Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I would love for the return to include 2 actual 1st round picks that only have a minor amount of protections on them. I wouldn't care if they were for 2024 and 2025, because it doesn't seem realistic to get a 2023 1st AND another 1st.

We've got a big wave of prospects coming up. I think the rebuild would benefit from having another later wave of high end prospects.

Another consideration for getting picks further in the future is that it allows more time for the contending teams to fall apart and give us higher picks than expected.
I'm all about the picks. You hire Picasso to paint not to do your hair. Teams are going to be reluctant to give you their A1 prospect and I'm not excited about roster players in a tank year unless you are talking young guys like Kakko or Chytl where the Rangers are going to have a big problem when their next contract comes up.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Where would jersey gauge Tatar's value? I know he would be a player Arizona would want a asset for taking on but in terms of him to his team... But is he someone the Jersey would like to move on from enough to view as neutral or negative value?

All speculation because I haven't heard a rumour about them in a while...
But with how much they are trying to take the next step to improve. And how many high picks they've had. With them getting Palat...would they want to shed Tatar and bring in chychrun to start rounding out their left side?

Chych
Ritchie

For

Tatar
Holtz
23' 1st
Mukhamadullin (jersey has a surplus of RHD)
MAYBE a Bahl or younger player along those lines depending on where Tatar's value is gauged

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Assuming they keep KAM and Lindgren, Kakko would need to be in the deal to make the money work.

Chychrun@50% for Lundkvist + Kakko + ???

As a base of a deal it's not sexy, but maybe you squeeze out more total overall value.

Chychrun should be a Florida Panther by now so this is all rather very dumb and I'm tired of talking about it.
I’d do Chychrun at 50% for Lundkvist, Kakko and a 1st. And I’d be pretty happy about it, too.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I’d do Chychrun at 50% for Lundkvist, Kakko and a 1st. And I’d be pretty happy about it, too.
On second thought, I don’t know if NYR would give that much up. But this does look pretty fun…

Keller-Boyd-Schmaltz
Crouse-Hayton-Kakko
Ritchie-Bjugstad-Kassian
McBain-Smith-Fischer

…maybe we add Timmins as a cheap replacement to sweeten the pot a little?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm all about the picks. You hire Picasso to paint not to do your hair. Teams are going to be reluctant to give you their A1 prospect and I'm not excited about roster players in a tank year unless you are talking young guys like Kakko or Chytl where the Rangers are going to have a big problem when their next contract comes up.
I'm all about value. I don't think anyone wants an older roster player, but guys like Kakko fits the bill.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Where would jersey gauge Tatar's value? I know he would be a player Arizona would want a asset for taking on but in terms of him to his team... But is he someone the Jersey would like to move on from enough to view as neutral or negative value?

But with how much they are trying to take the next step to improve. And how many high picks they've had. With them getting Palat...would they want to shed Tatar and bring in chychrun to start rounding out their left side?

Chych
Ritchie

For

Tatar
Holtz
23' 1st
MAYBE a Bahl or younger player along those lines depending on where Tatar's value is gauged
Don't follow the Devils, except on these boards, but I think it comes down to Severson and how Nemec will adapt to North American hockey. Now once they figure that out and the anticipated Severson trade, they may consider trading for Chychrun. I like the return of Bahl, 1st, + from NJ. Part of the Severson trade could be used. Don't see them moving from Tatar yet.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Assuming they keep KAM and Lindgren, Kakko would need to be in the deal to make the money work.

Chychrun@50% for Lundkvist + Kakko + ???

As a base of a deal it's not sexy, but maybe you squeeze out more total overall value.

Chychrun should be a Florida Panther by now so this is all rather very dumb and I'm tired of talking about it.
Bro. I’m with you. It’s very stupid that the Panthers deal didn’t get done. They shouldn’t have sold the farm for Ben Chiarot (who sucks, and I knew wouldn’t help them at all) and Giroux (who doesn’t suck but didn’t help) all so they could hang onto Knight who played zero games in the playoffs, anyway.

Now they’ve got a bottom 10 blueline, a top 5 forward group, 2 starting goalies, and the worst pick/prospect pool in the league.

With how lousy our LD prospect depth is, I think Evan Nause (who I’m hot and cold on, after watching him quite a bit in the Q) would be #1 in our system (sad as that is). 2023 picks are obviously priceless as it’s seemingly impossible to get any extra, so that ‘23 2nd would be big for us. Especially if we use it on another LD that could jump Nause on the depth chart. And BA is obviously preoccupied with securing the goalie of the future. Knight is the quintessential golden goalie prospect. Meanwhile Hornqvist is an absolute menace and would be a welcome but of veteran fireball in our rebuilding room. And likely our most appealing deadline piece with max retention.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Rangers have a nice piece in Garand no real spot for him long term

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ

Chych
Ritchie

For

Tatar
Holtz
23' 1st
Jersey is loaded on D and weak at wing. Holtz figures prominently into their plans as soon as this season.

Think Jersey would pass.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Jersey is loaded on D and weak at wing. Holtz figures prominently into their plans as soon as this season.

Think Jersey would pass.
Jersey is loaded on right side d, wingers and centers.

Holtz doesn't have a spot with both Mercer/Bratt both being slotted ahead of him and Palat able to play left or right side. The idea of having a heavy shot long term to play with Hughes is ideal, but loosing Holtz is probably acceptable with Foote being in the mix and actually being a left wing.

Got bored tonight and ended up having a chat with a buddy of mine who scouts and is a jersey fan and asked him. He agreed Tatar is neutral value. Wouldn't pay to lose the contract but wouldn't cost anything to acquire him. And he was saying how Seigenthaler really impressed him. That him and graves are both solid shut down D but they are both likely second pairing shut down guys and they don't have anyone who they can play all situations. He also said if he was zona he wouldn't want mukhamadullin. Bahl is likely better based off size alone. And he would do their 1st, Holtz, Tatar and Bahl for chych and Ritchie pretty easily... Though he wasnt keen on having Ritchie but said he could see the draw if they ended up in a playoff push or needed someone to drive the net. Saw Holtz as a burried top 6 player who's value will decrease if he doesn't get past the rw's ahead of him now... The first isn't needed for jersey who's got too many young players as is and needs to exit the rebuild, but should still be a 10-20 pick (chance of being lower if Hughes or Hamilton get hurt).. and Bahl is a big bottom pairing shut down guy. Loved the idea of chych shoring up their defence

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Jersey is loaded on right side d, wingers and centers.

Holtz doesn't have a spot with both Mercer/Bratt both being slotted ahead of him and Palat able to play left or right side. The idea of having a heavy shot long term to play with Hughes is ideal, but loosing Holtz is probably acceptable with Foote being in the mix and actually being a left wing.

Got bored tonight and ended up having a chat with a buddy of mine who scouts and is a jersey fan and asked him. He agreed Tatar is neutral value. Wouldn't pay to lose the contract but wouldn't cost anything to acquire him. And he was saying how Seigenthaler really impressed him. That him and graves are both solid shut down D but they are both likely second pairing shut down guys and they don't have anyone who they can play all situations. He also said if he was zona he wouldn't want mukhamadullin. Bahl is likely better based off size alone. And he would do their 1st, Holtz, Tatar and Bahl for chych and Ritchie pretty easily... Though he wasnt keen on having Ritchie but said he could see the draw if they ended up in a playoff push or needed someone to drive the net. Saw Holtz as a burried top 6 player who's value will decrease if he doesn't get past the rw's ahead of him now... The first isn't needed for jersey who's got too many young players as is and needs to exit the rebuild, but should still be a 10-20 pick (chance of being lower if Hughes or Hamilton get hurt).. and Bahl is a big bottom pairing shut down guy. Loved the idea of chych shoring up their defence
The ‘23-‘24 Calder winner is a LHD and top pairing Dman in Jersey for a longtime.

RollingCoyote

Aug 13, 2022
On second thought, I don’t know if NYR would give that much up. But this does look pretty fun…

Keller-Boyd-Schmaltz
Crouse-Hayton-Kakko
Ritchie-Bjugstad-Kassian
McBain-Smith-Fischer

…maybe we add Timmins as a cheap replacement to sweeten the pot a little?

Given up on Guenther making the team or just forgot about him?

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
I wouldn’t put Guenther on a tank team. High risk of injury and pissing the player off.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
The ‘23-‘24 Calder winner is a LHD and top pairing Dman in Jersey for a longtime.
So a rookie who's not playing this year, don't think jersey is wanting to wait another year to make the push to the playoffs, they were testing the market with a number 2 pick this draft because they want guys who will push them out of the rebuild
And I hope Hughes doesn't take a year to adjust to the pro game as well. Add another year to rebuilding then
Plus, In two years having a d core of Hamilton, Hughes, chych, Marino, Nemec, graves/siegenthaler would be an awful (all but graves are locked in for contracts 3+ years). I'm sure they'd rather have Holtz playing 3rd line, Bahl (who's not even in the lineup with chych on the roster) and another top 10 pick

I don't mention Severson because he's a RD and I imagine he is moved before deadline... Doubt it's for picks though.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Given up on Guenther making the team or just forgot about him?
His spot went to Kakko, here.

My position on Guenther is that it would be a mistake to send him back down if he deserves a roster spot. And that if he does earn a spot, he’ll score 20g for us this year. I’ve pushed back on the idea that it’s better to send him to junior regardless of camp performance simply to shield him from a rebuilding year or to preserve an ELC year. I think that’s wrong and would damage the prospect and the relationship.

I’m a scenario where more veteran wingers are acquired, and he simply isn’t able to secure a spot in camp, I think it’s okay to send him back. But it has to be a merit based hockey decision, not a strategic, business operations decision.

Reactions: RollingCoyote

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I wouldn’t put Guenther on a tank team. High risk of injury and pissing the player off.
I disagree.

First, I don’t think he’s more likely to be injured when his team possesses the puck less. So I’m not sure I understand the point about being more likely to be injured on a bad team.

Also, he’s not going to be pissed off making a million bucks and flying on private jets and staying in premium hotels and facing off against his NHL idols every night.

What’s going to piss him off is if he earns that shot and is denied it because we want to “protect” him or ensure he hits RFA a year later. Riding a bus from Moose Jaw to Regina and eating soggy subs while making his signing bonus and per diem stretch will piss him off. And in a way he’s not likely to forget for many years.

Relationships with players are preserved via honest communication and merit based opportunity distribution. Players want the chances they earn. And they never want to be held back. Ever.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I disagree.

First, I don’t think he’s more likely to be injured when his team possesses the puck less. So I’m not sure I understand the point about being more likely to be injured on a bad team.

Also, he’s not going to be pissed off making a million bucks and flying on private jets and staying in premium hotels and facing off against his NHL idols every night.

What’s going to piss him off is if he earns that shot and is denied it because we want to “protect” him or ensure he hits RFA a year later. Riding a bus from Moose Jaw to Regina and eating soggy subs while making his signing bonus and per diem stretch will piss him off. And in a way he’s not likely to forget for many years.

Relationships with players are preserved via honest communication and merit based opportunity distribution. Players want the chances they earn. And they never want to be held back. Ever.
The bus trip made me laugh. Assume you picked just random WHL Cities as these 2 are less than an hour apart on a great highway. I think he gets every chance to make team.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I think Guenther makes the team. Agree with @rt. You can't send him back if he's ready.

He could get injured playing anywhere, so not a decision changer for me. Fulfilling his dream of making it to the NHL will have him high in life for a long time, no matter what the season looks like.

Unless he's not ready the only negative to keeping him in the NHL would be that he hurts the tank lol. Can't say the same for keeping him down where there's LOTS of negatives for Guenther.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
I believe he will have a higher risk of injury because he want / have to drive the play all the time. We have very limited offence and set up players. He will try to drive the play and get crushed. Second we have almost 3 lines of hacks. They will do stupid stuff to the opponents stars players. In return he will be targeted. I truly believe if he plays this year he will suffer major injury.

He’s a winner, used to winning and enjoys it. We are “trying” for another year of 20 wins. And guess what next year will be. Flying around in corporate jets and hotels sucks and gets old fast. You have to love what you are doing and enjoy your work. It what he spends 50 hours a week doing.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
I believe he will have a higher risk of injury because he want / have to drive the play all the time. We have very limited offence and set up players. He will try to drive the play and get crushed. Second we have almost 3 lines of hacks. They will do stupid stuff to the opponents stars players. In return he will be targeted. I truly believe if he plays this year he will suffer major injury.

He’s a winner, used to winning and enjoys it. We are “trying” for another year of 20 wins. And guess what next year will be. Flying around in corporate jets and hotels sucks and gets old fast. You have to love what you are doing and enjoy your work. It what he spends 50 hours a week doing.
? The novelty of playing in the NHL for the 1st time will make your assumption not a factor. Ain't nobody gonna target Guenther without getting their ass whooped over and over again. Retaliation is a NHL hockey trademark and expected from these Coyotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad