Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Just like we should never count the opinion of someone who doesn’t watch the games.
Anyone can have an opinion. By the way, when was the last Coyote game you ATTENDED, and how many have you attended? I would venture to guess that I have attended more games in one year than you have in your lifetime, so I would say my opinion counts as much as yours and Morgan's.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Garrioch, no idea if credible, seemed to suggest it changed on the Coyote's end. He said Columbus thought they had a deal and then it died.
Yet, everyone seems to be dumping on Chych and his agent, without really knowing the facts, but I guess that is norm for these boards.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Anyone can have an opinion. By the way, when was the last Coyote game you ATTENDED, and how many have you attended? I would venture to guess that I have attended more games in one year than you have in your lifetime, so I would say my opinion counts as much as yours and Morgan's.
Anyone can have an opinion Jake. As uninformed as it may be if you don’t actually watch the games. You don’t like Morgan. Fine. We will differ in our interpretation of what the next step will be.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Anyone can have an opinion Jake. As uninformed as it may be if you don’t actually watch the games. You don’t like Morgan. Fine. We will differ in our interpretation of what the next step will be.
Doesn't matter what you or I think what the next step will be does it? Only BA can answer that. How does watching, or attending the games for that matter, have anything to do with the Chychrun trade?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Doesn't matter what you or I think what the next step will be does it? Only BA can answer that. How does watching, or attending the games for that matter, have anything to do with the Chychrun trade?
Here’s how these forums typically work. People see or read something and they come here to discuss it. I saw and heard Morgan allude to something. I asked a direct question. He clarified. I brought it here to discuss. You dismissed the source.

Reactions: Jakey53

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I still think that a deal never materialized at the draft because the BJs drafted Jiricek instead and there was no real need for a LHD, not as much as a RHD. Chychrun was the back up plan if Nemec and Jiricek weren't there. Probably had discussions before to determine which assets would be moved and it leaked out the BJs wanted a RHD and a power center from the 6 & 12.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
If Chychrun sits out, it's ugly for both Chychrun and the Coyotes. It hurts Chychrun far more. Bill could just let him sit, improve the tank and gain a contract year.

Chychrun will play and I expect we'll see him close to his best.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
If I was Chychrun’s agent I would be recommending him to sit out. Injuries and poor season will lower his opportunities to play elsewhere.
He had a chance to go to Columbus. He’s made his own bed.

I still think that a deal never materialized at the draft because the BJs drafted Jiricek instead and there was no real need for a LHD, not as much as a RHD. Chychrun was the back up plan if Nemec and Jiricek weren't there. Probably had discussions before to determine which assets would be moved and it leaked out the BJs wanted a RHD and a power center from the 6 & 12.
The deal didn’t materialize because Chychrun didn’t want to go there.

Sounds like the BJs would have sought a trade if Jiricek wasn't there. I can see them taking Gauthier and Chychrun if they had to, but Jiricek and Geekie and keep your assets was more desirable to them. And then we traded up and made them resort to best player available. Trading up was our plan B.
It was Chychrun’s camp that killed the deal. Not Columbus or their draft board.

Reactions: Nowotny

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Late to the party, anyone want to break down what’s happening here?
Morgan confirmed his earlier report that Chychrun sabotaged a trade to Columbus. Some folks here don’t believe Morgan and some folks do. If you don’t believe Morgan you might believe there is a risk Chychrun holds out and destroys trade value. If you believe Chychrun did blow up the trade it’s probably your opinion that it is unlikely he would hold out.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Chych is not going to sit out. Chych could be here for the year. Just because he asked for a trade, if he in fact did, doesn't mean he will be gone before the season starts. He isn't the first player that wanted a trade and had to wait.

That Columbus deal was speculation as far as what I have heard. Time to chill out.
Chych might sit out. Has he said, hey I'll be at camp on time, I look forward to being a Coyote? He has waited almost a year, thats long enough, sitting out might be the only leverage he has right now. If i was his agent, I would tell BA, you've jacked us around in trade talks for a year, my client isn't reporting to training camp, trade him, you have had multiple offers, not just the supposed CBJ offer.

Let that set in through part of training camp. We all know Chych is a solid 3/4D with upside on a great contract. Some of you think he is top pairing now, I don't. never the less, he has plenty of value and plenty of teams would want him, it's ridiculous that BA has not traded him yet, he had the TDL, the draft, and the entire summer to move him. It should have been done by now. The player is getting jacked around now. Like I say, I would sit out and poison the well a little to get this over with.

Reactions: Mangosteen

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
He had a chance to go to Columbus. He’s made his own bed.

The deal didn’t materialize because Chychrun didn’t want to go there.

It was Chychrun’s camp that killed the deal. Not Columbus or their draft board.
I'm sorry but I don't buy into the notion that Chychrun killed the deal. The BJs didn't talk to Chychrun, they aren't allowed to. It has been reported that the 2 gms did communicate a couple of days before the draft, so a deal was discussed before the draft and was killed at the draft. I speculated that it was the BJs drafting Jiricek and then rescinded any claims of a deal taking place. It doesn't seem feasible that a player wanting out, who doesn't have trade protection nixed the trade unless both GM and the player do not want a trade to happen. Chychrun's statement tells me he doesn't want to be traded during the season.

Reactions: jmelm

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'm sorry but I don't buy into the notion that Chychrun killed the deal. The BJs didn't talk to Chychrun, they aren't allowed to. It has been reported that the 2 gms did communicate a couple of days before the draft, so a deal was discussed before the draft and was killed at the draft. I speculated that it was the BJs drafting Jiricek and then rescinded any claims of a deal taking place. It doesn't seem feasible that a player wanting out, who doesn't have trade protection nixed the trade unless both GM and the player do not want a trade to happen. Chychrun's statement tells me he doesn't want to be traded during the season.
Your speculation doesn't align with Craig Morgan's account or with the CBJ account (they thought they had a deal done).

Maybe you're right. I suspect Craig Morgan is instead.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Chych might sit out. Has he said, hey I'll be at camp on time, I look forward to being a Coyote? He has waited almost a year, thats long enough, sitting out might be the only leverage he has right now. If i was his agent, I would tell BA, you've jacked us around in trade talks for a year, my client isn't reporting to training camp, trade him, you have had multiple offers, not just the supposed CBJ offer.

Let that set in through part of training camp. We all know Chych is a solid 3/4D with upside on a great contract. Some of you think he is top pairing now, I don't. never the less, he has plenty of value and plenty of teams would want him, it's ridiculous that BA has not traded him yet, he had the TDL, the draft, and the entire summer to move him. It should have been done by now. The player is getting jacked around now. Like I say, I would sit out and poison the well a little to get this over with.
For 3 years?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Your speculation doesn't align with Craig Morgan's account or with the CBJ account (they thought they had a deal done).

If you believe the Columbus account that they thought tgey had a deal.....does that not kinda mean it fell apart on the Coyotes side?

Reactions: Jakey53

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40

I missed the part of the BJs thinking they had a deal done. I've only read where they denied it.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
You’re incorrect. Chychrun killed the deal. Columbus talked to Chychrun as a matter of course. With permission. And they killed the deal.

Nov 14, 2018
No way chychrun sits out. He has a contract for 3 more seasons. Sitting out now would cost him money when he becomes a UFA. What team will want to give him a big contract if he might sit out when times get tough.

He’ll play, he’ll probably pout, suck and then get hurt. And we’ll trade him for a mid-tier prospect and a lower 1st just to put an end to this

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
You’re incorrect. Chychrun killed the deal. Columbus talked to Chychrun as a matter of course. With permission. And they killed the deal.
“If” this is correct Amigo I think Chyc really hurt his chances of being traded with a strong return for the Yotes. I still believe we need to move him even if the return is not what BA thinks his value is. A top 10 pick and a young reclamation player would make me happy at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad