Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I believe he will have a higher risk of injury because he want / have to drive the play all the time. We have very limited offence and set up players. He will try to drive the play and get crushed. Second we have almost 3 lines of hacks. They will do stupid stuff to the opponents stars players. In return he will be targeted. I truly believe if he plays this year he will suffer major injury.

He’s a winner, used to winning and enjoys it. We are “trying” for another year of 20 wins. And guess what next year will be. Flying around in corporate jets and hotels sucks and gets old fast. You have to love what you are doing and enjoy your work. It what he spends 50 hours a week doing.
I’m sorry, but your 1st paragraph doesn’t make logical sense to me.

And your second paragraph isn’t relative. The options aren’t travel or don’t travel. They’re NHL travel or WHL travel.

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
Top prospects play on awful teams all the time in their first years. Mikko Rantanen was a rookie on the 2017 Avs team.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
I’m sorry, but your 1st paragraph doesn’t make logical sense to me.

And your second paragraph isn’t relative. The options aren’t travel or don’t travel. They’re NHL travel or WHL travel.
I am saying travelling sucks, a bed is a bed. Don’t think that how you travel is that much of a factor. I personally believe loving what you are doing is the greatest factor in job satisfaction. I can’t believe being on a team designed to lose as enjoyable. I was on a major project that was sabotage by ownership. I quit within a month.

Might of been better for the company but it was my reputation and values on the line. It was an 18 month project and who would want to be miserable for 18 months. It would seep into your home and personal life.

1st argument, half of our team is pretty much goons. They will try to mix it up by taking cheap shots at other team stars. There 4th liners will target our kids to make them behave.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The pearl clutching with Guenther seems incredibly premature. 19 year olds care about establishing themselves and earning a big deal after their ELC. There is no better place than on a team with absolutely zero RW options in front of you. Tourigny will give him all the TOI he can handle.

While the team is not actively trying to win as much as theoretically possible, they are trying to develop young players. That's an ideal environment to be in.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I am saying travelling sucks, a bed is a bed. Don’t think that how you travel is that much of a factor. I personally believe loving what you are doing is the greatest factor in job satisfaction. I can’t believe being on a team designed to lose as enjoyable. I was on a major project that was sabotage by ownership. I quit within a month.

Might of been better for the company but it was my reputation and values on the line. It was an 18 month project and who would want to be miserable for 18 months. It would seep into your home and personal life.

1st argument, half of our team is pretty much goons. They will try to mix it up by taking cheap shots at other team stars. There 4th liners will target our kids to make them behave.
I really don’t know how to respond. He’s obviously going to be way more excited to play for the Coyotes than for the Oil Kings and it’s not even close. It’s not debatable.

He’s also not more likely to become injured playing for the Coyotes than he would be for Montreal, Philadelphia, San Jose, Seattle, or Chicago.

This rough stuff fantasy you’ve got going isn’t based on anything. Nobody is going to hurt Dylan Guenther on purpose.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
The pearl clutching with Guenther seems incredibly premature. 19 year olds care about establishing themselves and earning a big deal after their ELC. There is no better place than on a team with absolutely zero RW options in front of you. Tourigny will give him all the TOI he can handle.

While the team is not actively trying to win as much as theoretically possible, they are trying to develop young players. That's an ideal environment to be in.
Yea. All of that.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

I get your points and they have validity, but I'd bet that he'd rather be in the show, than not.

Reactions: Jakey53

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
This rough stuff fantasy you’ve got going isn’t based on anything. Nobody is going to hurt Dylan Guenther on purpose.
I hope he only plays 8 games this year. Next year when we are starting to play to win, hell ya

This year we may be the most penalized team. I can see some retaliation on our better players.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If this roster doesn’t change drastically up front, he’s going to score 20 goals on this team and finish top five in Calder voting.
That's a tough nut to crack. Has any ninth pick scored 20 goals their first year in the NHL? There probably is but it is far and few between. If I was a betting man I would take that bet.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
This is where I lean. I want those 8 games to take a month though so he can train, eat and travel with the pros for a while.

Not really a fan of this system. Too Strome and Hayton esque. I'd rather just give him the full 9 games in a row. He can either play now or he can't.

The other thing re: Guenther is the Oil Kings are going to suck next year, so is that the right environment for him? Or is he just better off in Tempe altogether?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
That's a tough nut to crack. Has any ninth pick scored 20 goals their first year in the NHL? There probably is but it is far and few between. If I was a betting man I would take that bet.
What a weird question but strangely the 9th overall seems to be mainly used on drafting D. Most notably Leetch back in 88.

To answer tour question though the only one that comes to mind is Brind’Amour.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
What a weird question but strangely the 9th overall seems to be mainly used on drafting D. Most notably Leetch back in 88.

To answer tour question though the only one that comes to mind is Brind’Amour.
I suspect Jakey was referring to players picked outside of the top 8. I think Kyle Connor is an example of a guy with similar scoring ability, picked outside the top 8. He scored 31 in his first full season, but that was D+3, whereas Guenther is entering his D+2.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
You guys honestly already forgot about Peter Mueller? Dang.
He was 8th!

I suspect Jakey was referring to players picked outside of the top 8. I think Kyle Connor is an example of a guy with similar scoring ability, picked outside the top 8. He scored 31 in his first full season, but that was D+3, whereas Guenther is entering his D+2.
I went literal just to be difficult. It is interesting how frequent the 9th pick is a D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad