Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
This is one you can’t blame on the Yotes. It was the series of traumatic brain injuries. I believe Rob Blake was the cause of the first (and the worst) of them.

EDIT: I’m going off of memory, here. And this was over a decade ago. Haha.
Funny part still feels like yesterday:)

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Peter mueller took my sister on a couple dates back in the day. Good dude, butter soft.

Reactions: jmelm

IronFinn

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2022
Scottsdale
Peter Mueller is still playing pro hockey over in the Czech league. He has been there for 4 straight seasons now.

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
We should trade him. He doesn't want to be here. He's been quiet, no one in management seems comfortable even talking about him. Fish, Keller, Crouse ect seem to be engaged. No updates like, "Yeah, we spoke with him he's on track and looking forward to the season." This is my biased opinion; He thinks he deserves better.

I just don't like his attitude. He's too serious. That might sound strange but he just looks and sounds like he's mad all the time. Like, "Oh, I'm supposed to be the face of the franchise?! Well, where's all my help!" That's just me projecting but I get that feeling from him.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Didn't Morris or some other vet complain about his training or his attitude?
I believe he made the same mistake that most make after their first season in trying to add too much muscle mass which slowed him down.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
This is one you can’t blame on the Yotes. It was the series of traumatic brain injuries. I believe Rob Blake was the cause of the first (and the worst) of them.

EDIT: I’m going off of memory, here. And this was over a decade ago. Haha.

Concussions, but also he bulked up WAY too much after his big year (can't remember if on his own initiative or because the coach wanted him to) and lost all his mobility and nimbleness that made his game worthwhile.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks for sharing that @hbk. Did Morgan ever respond regarding this? Just curious if there's more than one source for the rumor.

So the claim is that we could've gotten one of Columbus' high 2022 firsts for Chychrun and he got involved and killed the deal? IF that's true than I lost the last little bit of respect I had left for him. Send him to the worst team in the NHL for whatever they can pay, just out of spite lol.

Edit: ONE good season and it gets to his head and the entitlement kicks in... Geez!

Reactions: Mangosteen

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Thanks for sharing that @hbk. Did Morgan ever respond regarding this? Just curious if there's more than one source for the rumor.

So the claim is that we could've gotten one of Columbus' high 2022 firsts for Chychrun and he got involved and killed the deal? IF that's true than I lost the last little bit of respect I had left for him. Send him to the worst team in the NHL for whatever they can pay, just out of spite lol.

Edit: ONE good season and it gets to his head and the entitlement kicks in... Geez!
Yeah. I posted it earlier. He said that he heard the same (and reported it) but his Cokumbus source denied it.

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I was always curious about that situation and what kind of stories you might hear. Of course nobody needs their private lives detailed in print online by someone else so I'm not going to ask.

Reactions: SR

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
He told them he didn’t want to play for their organization.
Yep.

We can also deduce rather easily that AZ knew CBJ was taking Geekie at 12th (this was very clear from the Plandowski/Jankowksi post draft recap video). So it’s pretty reasonable and fairly obvious to expect that the primary piece in the deal was 12th overall, which we’d have used on Geekie, assuming San Jose didn’t pick him, or move down with a different team who wanted him.

Even if we did get 12th, I’d personally have done the SJS deal and picked Mateychuk. For me, Mateychuk+Ceulemans+something small is a still a great deal for Chychrun.

Heck, I’d deal Chychrun for Mateychuk, Ceulemans, Nyquist and a ‘23 2nd right now. No problem. Maybe the Johnny signing changed Chychrun’s mind? Haha. Not happening.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Chychrun for Pettersson (dump), Poulin, Blomqvist, ‘23 1st. Who says no?

If I’m the Pens GM, I want to keep Petterrsson and instead trade Dumoulin (who will be in VERY high demand to flip to another team nor or later in the season). That brings more positive value to the Yotes.

But I’d also like to include a 24/25/26 2nd (AZ’s choice) to include Brock McGinn. Very solid 3rd liner & PKer, but with Carter & Kapanen getting paid over $3M each, I think McGinn could be moved to create a bit more room. Also helps the Yotes stay above the floor if they flip Dumoulin and will be yet another trade candidate to flip down the road.

I think the Pens would be willing to part with Blomqvist if they sign Jarry long term, and I wonder if they’re going to try to get an extension done before the season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad