figures out how much of his success was due to being paired with Goose and playing 3/4D matchups versus getting top pairing matchups with a third pairing D as his partner. Chych then says he wants out, this isn't what BA lead him to believe since he got rid of some good young players, and he now realizes tougher assignments and crappier team mates will effect his value as a player for his next contract.

Keller and Schmaltz could be asking for the same thing quietly, trade me.

Reactions: Mangosteen

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Simple answer...Nope! We're too late into the summer. If he's going to get traded, it will be at the deadline I believe. Teams will be far more likely to open the cupboards if certain teams are looking good in the standings.

Right now, 'zero' pressure, the season hasn't even started yet and plenty of teams have gone big on trades, so everything needs to sift out before we'll see him exchanged for hopefully some big pieces.

BA missed opportunity at draft and beginning of summer while FA was early in it's stages.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Blockbusters don't usually happen in August. Once the draft ended, the very next deadline was camp. And no deal was likely to happen before that deadline. Today is the first day since the draft ended that a trade would be at all likely. We've been on "pause" but fans have been wringing their hands and sweating and getting frustrated this whole time. It's made us feel like it's dragged on and on and we've lost hope. But it's been back-burnered by execs this whole time. They're just now picking it up again, dusting it off, and taking a look at it again.

All that's to say that I don't believe we are more or less likely to see a deal today than we were the day after the draft. All of the days in between the draft and today didn't actually count.

Simple answer...Nope! We're too late into the summer. If he's going to get traded, it will be at the deadline I believe. Teams will be far more likely to open the cupboards if certain teams are looking good in the standings.

Right now, 'zero' pressure, the season hasn't even started yet and plenty of teams have gone big on trades, so everything needs to sift out before we'll see him exchanged for hopefully some big pieces.

BA missed opportunity at draft and beginning of summer while FA was early in it's stages.
I'm guessing he turned down some deals at the draft that I would've accepted. I bet there haven't been any concrete offers since. I think the end of this week will be the first real offer since draft day.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Now:
To PIT:
Chychrun

To ARI:
Dumoulin
Sam Poulin
Joel Blomqvist
‘23 PIT 1st rounder
‘23 PIT 2nd rounder
---
Then:
To FLA:
Dumoulin

To ARI:
Hornqvist
‘23 FLA 2nd rounder
---
At TDL:
To FLA:
Hornqvist (50%)
Gostisbehere (50%)

To ARI:
Duclair (LTIR)
Samoskevisch
---

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Two things :)

Blue Jackets fans seem very nice.

According to them they didn’t hear anything about him refusing a trade. Same point that some of us have is that he’s no power in his contract. My only guess is BA floated the trade by him and he said he didn’t want to go. BA being nice rescinded the trade offer. Maybe :)

Reactions: PainForShane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $28,564.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bolivia vs Panama