Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If I was Chychrun’s agent I would be recommending him to sit out. Injuries and poor season will lower his opportunities to play elsewhere.
You would recommend sitting out after sabotaging a trade. Oh yeah trams will be lining up to give Chychrun a big contract in a few years time. Great agent advice.

Reactions: Nowotny

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
We don’t know if he said no. The Coyotes didn’t say he did and the Blue jackets denied it. I just want this drama to end hbk. Too much risk if he starts the season.

He has no real way to stop a trade in his contract.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
We don’t know if he said no. The Coyotes didn’t say he did and the Blue jackets denied it. I just want this drama to end hbk. Too much risk if he starts the season.

He has no real way to stop a trade in his contract.
We have a reporter with fairly good knowledge on the Coyotes who has gone on record indicating that Chychrun sabotaged a trade. The drama that remains was caused by Chychrun. AZ was ready to move on and the only reason Chychrun is still a Coyote today is because he chose that in his actions by sabotaging that deal. BA has every right to be pissed. Not Chychrun. Moral high ground is gone.

Reactions: Nowotny

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It seems odd that not one reporter of consequence has picked up this story of the number 1 trade target this summer nixing a trade that he had no ability to nix?? Just odd. But hey believe what you want. Garrioch reported Colombus thought they had a deal in place at the draft and then they didn't. Sounded more like AZ backed away, guessing the draft order might have changed Bill's thoughts??

Reactions: Jakey53 and Kaizen

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It seems odd that not one reporter of consequence has picked up this story of the number 1 trade target this summer nixing a trade that he had no ability to nix?? Just odd. But hey believe what you want. Garrioch reported Colombus thought they had a deal in place at the draft and then they didn't. Sounded more like AZ backed away, guessing the draft order might have changed Bill's thoughts??
Morgan isn’t a reporter of consequence? The only real source of anything Coyotes isn’t good enough?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
No he isn't imo
That’s fine.

Our views on this subject are going to be diametrically opposed if we are entering into the conversation with different assumptions.

My view is BA is not going to take less of a return than what he had agreed to in principle with Columbus.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
That’s fine.

Our views on this subject are going to be diametrically opposed if we are entering into the conversation with different assumptions.

My view is BA is not going to take less of a return than what he had agreed to in principle with Columbus.
I understand that. I just don't believe Columbus would have ever given the player the option to nix any deal. And I don't believe for a second if that rumour had any substance it would have been widely reported rather than one Morgan rumour.

Anyone know when it was that Columbus supposedly thought they had a deal? Was it at the draft or prior?
The Columbus Blue Jackets thought they had a deal for Jakob Chychrun at the NHL draft," said Garrioch. "The deal fell through, I'm not really sure what happened there. But they felt they had a deal in place and the deal died."

Reactions: Jakey53 and Kaizen

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I understand that. I just don't believe Columbus would have ever given the player the option to nix any deal. And I don't believe for a second if that rumour had any substance it would have been widely reported rather than one Morgan rumour.
I don’t think it’s unreasonable for a team to want to speak to the player and/or his camp before ownership signs off on a trade and if that call involves the player saying he doesn’t want to play for the acquiring organization that they would just elect to back away from the trade.

When/if the rest of hockey media gets back from holidays I anticipate it will be confirmed at that point.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I don’t think it’s unreasonable for a team to want to speak to the player and/or his camp before ownership signs off on a trade and if that call involves the player saying he doesn’t want to play for the acquiring organization that they would just elect to back away from the trade.

When/if the rest of hockey media gets back from holidays I anticipate it will be confirmed at that point.
Certainly possible on last paragraph, my thought would obviously change if that happened.

Reactions: Jakey53

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Certainly possible on last paragraph, my thought would obviously change if that happened.
We did have one report that Columbus thought they had a deal and then something happened. Question is it what Morgan is reporting or AZ demanding more return. Those seem to be the only two options.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
We did have one report that Columbus thought they had a deal and then something happened. Question is it what Morgan is reporting or AZ demanding more return. Those seem to be the only two options.
Garrioch, no idea if credible, seemed to suggest it changed on the Coyote's end. He said Columbus thought they had a deal and then it died.

Reactions: Jakey53

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Garrioch, no idea if credible, seemed to suggest it changed on the Coyote's end. He said Columbus thought they had a deal and then it died.
If he is right then Ottawa is still bidding against Columbus. Unless Columbus just magically abandoned all interest in Chychrun for no real reason.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
The Columbus Blue Jackets thought they had a deal for Jakob Chychrun at the NHL draft," said Garrioch. "The deal fell through, I'm not really sure what happened there. But they felt they had a deal in place and the deal died."
If the deal had been agreed to before the draft I could see Columbus doing their due diligence and calling Chychrun. Possibly hearing from him that he isn't really too excited about playing there. Columbus has second thoughts and backs out.

Would there be enough time for communication between Columbus and Chychrun on the draft floor? When the picks they would've been discussing are coming fast? Doesn't seem like it to me, but again, we all know nothing with certainty about anything. Still, the bias in me says that it probably happened somehow.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Sounds like the BJs would have sought a trade if Jiricek wasn't there. I can see them taking Gauthier and Chychrun if they had to, but Jiricek and Geekie and keep your assets was more desirable to them. And then we traded up and made them resort to best player available. Trading up was our plan B.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't expect Chychrun to sit out, but I'd sure like training camp to start so I can put to rest that little bit of uneasiness I do have over the possibility

He might sit out, I would consider that if I were him. BA holds all the cards and can let Chych dangle in the wind forever. What good will that do? Maximize the return we all hope, but at what cost? We get a sideshow in preseason, reporters will be asking Chych, do you want to stay, when do you think you will be moved, then it continues into the season. The players all know he is getting moved and won't be here.

The rest of the NHL Gm's will understand why Chych would sit out, every GM has had a conversation with BA, they know Chych has been shopped for 9 months. Chych has played nice so far, sitting out will help force BA's hand.
Chych is not going to sit out. Chych could be here for the year. Just because he asked for a trade, if he in fact did, doesn't mean he will be gone before the season starts. He isn't the first player that wanted a trade and had to wait.

If i’m BA i yell at Chychrun’s agent “We f***ing had a deal done and YOU are the only reason you are are still a Coyote”. You want out. Get us the same return. Period.
That Columbus deal was speculation as far as what I have heard. Time to chill out.

Reactions: jmelm

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We have a reporter with fairly good knowledge on the Coyotes who has gone on record indicating that Chychrun sabotaged a trade. The drama that remains was caused by Chychrun. AZ was ready to move on and the only reason Chychrun is still a Coyote today is because he chose that in his actions by sabotaging that deal. BA has every right to be pissed. Not Chychrun. Moral high ground is gone.
Do you believe everything Morgan says? Morgan has been more wrong than right over the years. BA is not going to tell Morgan anything of importance.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Do you believe everything Morgan says? Morgan has been more wrong than right over the years. BA is not going to tell Morgan anything of importance.
When he is asked a direct question and he responds do i think he is telling the truth when he answers? Yes. Yes i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad