Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Why? I thought Dumoulin was decent and Pettersson is bottom pair?

I think the Petterson criticism is overblown, primarily because of his salary. I believe he’s going to be among the majority of “typical” defensemen who will continue to improve and will really hit his peak in his later 20s. I expect he’s got another level or two to get to over the next few years.

Dumoulin is an absolute warrior who helped lead the Pens to 2 cups, but he turns 31 in a few days and with one year left on his deal, I think the Pens should go younger by keeping Pettersson rather than re-signing Dumoulin. Pens’ management might disagree.

Dumo would be a prime deadline acquisition, and should yield 2 x 2nd rounders or equivalent prospect value. He should absolutely be in the same category as David Savard or Ben Chiarot. So I think he would be a more desirable piece to get in return for AZ in that respect.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Well, I feel like Dumo helps them win a cup in the next two years more than Pettersson does. But I’m not a pens fan.

I’m more wondering if Chychrun for Poulin, Blomqvist and a 1st is about fair (aside from dumps, etc)

Dumoulin is living off his reputation. Multiple significant lower body injuries have killed his skating which effectively have killed his game.

Pettersson lost favor of the coaching staff, but he was playing 20+ minutes a night in the playoffs and was the least of our problems on the back end.

The thing with Dumoulin versus Petts is Dumo is not cap controlled and he’s 30+. He’s a perfect player for the Pens to move and for a team like Arizona to capitalize on at the deadline.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
This would be a disappointing return.

Add a 2nd to offset Pettersson?

If the Pens included Dumoulin who can be flipped for 2 x 2nds (or 2nd + 3rd, or 2nd + B prospect) then that enhances the trade value in this deal.

Including Brock McGinn for another 2nd rounder also could help both teams. Helps AZ remain cap compliant after they trade Dumoulin and gives them a good quality and high character 3rd liner & PKer who's locked up for 2 more years after this one, and we know BA is looking for guys with a bit of term on their deals to help ensure the team can reach the floor in the next few years because he knows it's hard to attract players over that time while the team is bad and playing at ASU.

Or we can make it an even bigger deal if the Yotes are really willing to trade Schmaltz :)

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Thanks for sharing that @hbk.

IF that's true than I lost the last little bit of respect I had left for him. Send him to the worst team in the NHL for whatever they can pay, just out of spite lol.

Edit: ONE good season and it gets to his head and the entitlement kicks in... Geez!

Hello, I'm looking for employees. Can I interest you in a mandatory job offer and relocation?

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello, I'm looking for employees. Can I interest you in a mandatory job offer and relocation?
No thanks. I've chosen a career in which relocation and travel aren't the norm. There's a reason NTCs, NMCs, contracts, and free agency exist. He's got none of those. And there's nothing "mandatory" about Chychrun's request for relocation lol.

Last edited:

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
No thanks. I've chosen a career in which relocation and travel aren't the norm. There's a reason NTCs, NMCs, contracts, and free agency exist. He's got none of those.
I see, I guess saying "I prefer not to live somewhere" is only a crime for some.

As others have noted, he had no tools to actually sabotage this trade. So maybe you're just over reacting.

• Haha
Reactions: Baby Doaner

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I see, I guess saying "I prefer not to live somewhere" is only a crime for some.

As others have noted, he had no tools to actually sabotage this trade. So maybe you're just over reacting.
Me? Look inward here lol. I was being sarcastic (mostly) with my original post you're freaking out about lol.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Me? Look inward here lol. I was being sarcastic (mostly) with my original post you're freaking out about lol.
Ah I see, I was taking you at your word. I need strong communicators, so I retract my mandatory job offer. No internment for you or Chychrun I guess!

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I don't expect Chychrun to sit out, but I'd sure like training camp to start so I can put to rest that little bit of uneasiness I do have over the possibility
He might sit out, I would consider that if I were him. BA holds all the cards and can let Chych dangle in the wind forever. What good will that do? Maximize the return we all hope, but at what cost? We get a sideshow in preseason, reporters will be asking Chych, do you want to stay, when do you think you will be moved, then it continues into the season. The players all know he is getting moved and won't be here.

The rest of the NHL Gm's will understand why Chych would sit out, every GM has had a conversation with BA, they know Chych has been shopped for 9 months. Chych has played nice so far, sitting out will help force BA's hand.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
He might sit out, I would consider that if I were him. BA holds all the cards and can let Chych dangle in the wind forever. What good will that do? Maximize the return we all hope, but at what cost? We get a sideshow in preseason, reporters will be asking Chych, do you want to stay, when do you think you will be moved, then it continues into the season. The players all know he is getting moved and won't be here.

The rest of the NHL Gm's will understand why Chych would sit out, every GM has had a conversation with BA, they know Chych has been shopped for 9 months. Chych has played nice so far, sitting out will help force BA's hand.
If i’m BA i yell at Chychrun’s agent “We f***ing had a deal done and YOU are the only reason you are are still a Coyote”. You want out. Get us the same return. Period.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I could see him considering sitting out IF BA's ask is too high and he feels BA has passed up good offers. I could also see BA giving Chychrun a big middle finger IF he nixed any deals that met BA's ask.

There's signs either scenario could be going on behind the scenes.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
If i’m BA i yell at Chychrun’s agent “We f***ing had a deal done and YOU are the only reason you are are still a Coyote”. You want out. Get us the same return. Period.
There are plenty of teams that want Chych and I suspect a few of them have made reasonable offers. Yelling at his agent, who cares. If Chych sits out it will force BAs hand some more and create a sideshow nobody wants. At some point, you just need to get a deal done because trying to take every last nickel off the table can back fire, ask me how I know this.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
There are plenty of teams that want Chych and I suspect a few of them have made reasonable offers. Yelling at his agent, who cares. If Chych sits out it will force BAs hand some more and create a sideshow nobody wants. At some point, you just need to get a deal done because trying to take every last nickel off the table can back fire, ask me how I know this.
He ain’t sitting out and i would toll that contract as soon as i could and take a UfA year when this team is moving towards actually competing.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
If I was Chychrun’s agent I would be recommending him to sit out. Injuries and poor season will lower his opportunities to play elsewhere.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
If I was Chychrun’s agent I would be recommending him to sit out. Injuries and poor season will lower his opportunities to play elsewhere.
I've been thinking of this scenario too. If he plays and gets injured again or disappoints it's likely to affect the desired outcome(s) for both the Coyotes and Chychrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad